• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - Spring/Summer 2011 -- Final Fantasy VI (FFIII US) up on VC

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I forget, were there any difficulty changes or anything between FF6 and FF3US?

nin64

Neo Member
Still no new 3DSware...that sucks. Japan already got over 10 3DSware titles and we still have only Excite Bike and Pokedex.
Seriously, NOA should have some time...they don't need to localize some JRPGs on Wii, and the next big title Star Fox 3D is on September while japan will get it next week.
What are they busy with?

Foffy

Banned
nin64 said:
Still no new 3DSware...that sucks. Japan already got over 10 3DSware titles and we still have only Excite Bike and Pokedex.
Seriously, NOA should have some time...they don't need to localize some JRPGs on Wii, and the next big title Star Fox 3D is on September while japan will get it next week.
What are they busy with?

Uh...they have to find a way to market Fortune Street?!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Htown said:
I forget, were there any difficulty changes or anything between FF6 and FF3US?

There's some script changes and a few sprites were minorly censored. No difficulty or gameplay changes.

I'm on central time so still a few minutes to go before I can get Kirby's Dreamland. I'll never forget renting it back in the day for our Chunkboy, the graphics had such an amazing amount of charm and detail for an old dot matrix GB game. It's gonna look nice sitting next to GB DK on my home page's first screen. :)

edit: It's 11:04am and it's still not there, what gives?

Shop finally updated for me at about 11:19am, weird. Anyways, finally have my old school Kirby back and am loving it. Speaking of today's update, I had to scroll past eleven channels on the shop just to get to the Virtual Console screen. On the plus side, they now have a category channel for Art Style.

Wait, we got Mega Man 5 last week? That one kind of flew over my head.

Edit: Damn it was even further back than that. I need to turn on my Wii sometimes. It and the 360 are getting no love with the 3DS in the house.

nin64 said:
What are they busy with?
July and August are the lowest selling months for videogames. Funny as a subset of the audience has a lot of free time in that period but thats how its always been...then again didn't stop Wii Sports Resort...

RaidenZR

The 3DS eShop's interface is really getting ridiculous with those arbitrary, changing categories each week. I didn't really want to overreact to it initially, and there were only like 3 tucked at the end of the list before, but now it's clearly awful. As nice as the transitions are and as clean as a settled screen looks, I can't help but ask what were they thinking?

Deku

Banned
Agent Unknown said:
Shop finally updated for me at about 11:19am, weird. Anyways, finally have my old school Kirby back and am loving it. Speaking of today's update, I had to scroll past eleven channels on the shop just to get to the Virtual Console screen. On the plus side, they now have a category channel for Art Style.

It changes week to week.

They featured the 'Go series' of budget ware games last week.

And you could have probably found the Kirby downloload if you just went into new releases.

They also sometimes give individual apps their own icon on the eshop 'shelf' .
RaidenZR said:
The 3DS eShop's interface is really getting ridiculous with those arbitrary, changing categories each week. I didn't really want to overreact to it initially, and there were only like 3 tucked at the end of the list before, but now it's clearly awful. As nice as the transitions are and as clean as a settled screen looks, I can't help but ask what were they thinking?

It gives 3rd party and small app makers more exposure. Traditional set categories will always favour the most popular/most downloaded games usually.

But I agree they need to limited the number of things to scroll through and maybe reserve 1-2 categories (only) to change on a week to week basis.

But I don't mind it really.

CoolS

Haha, just finished Kirby in less than 30 minutes. Still remember everything from this so vividly since I played the fuck out of it as a kid.

Just started the extra game, and either my GB was broken as a kid or I was to stupid to activate it, but I actuually think I never played that before. It really is a lot harder, especially since I don't know the enemies movement patterns.

Still, I think the game looks amazing for being a GB game. I love it. Now give the the sequel :)

Deku said:
And you could have probably found the Kirby downloload if you just went into new releases.

Yeah, kinda silly of me not to have gone there.

