• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2014

L~A

Shrove Monday. Not a national holiday, but some places close anyway.

Well, the important thing is : is it a holiday in the region where NoE is located? I remember there was a holiday in that very region (but not the rest of the country) a few weeks ago, so that meant no PR on Monday. Ugh, I don't like when that stuff is delayed :(

Gambit

Bit odd that no press release is out. Is it a holiday in Germany again?

not really a holiday, but half the country is pissed out of their heads by now

Well, the important thing is : is it a holiday in the region where NoE is located? I remember there was a holiday in that very region (but not the rest of the country) a few weeks ago, so that meant no PR on Monday. Ugh, I don't like when that stuff is delayed :(

Nintendo itself is in Bavaria, where it's not as big a deal as in some other parts of Germany, but if Nintendo is a nice employer they might still allow for some frolicking.

But I think Nintendo's press department is actually in Frankfurt, so yes they'll be drunk as can be.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Bit odd that no press release is out. Is it a holiday in Germany again?

No. Give it a few more hours. Though it is Rosenmontag, so maybe quite a few employees took a few days off.

Well, the important thing is : is it a holiday in the region where NoE is located?

It's not a holiday anywhere in Germany. But in general, Bavaria has the most holidays in Germany, but the next monday that's a holiday is Easter.

Jethro

I do not like Carnival and I say this as a Rhinelander who lives near Dusseldorf and Cologne.

Btw. we can expect Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords as as Download DSi Title in the near future (or maybe this week)

Katsuragi

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a US Wii U. The US prices are much cheaper than the ones on my country's eShop and I don't have to bother with 50hz versions of translated VC games anymore. Your loss, NoE. :)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Well then, join the wait for SMB3. ;)

Edit: NoE added a new upcoming WiiU VC game to their release list, it's Renegade (only released on 3DS so far in Europe). Please don't let it be this week's VC game.

Robin64

Well then, join the wait for SMB3. ;)

Edit: NoE added a new upcoming WiiU VC game to their release list, it's Renegade (only released on 3DS so far in Europe). Please don't let it be this week's VC game.

You know it will be. Gotta love that VC!

Jucksalbe

Banned
I know, I know. But it's more fun to pretend it might be something interesting. So unless they update the page of Renegade with a proper date, I'll just assume they'll release a PC-Engine game.

L~A

*sigh*

I hate PR-less mondays :(

Oh well. Guess I can just tell people to please buy Hakuoki and Virtue's Last Reward for the 12th time, because they're fantastic games, kthxbbxoxo.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've yet to see it posted in the thread, but according to Nintendolife, Steel Empire will be arriving on the Japanese 3DS eShop later this month. Steel Empire is a Steampunk sidescrolling shmup originally for the Genesis and later ported to the GBA. According to Nintendolife, "[t]he 3DS version will feature upgraded visuals which take advantage of the console's 3D screen, as well as the ability to save a replay of your performance in each level."

There's no word of a western release yet, but Steel Empire has been officially released in the West in the past, so it may come in the future. I personally hope it does, because the GBA version sells for $50 or more, though the Genesis version is far less expensive.

The game will be released at the end of March for 2,940 yen, according to Siliconera.

Glass Joe

There has been a couple of noteworthy price drops in the Wii U eShop (U.S.) --

Assassin's Creed 3 - $19.99 (was $29.99)
Splinter Cell Blacklist - $39.99 (was $59.99)

I might bite on AC3. I rented it when it came out and it felt pretty meh, but alright. I was distracted by other things and after I'm done with DK, I'll be looking for something to play.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a US Wii U. The US prices are much cheaper than the ones on the Swiss eShop and I don't have to bother with 50hz versions of translated VC games anymore. Your loss, NoE. :)

Good move and good for you. I was actually wondering to myself recently why more EU VC fans don't just get NTSC systems.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I got a spotpass about Luigi sales:
Dream Team Bros -20%
Super Mario Bros -50%
Super Ligig U -33%

The Dream Team Bros is no £9...I'll tell you that.

