• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2012

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Best practices for patching:
1) Toggleable automatic downloading of patches
2) Prompting user on software launch or close that a patch is available
3) Allowing the user to manually check for patches
I'm not sure if there was a spotpass notification, but on the estore you can't miss the update: the message is the 1st thing you see before you can access the store. Actually there was a video app update first, I wonder what it does (boot faster?)

NeoRausch

huh? totally just opened my 3DS and it said that there are update availible for some software. clicked "ok" and it propted me to the update screen.

DL'ed the updates for nintendo video and MSF. why the hell would i delete something?! o_O

the eshop tells me that there is an update for MSF but when I go to the download page it says I already have it downloaded. I thought about deleting and redownloading but decided I'd just wait a bit and see if an actual update becomes available.

I'm in the US.

Yeah, now I've gotten the prompt. My save data isn't too big a loss (and it's my fault for not backing it up) but goddamn, you'd think they'd have the update live at the same time as the shop update.

Javier

The update proper for MSF is now up on the US eShop. It prompts me to update when I open the eShop.

Not downloading it yet because it's HUGE, and the WiFi at work is horribly slow.

Got G&WG2, too. Finally I can play this again.

How good is G&WG2?

it's even better than the first one, and in COLOR! There's about.... I think 5 games initially, but you unlock the Ball game after having a certain amount of stars, which initially has Yoshi, but you can unlock Mario, Wario, and Bowser later on (the latter I thought I glitched initially).

Hoping 3 and 4 make it. I never owned those.

Boogiepop

We're just never getting Wario, are we? I mean, what's happening with that and Kid Icarus?!

Edit: Oh wow, G&WG2 is one of the ones I had as a kid. I sunk sooooo much time into it! May just have to pick it up!

bon

The update proper for MSF is now up on the US eShop. It prompts me to update when I open the eShop.

Not downloading it yet because it's HUGE, and the WiFi at work is horribly slow.

Got G&WG2, too. Finally I can play this again.

Yeah, it says it needs 1802 blocks. That can't be right, can it?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I think Wayforward added also new catchphrases for the main character, when you start a level. Now she says also "Stop! In the name of the..." I don't understand the last word, and "Hold it right there!". ...Or maybe I missed them despite playing the hell out of the first 16 levels? O_O

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looks like our next 3DS VC game might be Rayman GBC. It's on the eShop right now as a "Coming Soon" title.

...So, next week will be the third one with a VC release? Woah, NoA finally taking things seriously. Megaton. Gigaton. Spuuuund.

Adamator

I noticed I had a ton of updates of my downloaded software, a lot of them from the NES Ambassador Games. The Cert was updated too, and Pushmo. One thing that irks me is that "Check for updates" option doesn't seem to do shit. I had 10+ updates available.

A change log with updates would also be nice.

Any one know what's in all these little updates?

Sendou

Bought MSF not only because I heard it's a great game but also because I want to encourage this kind of behaviour (offering free DLC) outside PC world.

EDIT:
^NES games were updated to support more features. For example save states and neat 3D NES logo. If you're not talking about those updates then it was some humbug that Nintendo likes to put up :p

Tyeforce

I noticed I had a ton of updates of my downloaded software, a lot of them from the NES Ambassador Games. The Cert was updated too, and Pushmo. One thing that irks me is that "Check for updates" option doesn't seem to do shit. I had 10+ updates available.

A change log with updates would also be nice.

Any one know what's in all these little updates?
Those little updates are a mystery. Nearly all (if not all) Virtual Console games received an update like that as well as some other titles like Ambassador Certificate. I'm guessing they were just minor behind the scenes updates, because the updates adds nothing noticeably new at all. I'll bet Nintendo didn't put them in the "Updates" section because they didn't want people thinking that their games had updates with new content.

Kerub

Banned
I don't get the MSF update. I downloaded the update but there are still only 16 levels.

I haven't finished the last two levels yet though, are the new levels hidden until I beat those or what? >.>

Nobody has this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

I got the retry button but still only 16 levels.

Morts

Just got Game & Watch Gallery 2, my first eShop purchase since Sakura Samurai. I forgot how addictive that version of Donkey Kong is.

It'd be nice to see Rayman GBC next week to keep the VC streak alive. I doubt it though since they aren't pimping it in the dedicated "Rayman" section of the shop yet.

Is the GBC version of Rayman even any good? Is it a cut down version of the original Rayman or an entirely new game?

EDIT - Looks pretty good based on random youtube footage, not sure if I'll pick it up though

Javier

Mighty Switch Force got another update that's not mentioned anywhere, but most of you probably didn't notice.

The game is now multi-language. I was surprised when I started it and the menus were in Spanish.

Is the GBC version of Rayman even any good? Is it a cut down version of the original Rayman or an entirely new game?

EDIT - Looks pretty good based on random youtube footage, not sure if I'll pick it up though

I played through it last year; it's a different game, pretty good platformer.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Some new upcoming stuff.

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Order Up!! (UTV Ignition Games | Demo Version) Upcoming (05/31)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

uxwGK.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Go! Go! Kokopolo (OT) (Arc System Works | 800 Points | ¥800) Upcoming (05/30)
  • 99Bullets (Arc System Works | 500 Points | ¥500) Upcoming (05/30)

I know there are some game overlaps, but are the older Game & Watch Galleries worth it on their own if I've got Gallery 4 on standby in my Micro?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I know there are some game overlaps, but are the older Game & Watch Galleries worth it on their own if I've got Gallery 4 on standby in my Micro?

They're different games in each one for the most part, so yes, if you enjoy them. G&WG2 is my most played Game Boy Color title, and I've already put three hours in it today. I also enjoy having it on my 3DS at all times, since it's a great pick up and play for a few minutes sort of title. I hope 4 eventually comes out on eShop whenever they start GBA games.

Played through the new levels from Mighty Switch Force and I'm quite delighted by them.

Each level seems to have one element from the main 16 levels expanded a bit further. Not sure how difficult they are compared to the originals, but I greatly enjoyed the additions.

Oh, and having a Retry button on the Pause Menu was a Godsend.

Capndrake

Japanese Wii VC games next month:

-Tsukikomori (SFC)
-Pulstar (Neo Geo)
-Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers (Neo Geo)

And Europe gets Rayman (GBC) on 3DS VC next week.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
uxwGK.png

Wii | Virtual Console

• Tsukikomori (Namco Bandai | Super Famicom | 800 Points) Upcoming (06/??)
  • Pulstar (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Upcoming (06/??)
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers (D4 Enterprise | Neo Geo | 900 Points) Upcoming (06/??)

Chopper

Aww, no "Next week on Nintendo eShop" category this week.
Welcome back. :p

I bought Mighty Switch Force when it first came out, and it didn't really grab me. I decided to start playing it again thanks to the update and I've got to say, I'm totally digging it. The mechanics are razor sharp, as is the fantastic 3D effect. Game just got harder at Chapter 11, and I don't want to blow my load on this in one sitting, so I'll let it lie til tomorrow. But it is a very cool game indeed. Wayforward fucking rule.

Top Bottom