• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2014

man i just accidentally purchased bravely default on the eshop. i was in the demos section, clicked on bravely default, clicked on download demo, forgot i have to click it again to open the download screen and hit the blue button instead. didn't realize it until i hit the second blue button. is it a good game? or did i just buy a 40$ digital paperweight?

BriBri

man i just accidentally purchased bravely default on the eshop. i was in the demos section, clicked on bravely default, clicked on download demo, forgot i have to click it again to open the download screen and hit the blue button instead. didn't realize it until i hit the second blue button. is it a good game? or did i just buy a 40$ digital paperweight?
It's a great game.

And I purchased Dekisugi Tingle Pack in my sleep once so it's not all bad;-)

L~A

Completing the game without shortcuts only gives you world 9 in the Famicom version. You have to beat the game 8 times (you can use warps, though) to get worlds A-D.

Hmm.... that's what I feared. I was somewhat hoping they'd hacked the ROM or something, so you could get the special levels without doing all that, but looks like I was wrong.

Good thing I didn't buy it, then. I wish Nintendo would sell the SNES version separately...

Ha, it's probably one the luckiest accidental purchase ever :p
It's a great game, and really worth playing even if you're not so much into JRPGs.

dolemite

You are incredibly lucky, the game is fantastic. Enjoy it.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Good thing I didn't buy it, then. I wish Nintendo would sell the SNES version separately...

It's not like you have to beat it eight times in one sitting. At least in the Famicom version you can select the bonus levels at any time from the start menu when you have them unlocked and don't have to play through the whole game again to get there.
Plus with warp pipes you only have to play 12 levels to beat the game (at least that's the shortest route I know of), that doesn't take very long.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh, finally! This version is supposed to have a proper online mode, isn't it?

Edit: I mean the WiiU version. I didn't even know this was also coming to the 3DS.

IIRC, this is the game that has cross-platform online, i.e. you can play against PC / iOS / Android players, as well as Nintendo players (wheter they have it on Wii U or 3DS)

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh, hmm....I guess that means I have to register some kind of external account for this? Oh well, at least this means more people to play with, I can't imagine the community for this would be all that big on WiiU alone.

Ondore

I'm confused... you didn't notice that you were downloading THE BIGGEST GAME ON THE SYSTEM? 26,000+ blocks didn't seem odd?

I'm confused... you didn't notice that you were downloading THE BIGGEST GAME ON THE SYSTEM? 26,000+ blocks didn't seem odd?

i didn't really pay attention to any of that info. i was in the demos section and clicked on download demo. i was in the mind set that i was getting the demo. it wasn't until after i clicked the second blue button that i realized i had clicked on purchase this game instead of clicking on download demo a second time.

this will be the last time i go on the eshop at like 2am. lol.

donny2112

No word if NOA will match the MK8 deal?

Sigh...

It's over two months out, and we don't have word of SMK coming to the U.S. VC. That said, I don't expect them to announce any other specials like that (if they're coming at all) until the Pokemon March special is out of the way.

Ponn

Banned

I just don't understand how this is becoming a thing.

BooJoh

It's a great game, but the filesize being twice the size of any other game on the eShop means it may indeed qualify as a digital paperweight as well.

L~A

I just bought myself a 32 GB card because my 16 GB is about to run out. Should I format the 32 GB card first?

No need. 3DS works with SDHC cards up to 32GB without problem. It's only if you get 64GB or 128GB Cards that you need to format them to FAT32. So you should be fine without formatting... like me ;)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Going to chime in: It's a great game in certain regards (battle system, gameplay and artwork), and ok when it comes to story and characters (some are great, some are meh). I have put ~50 hours into it, but I must say it's been a bit of a chore since I started chapter 5, because at that point the game starts recycling assets in an unforgivable manner.

That being said, it's basically worth it for the first four chapters alone, which are probably around 30-40 hours on their own. I treat the rest of the game as more or less post-game content.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I just went through their 3DS NA Miiverse communities to see how far they've come by now and checked which VC games are still missing a community. Surprisingly almost all of them are covered now, the only ones missing I could find are Life Force, Castlevania II, Balloon Fight and the GB version of Pac-Man. And, if you want to count them, none of the first 3D Classics have a community.
But sadly Miiverse is a lot emptier when it comes to retail games.

L~A

Not related to Nintendo downloads, but...

Maintenance takes place tomorrow on the #ClubNintendo Stars Catalogue. The service will be intermittent all day. Sorry for the inconvenience

Hmmm... If only that meant new catalogue with downloadable rewards :p

Maybe we're finally getting eShop money...
I have 300 stars expiring...but I'm not sure I'd want £ anyway, plus given .co.uk site covers UK and Ireland they would also have to offer €...

Then again there was that one month maintenance that gave us nothing...well eShop titles got surveys, Wii Shop Channel and DSi shop channel bought games had their surveys removed.