Sales...on retail titles? In Europe as well (after the Japanese ones)?

Are we entering a brave new era, maybe? :lol

L~A

Hmm.... A Year of Luigi sale? Makes sense, it ends in two weeks, after all. Too bad Mario Kart 7 won't be on sale, it's pretty much the only title I wouldn't mind "upgrading" to digital, so I could always have it with me.

Oh well.

Wii U Retail Download

- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Namco Bandai, €44.99 / £36.99)

Wii U Virtual Console

- Renegade (Arc System Works, €4.99 / £3.49)

"Luigi" Special Offers

- New Super Luigi U (Nintendo, €14.99 / £13.49 until 13th March, normally €19.99 / £17.99)
- Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 13th March, normally €4.99 / £3.49)
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. (Nintendo, €31.99 / £27.99 until 13th March, normally €39.99 / £34.99)
- Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo, €2.49 / £1.74 until 13th March, normally €4.99 / £4.49)

3DS Downloads

- Tappingo (Goodbye Galaxy Games, $2.99)
- Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger (Microvalue, €4.99 / £4.49)

3DS Retail Download

- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Namco Bandai, €34.99 / £28.49)
- Life With Horses 3D (Treva Entertainment, €29.99 / £24.99)

3DS eShop Temporary Discount

- The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves (Genius Sonority, €6.99 / £6.29 until 13th March, normally €9.99 / £8.99)
- Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games, €3.49 / £2.99 until 3rd April, normally €6.99 / £5.99)
- SpeedX 3D (Gamelion, €2.10 / £1.89 until 1st May, normally €2.99 / £2.69)
- Monster Shooter (Gamelion, €2.10 / £1.99 until 3rd April, normally €6.99 / £6.29)
- 3D Game Collection (Joindots, €5.99 / £5.99 until 27th March, normally €13.99 / £11.99)
- Funfair Party Games (Joindots, €6.99 / £6.99 until 27th March, normally €19.99 / £17.99)
- Gardenscapes (Joindots, €5.99 / £5.99) until 27th March, normally €14.99 / £14.99)
- 3D Mahjongg (Joindots, €3.99 / £3.29 until 27th March, normally €4.99 / £4.49)
- Jewel Match 3 (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.99 until 27th March, normally €6.99 / £5.99)
- Murder on the Titanic (Joindots, €5.99 / £4.99 until 27th March, normally €14.99 / £14.99)
- Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots, €6.99 / £5.79 until 27th March, normally €7.99 / £6.99)

3DS eShop Permanent Discounts

- Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games, €19.99 / £17.99, was €29.99 / £24.99)
- Beyblade: Evolution (Rising Star Games, €19.99 / £19.99, was €29.99 / £29.99)
- Girls' Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games, €19.99 / £19.99, was €29.99 / £29.99)
- Crazy Kangaroo (Gamelion, €1.99 / £1.89, was €2.99 / £2.69)

DSiWare

- Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (1st Playable Productions, 800 Nintendo Points)

Lucifon

Is anyone still waiting in Europe for their 3DS Super Mario Bros code for linking their NNID? Thought these were meant to arrive by the 28th, but I've had nothing... And I've 100% linked my NNID.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's official, maybe: we've entered a brand new era where retail Nintendo titles can be discounted as well. I know OoT 3D got a discount back when Nintendo introduced retail titles on the eShop, but the European initiative + the sale happened in Japan recently makes me think we're going to see more in the future. Nintendo comprehending the relevance of deals for retail titles would be great.

Lots of sales this week, and...Harvest Moon permanently discounted!

L~A

3DS eShop Temporary Discount

The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves (Genius Sonority, €6.99 / £6.29 until 13th March, normally €9.99 / £8.99)

I take it The Denpa Men 3 will be announced this week, then.

tolkir

It's official, maybe: we've entered a brand new era where retail Nintendo titles can be discounted as well. I know OoT 3D got a discount back when Nintendo introduced retail titles on the eShop, but the European initiative + the sale happened in Japan recently makes me think we're going to see more in the future. Nintendo comprehending the relevance of deals for retail titles would be great.

