• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2014

90sRobots

It's here, behold:

BinlkSeIYAA35x7.png

Source

FINALLY my house will become a veritable palace of pussy!

.la1n

Presumably he means the 3DS eShop, where releasing GBA games would actually make sense.

If these games don't make it to the 3DS eshop I wouldn't be surprised. Nintendo seems to be hell bent on doing the opposite of what makes sense this generation.

rjc571

Banned
The Wakedas demo is insanely generous. Looks like it lets you play the first 100 levels out of 300 total.

It's a fun puzzle game, reminds me a lot of Art Style Zengage. It just has one really annoying flaw: It doesn't tell you what the minimum number of moves is to complete each stage!

CDX

Bought SMB: The Lost Levels.

*sigh* another week without NoA releasing SMB3 NES on VC

I really want those Japanese exclusive e-Reader levels.
Even though Nintendo would never bother to include them anyway

The only way I'd buy the GBA version of SMB3 on VC is if it includes ALL the e-Reader levels. You hear me Nintendo. I want those e-Reader levels.

steveovig

Give me a good reason why Nintendo couldn't include the e-Reader levels on a potential GBA release of SMB3? I know they probably won't but in 2014, it's probably more than possible to do it.

rjc571

Banned
The Wakedas demo is insanely generous. Looks like it lets you play the first 100 levels out of 300 total.

It's a fun puzzle game, reminds me a lot of Art Style Zengage. It just has one really annoying flaw: It doesn't tell you what the minimum number of moves is to complete each stage!

Scratch that, it's only 70 levels. Still really generous for a demo.

donny2112

The only way I'd buy the GBA version of SMB3 on VC is if it includes ALL the e-Reader levels. You hear me Nintendo. I want those e-Reader levels.

DLC. Including the never released Series 3 and 4 levels. Have Series 1 and 2 already (including the Wal-Mart exclusive cards). In fact, just put Series 3 and 4 as Club Nintendo items. I want those cards!!!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Everybody should buy Steamworld Dig. Fantastic game.

Sad that Pokemon Link doesn't have any online modes :(

Think I'll wait for the Vita version of Steamworld Dig.

The 3D effect is worthless, one of the few titles I've played sans stereoscopic effect, but I'd never do without a big map on the second screen at all times. The map is vital to the game, never mind if you go for 100% (and you will 'cause the game is the perfect length and it's madly addicting). Same reason I didn't bother with the Steam port.

L~A

Wii Fit U got an update today :

- you can now sync your Fit Meter data right at the start, when you launch the software (you can change it back to the "old way" by going to the game settings)
- when you sync your Fit Meter data, it now shows all calories burned since last synch, not just those from the current day. So now you can see whether you missed your calory target or not without going to the stats page.

Wii Fit U got an update today :

- you can now sync your Fit Meter data right at the start, when you launch the software (you can change it back to the "old way" by going to the game settings)
- when you sync your Fit Meter data, it now shows all calories burned since last synch, not just those from the current day. So now you can see whether you missed your calory target or not without going to the stats page.

Never mind that!
Does it still say "(promo)"?

Chopper

Everybody should buy Steamworld Dig. Fantastic game.

Sad that Pokemon Link doesn't have any online modes :(

The 3D effect is worthless, one of the few titles I've played sans stereoscopic effect, but I'd never do without a big map on the second screen at all times. The map is vital to the game, never mind if you go for 100% (and you will 'cause the game is the perfect length and it's madly addicting). Same reason I didn't bother with the Steam port.
Do we know how the map is handled in the Vita version? I have this on my 3DS, and am dying to tuck in, but I might hold out for the Vita version if it plays just as well.

Fewr

Do we know how the map is handled in the Vita version? I have this on my 3DS, and am dying to tuck in, but I might hold out for the Vita version if it plays just as well.
I'd like to know this too,

Steam I don't care, I just want to know whether to get this on 3ds or vita.