Roto13 said:
I'm happy to see Kirby's Dream Land just because that means we're a step closer to Kirby's Dream Land 2.

True, but I'm kind of resistant at this point to downloading GB games that were Super Gameboy enhanced since they refuse to implement the feature. I made an exception with DK '94 since I'd just gotten my system, was hungry to try the VC out and was in need of some portable arcade style Donkey Kong. But from here on out I plan on ebay'ing a Super Gameboy for awesome stuff like this:

DK '94 on Super Gameboy with "Arcade cabinet" enhancement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_SYU0-QlI

Are those Anonymous Notes games any good or are the anime boobs selling them? They're near the top on a few charts.

I got Kirby today. I hope it's good. The only other regular Kirby game I've ever bought is Kirby's Dream Land 2.

I'd be more excited for FFIII if the superior-in-almost-every-way GBA port didn't exist. Anyway, totally getting Kirby's Dream Land.

Bought Kirby's Dream Land and beat both the standard and Extra modes. Hopefully Kirby's Dream Land 2 comes soon, it's better in pretty much every way. (And one of my favorite entries in the series, behind Super Star and Adventure)

Oni Link 666 said:
Are those Anonymous Notes games any good or are the anime boobs selling them? They're near the top on a few charts.

I got Kirby today. I hope it's good. The only other regular Kirby game I've ever bought is Kirby's Dream Land 2.

Anonymous Notes is part of a retail game which is available for extremely cheap now. Can't remember the name though :/

Kirby is very short, and he has no friends or ability-stealing concepts yet. Fun but short.

Kevtones

There's a lot of loot in Anonymous Notes although it feels kind of pointless. Still, good for $2 because the gameplay is a rather composition of elements.

CamHostage

I'm not at home yet, but how much does Final Fantasy III cost? Nintendo apparently can't even be bothered to list its pricing anymore...

Roto13

CamHostage said:
I'm not at home yet, but how much does Final Fantasy III cost? Nintendo apparently can't even be bothered to list its pricing anymore...
That's because all SNES games cost the same. 800 points.

Mafro

Some of the E3 trailers are up on the EU eShop now.

Roto13 said:
That's because all SNES games cost the same. 800 points.
Pretty sure it's 900 points on the EU VC. Square Tax and all that.

Ah damn it, just got my system and they don't take Discover cards fffuuuu

Oh well Excitebikes is nice, stupid question but are the eshop money cards out yet?

CamHostage

Mafro said:
Pretty sure it's 900 points on the EU VC. Square Tax and all that.

And Japan. I thought that they were putting the Square Tax on in America too, that's why I asked, but I forgot that Chrono Trigger was 800 points.

Electivirus said:
I'd be more excited for FFIII if the superior-in-almost-every-way GBA port didn't exist. Anyway, totally getting Kirby's Dream Land.
The low quality music and graphics of the GBA version makes me very happy the game finally came out on a system capable of recreating the original game experience.

So, why do we still only have one 3D Classic in the US? Didn't Japan get two of them at launch?

Dreamwriter said:
So, why do we still only have one 3D Classic in the US? Didn't Japan get two of them at launch?
Xevious was confirmed for Europe in July, so we'll probably get it too then.

Mario Picross GB was also confirmed for VC in Europe in July, so we'll probably get that too.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
brandonh83 said:
Ah damn it, just got my system and they don't take Discover cards fffuuuu

Oh well Excitebikes is nice, stupid question but are the eshop money cards out yet?
Yes, I have seen them on store shelves.

Htown said:
Yes, I have seen them on store shelves.

Got one.

Are those Abyss games any good? I saw chapter 1 and 2 and it reminded me of Mana so naturally they caught my attention, and they're pretty cheap.

kunonabi

I couldn't stand the changes to the gba version so I'm happy to have the SNES version again. I still have my snes cart but not the console.

GeekyDad

brandonh83 said:
Got one.

Are those Abyss games any good? I saw chapter 1 and 2 and it reminded me of Mana so naturally they caught my attention, and they're pretty cheap.