Lots of sales this week, and...Harvest Moon permanently discounted!

If we consider those prices as discounted, then yes, it's official.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Renegade!
:(

I wish Super Mario Bros. 2 was also on sale, it's the only SMB title I didn't buy yet. It does have Luigi in it...

I take it The Denpa Men 3 will be announced this week, then.
I also take it the UK price will be £6.99 as the person at NOE misstypes the price again (as they did for Depna 1 making the 20% off sale more like 9% off).

Speaking of misstype. Super Mario Bros Wii U VC UK price is grandfathered at £3.49 hence why the PR says £1.74. I expect the 3DS eShop price will be £2.24 though.

GRW810

What are the chances the disc version of Luigi U will ever be lower than this digital sale price? I want the cool green box and a top price of a tenner but sometimes waiting has the adverse effect of seeing copies become scarce and prices rise.

Jucksalbe

Banned
What are the chances the disc version of Luigi U will ever be lower than this digital sale price?

As far as I know this was supposed to be printed until the end of 2013. So I'd expect prices to increase in a few months rather than fall.
If you can find it for about €20, get it, it's very much worth it.

RpgN

I also take it the UK price will be £6.99 as the person at NOE misstypes the price again (as they did for Depna 1 making the 20% off sale more like 9% off).

That would be hilarious, and here I was thinking the price difference is the minimum to make the purchase debatable this time around. Then again, the price of Denpa Men 2 is higher than Denpa Men. They probably priced it higher to get more out of early buyers and to make the sales look ''better''.

So here's the question now; what's the best Denpa Men game? Is 2 better than 1? Is it better to wait for 3? Is it better to play all of them? They all look samey, I'd rather play 1 that's considered the best.

I've read once that 2 is terrible, it has high random encounter rate and the challenge is cheap, that 1 was better balanced and more pure. Is there truth to that?

Glass Joe

What are the chances the disc version of Luigi U will ever be lower than this digital sale price? I want the cool green box and a top price of a tenner but sometimes waiting has the adverse effect of seeing copies become scarce and prices rise.

When they announced the disc version, they said it was a limited edition. Considering there's a bundle with Mario & Luigi U combined on disc, they might have meant it. It might eventually be considered scarce, or it might become like a loose Duck Hunt, ya never know.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Speaking of misstype. Super Mario Bros Wii U VC UK price is grandfathered at £3.49 hence why the PR says £1.74. I expect the 3DS eShop price will be £2.24 though.

This was posted in the Cheap Ass Gaffer thread:

vRr9Twd.jpg

So the price will be the same for the 3DS and WiiU version.

RpgN

Come to think of it, how can they have Luigi special deals and not include Luigi's Mansion in there? Lol.

L~A

Come to think of it, how can they have Luigi special deals and not include Luigi's Mansion in there? Lol.

Because it just keeps on selling, that's why.

This was posted in the Cheap Ass Gaffer thread:

So the price will be the same for the 3DS and WiiU version.

The real question is : why is the price different on Wii U and 3DS? Doesn't make much sense...

The real question is : why is the price different on Wii U and 3DS? Doesn't make much sense...
On the Wii 1000 points was £7 or €10. When the DSi came out NOE decided 1000 points was still €10 but now £9 (it is vaguely related to the exchange rate...it is a shame for the Wii U they didn't knock it closer to £8).

When they switched to real money they used the Wii points scale for the Wii U VC because otherwise it would be better to buy via the virtual Wii and upgrade (remember you keep the Wii versions, useful for Contra 3 if you have a preference for robots and permanent slowdown rather than occasional spike of slowdown):
-NES: No difference
-SNES: 10p cheaper

Actually, outside of the UK if you can switch countries on the virtual Wii (but not <>Australia as this wipes points) it might still be better to buy via that route if you want to have everything on a &#8364; NNID.

Top Bottom