JoeM86

So far, we know

3DS
Yoshi's New Island
Pokémon Link: Battle

Also saw a press release for Star WarsTM Pinball: Balance of the Force for both US and EU on Wii U

Omg Witch & Hero 2? I loved the first one!

But faaaack its not gonna be available to me in NZ/Aus I bet is it? I had to go on the UK store to get the first one.. now I can't do that. :|

Daaaaamn you Nintendo! >_>

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Witch & Hero 2?

/lines up

JavyOO7

Runner 2 is worth full price. Even moreso when on sale. I hope everyone buys it so that the next one comes out as soon as possible!

... if there is a next one...

narton

Would that maintenance affect the US club nintendo? I tried logging in earlier today and it took forever to get in. Also, it's 3/10 but no new rewards. Which is why I looked.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U VC
Double Dragon €4.99 (£3.49)
Super Dodge Ball €4.99 (£3.49)

3DS
Yoshi's New Island €39.99 (£34.99)
Pokémon Link: Battle €7.99 (£7.19)
Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot €4.99 (£4.49)
Cube Tactics €2.99 (£2.69)

==
Special offers

Year of Luigi Part 2
Wii U
Dr. Luigi €9.99(£8.99) until 18/03/14 23:59 UTC

3DS
Luigi's Mansion™ 2 €35.99 (£31.99) until 18/03/14 23:59 local time.

Virtual Console for both
Super Mario Bros. 2 €2.49 (£1.74) until 18/03/14 23:59 local time

Others
Wii U
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien €3.99 (£3.33) until 20/03/14 23:59 UTC

3DS
Star Wars Pinball €3.49 (£3.14) until 20/03/14 23:59 local time.
Marvel Pinball 3D €3.49 (£3.14) until 20/03/14 23:59 local time.
Zen Pinball 3D €2.49 (£2.24) until 20/03/14 23:59 local time.
WAKEDAS €1.99(£1.69) until 27/03/14 23:59 local time.
Witch & Hero €1.99 (£1.79) until 27/03/14 23:59 local time.
World Conqueror 3D €3.99 (£3.59) until 27/03/14 23:59 local time.

Danneee

Oh, Super Dodge Ball. That's the kunio kunish game right?

Edit: NES or SNES version? If the latter I'll buy it for sure.
And Dr. Luigi is a must buy too. Glad I didn't buy it last week.

L~A

Would that maintenance affect the US club nintendo? I tried logging in earlier today and it took forever to get in. Also, it's 3/10 but no new rewards. Which is why I looked.

Nope, it's just for the EU Club Nintendo (different servers).

This week, in Europe

Wii U VC
Double Dragon €4.99 (£3.49)
Super Dodge Ball €4.99 (£3.49)

3DS
Yoshi's New Island €39.99 (£34.99)
Pokémon Link: Battle €7.99 (£7.19)
Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot €4.99 (£4.49)
Cube Tactics €2.99 (£2.69)

==
Special offers

Year of Luigi Part 2
Wii U
Dr. Luigi €9.99(£8.99) until 18/03/14 23:59 UTC

3DS
Luigi's Mansion™ 2 €35.99 (£31.99) until 18/03/14 23:59 local time.

Virtual Console for both
Super Mario Bros. 2 €2.49 (£1.74) until 18/03/14 23:59 local time

Others
Wii U
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien €3.99 (£3.33) until 20/03/14 23:59 UTC

3DS
Star Wars Pinball €3.49 (£3.14) until 20/03/14 23:59 local time.
Marvel Pinball 3D €3.49 (£3.14) until 20/03/14 23:59 local time.
Zen Pinball 3D €2.49 (£2.24) until 20/03/14 23:59 local time.
WAKEDAS €1.99(£1.69) until 27/03/14 23:59 local time.
Witch & Hero €1.99 (£1.79) until 27/03/14 23:59 local time.
World Conqueror 3D €3.99 (£3.59) until 27/03/14 23:59 local time.

Wow, 2 Virtual Consoles titles in the same week ;)
Oh, and that member who joked about a Week 2 for the Year of Luigi promotions is probably laughing right now :D

Not sure what to get this week... I'm already busy with Senran Kagura Burst, and there's PLvsAA coming out at the end of the month, so not sure whether I should buy Yoshi right now. Hmm...

RpgN

Nope, it's just for the EU Club Nintendo (different servers).

Wow, 2 Virtual Consoles titles in the same week ;)
Oh, and that member who joked about a Week 2 for the Year of Luigi promotions is probably laughing right now :D

Not sure what to get this week... I'm already busy with Senran Kagura Burst, and there's PLvsAA coming out at the end of the month, so not sure whether I should buy Yoshi right now. Hmm...

Yup! Although I'm going to be picky and say that this is hardly a sale for Luigi's Mansion 2. Normally the game costs 40 euros in the shops and right now you can get it for 33 euros.

At least it's acknowledging the game being part of the anniversary, so there's that.

Top Bottom