Cube Tactics is really fun.It's more a puzzle game than strategy. You basically build the battlefield with land pieces, traps, barracks to create units, etc. while your troops do their own thing. It's pretty fully-featured as well. There seems to be quite a few missions, a battle royale mode and online versus for up to 4 players. Great value for only $5.

zlCfzRns6rAe777X8F

Unfortunately none of you guys want to play it with me. :(

tolkir

Cube Tactics is really fun.It's more a puzzle game than strategy. You basically build the battlefield with land pieces, traps, barracks to create units, etc. while your troops do their own thing. It's pretty fully-featured as well. There seems to be quite a few missions, a battle royale mode and online versus for up to 4 players. Great value for only $5.

zlCfzRns6rAe777X8F

Sorry, I'm too busy with Pokemon Link, Monster Shooter, Tappingo and Knyttt Underground. :p

Nobunaga's Ambition rated on OFCL

Only SNES version released on Wii VC (not Europe).

zlCfzRns6rAe777X8F

so is like sword and soldiers , but in 3d ?

Bought Runner 2 and Steamworld Dig.

Asking again, is F1 Race Stars worth $15? Someone?

edit: also add 1 copy of DKC TF to the March NPD **sigh** this game deserves so much

Sorry, I'm too busy with Pokemon Link, Monster Shooter, Tappingo and Knyttt Underground. :p

No excuses! I bought Cube Tactics, Star Wars Pinball, Shifting Worlds and Boulder Dash 3DXL all at the same time! Backlog be damned!

so is like sword and soldiers , but in 3d ?
Sorta. You don't have buffs and magic like in Swords and Soldiers though. Your placement cubes are randomized as well, so there's only limited base-building. I think a more apt comparison would be the Cubemen games. Maybe a bit slower paced with a more Japanesey art-direction.

As an aside, I played online with Miiverse's hero, and lover of 3D horses, Whitehart. Dude clearly loves him some download titles.

Tailzo

It's been so long since I used my 3ds. I bought a new sd card and prepared to find a flood of jrpgs.

I forgot I live in Europe :(

How many jrpgs never made it to Europe compared to the US? I don't find many...

L~A

Oh, hey, look... Yet another Nikoli game. Are they gonna release them all at once, or what?

Funny thing is, the PEGI requires the final version of the game, so that's why you generally see no game pop-up there until close to release.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

zlCfzRns6rAe777X8F

I want to play it but it's not out in Europe yet.

On a completely unrelated note:

If you ever decide to upgrade your wiiu gamepad battery, _do_not_ use the kit screwdriver that comes with the nintendo battery pack (WUP-13). That screwdriver's tip barely fits in the heads of the screws on the back of the pad, and is generally too short for getting the job done (short handle = no leverage). Chances are you'll just grind the heads of the screws if any of those were slightly more tightened. Use a proper phillips #03.

What are all the negatives I need to know before linking my 3DS to an NNID? The only thing I know is that you can't unlink without deleting, which also deletes your account/purchases. It's already a very big negative, but is there anything else?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So another attempt - which Pinball 3D title is the way to go if you only want one ? All three are on sale and i need some advice :)

What are all the negatives I need to know before linking my 3DS to an NNID? The only thing I know is that you can't unlink without deleting, which also deletes your account/purchases. It's already a very big negative, but is there anything else?

I think the account would linked to a specific region/currency ( some users complained about it) - i never had to switch the eShop so thats no issue for me. Other point would be, that its probably easier to sell a system with digital titles on if they werent tied to an account. So there arent other disadvantages i know of.

Being able to download demos/f2p titles ala Steel Diver/Pokemon Bank etc. , Miiverse integration, software being tied to your ID from the point you create it, sharing balance with WiiU eShop outway the negative, imo.

Shiggy

Two questions:

1. Why is Nintendo always removing functions from the system now? First the chat software, now Nintendo Video? Flipnote 3DS was never even released...

2. How can I download a software patch? Steel Diver tells me I need an update. If I go to the Steel Diver software in the eShop, it tells me that I already downloaded that.

Jucksalbe

Banned
1. Why is Nintendo always removing functions from the system now? First the chat software, now Nintendo Video? Flipnote 3DS was never even released...

It seems Snapnote was removed because they couldn't guarantee the safety of children or something. Don't know about Nintendo Video, probably some rights issues, I could never use it anyway.

2. How can I download a software patch? Steel Diver tells me I need an update. If I go to the Steel Diver software in the eShop, it tells me that I already downloaded that.

Search for it on the eShop, there's a separate entry for the update.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Yeah, it's unnecessarily complicated. I guess they didn't design the 3DS to support patches and this is their workaround. At least on WiiU they learned.

rjc571

Banned
So another attempt - which Pinball 3D title is the way to go if you only want one ? All three are on sale and i need some advice :)

If you're just looking for any Pinball game for your 3DS, I recommend getting Pinball Pulse on DSiware instead (if you don't have it already). The Zen Pinball games were not meant to be played at 30 fps on a 400x240 screen.

zroid

Banned
If you're just looking for any Pinball game for your 3DS, I recommend getting Pinball Pulse on DSiware instead (if you don't have it already). The Zen Pinball games were not meant to be played at 30 fps on a 400x240 screen.

They look amazing in 3D though!

L~A

It seems Snapnote was removed because they couldn't guarantee the safety of children or something. Don't know about Nintendo Video, probably some rights issues, I could never use it anyway.

What rights? Nah, it's just for Nintendo Video to be interesting, you need to have interesting content for it. And unfortunately, the cost of providing content for the service probably far outweights the benefits, so that's why the service is ending. They did try the 'sell videos separately later", but nobody was really interested.

I've used the service each week since launch, and honestly, except a few stuff, it was all pretty forgettable... And honestly, I'd rather Nintendo spent their ressources on more important stuff than on Nintendo Video.

Search for it on the eShop, there's a separate entry for the update.

No need to do that. Just go to the eShop option, there's a link to check updates for downloaded software. But usually, it just gives you a message when you enter the eShop.

Jucksalbe

Banned
What rights? Nah, it's just for Nintendo Video to be interesting, you need to have interesting content for it.

I don't know what they even published there. It's IP locked, so I couldn't use it on my import 3DS.

No need to do that. Just go to the eShop option, there's a link to check updates for downloaded software. But usually, it just gives you a message when you enter the eShop.
Ah, didn't know that. But I don't think I ever got a message, I certainly didn't when I updated Steel Diver a few minutes ago.

M3d10n

The only negative over not using an NNID is that your 3DS will be locked into the country/region you currently have in your settings. If you switch between different eShop regions (for example, UK <-> Australia, Canada <-> Brazil, etc), you'll lose that ability.

That's only for eShop-only game updates. Updates for retail games requires a separate download, that is often it's own entry in the eShop.

Shiggy

Didn't get any notification.for Steel Diver, but it's good to know about that option in the settings.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Pure Chess &#8364;5.99 (£4.99)

Wii U VC
Castlevania - NES (US Version) &#8364;4.99 (£3.49)

3DS
Pure Chess &#8364;5.99 (£4.99)

3DS VC
Devil World - NES &#8364;3.99 (£3.59)

=====

Price Reductions:

Wii U
Nano Assault Neo &#8364;7.49 (£6.70) until 10/04/14 22:59 UTC

3DS
Nano Assault EX &#8364;7.49 (£6.35) until 10/04/14 23:59 local time.
Art of Balance TOUCH! &#8364;5.20 (£4.70) until 10/04/14 23:59 local time.
Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai &#8364;5.20 (£4.70) until 10/04/14 23:59 local time.
Mutant Mudds &#8364;5.99 (£5.39) until 03/04/14 23:59 local time.
Angry Bunnies &#8364;4.85 (£4.49) until 17/04/14 23:59 local time.
Fishdom H2O: Hidden Odyssey &#8364;3.74 (£3.35) until 17/04/14 23:59 local time

Permanent
3DS
My Exotic Farm &#8364;6.99 (£6.29) was &#8364;24.99 (£19.99)

Robin64

Devil World? Wow, nice. The only Miyamoto game to never get a release in North America. Hope they are luckier this time, eh?

Top Bottom