Yeah, it's a poor man's Children of Mana, basically. Played a bit of the original game, but lost interest. For what they're asking for the chapters on the eShop/DSiWare, I'd say they're worth it if you're in the mood for an unexceptional hack-n-slash dungeon crawler.

GeekyDad said:
Yeah, it's a poor man's Children of Mana, basically. Played a bit of the original game, but lost interest. For what they're asking for the chapters on the eShop/DSiWare, I'd say they're worth it if you're in the mood for an unexceptional hack-n-slash dungeon crawler.

Hmm I see. I have like $13 left, just wondering if there's any gems I don't know about before I just use it all up on the Gameboy titles.

GeekyDad

brandonh83 said:
Hmm I see. I have like $13 left, just wondering if there's any gems I don't know about before I just use it all up on the Gameboy titles.

Not sure what you've played yet, but my highest recommendation is always going to go to Starship Defense for now on. So, if you haven't played that game and you dig TD games, definitely consider it.

anima: ark of Sinners trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtpUPpm3Cdo&feature=player_embedded

art

celia_cuerpo2.jpg

celia_cara.jpg

celia_cuerpo.jpg

Official Site: http://www.animagamestudio.com/

I guess they're a Spanish development studio?

-------

U.S. gets this on Jul 7th for Wiiware:

AEJCPtL7rgRQRR4rEQ3B1-qoXwYW9Q5I.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ZN-zT5JZB_qWrXOwVG0qjIcelTPyCLqw

Kerrby

Banned
I'm shocked (well not really after the Wii) at how badly Nintendo has failed with the 3DS. No games out normally, only one 3D classic and barely anything on 3DS virtual console.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Can anybody tell me what the deal is for Pinball Pulse?
I never had a DSi, and the two games I wanted the most (PP and Cave Story, since I don't care for the upcoming CS 3D) aren't available on Europe's eShop.
Why is that, do you guys have an idea?

Shiggy

Dash Kappei said:
Can anybody tell me what the deal is for Pinball Pulse?
I never had a DSi, and the two games I wanted the most (PP and Cave Story, since I don't care for the upcoming CS 3D) aren't available on Europe's eShop.
Why is that, do you guys have an idea?

Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon should be available in the DSi shop in Europe too, it was released in March 2010.

Apparently, it was announced that these games could not be transferred:

* Art Academy First Semester
* Art Academy Second Semester
* Asphalt IV
* Crash-Course Domo
* Earthworm Jim
* Flipnote Studio
* Hard-Hat Domo
* Let's Golf
* Nintendo DSi Browser
* Oregon Trail
* Pinball Pulse: The Ancients Beckon
* Pro-Putt Domo
* Real Soccer 2009
* Real Soccer 2010
* Rock-n-Roll Domo
* SUDOKU MASTER
* SUDOKU SENSEI
* Sudoku Student
* White-Water Domo

I really wonder why...maybe some dispute with Silverball Studios? Probably not, the US apparently can buy it on eShop: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/9w4AIMWKPhQbKXXpp24L4ES9u9yAoDmP

Even more: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26954

GeekyDad said:
Not sure what you've played yet, but my highest recommendation is always going to go to Starship Defense for now on. So, if you haven't played that game and you dig TD games, definitely consider it.

Not a big fan of TD titles, and I've given the genre plenty of shots. Just not for me. I ended up getting Shantae which is pretty good.

JaseMath

Cool - FFVI! Just need Illusion of Gaia, Demon's Crest and Yoshi's Island and my SNES collection will be pretty much complete.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Someone at Nintendo customer service actually responded re: Pinball Pulse: it's not available due to complications with the original developers - Fuse have closed since the original release, and even though they kinda-sorta-reformed as Silverball, getting the game renewed would take more than the bare minimum required for most other DSiWare games, so it's canned.

For what it's worth, I was able to transfer Pinball Pulse from my Aussie DSi to my Aussie 3DS a week or so ago with no issues, and I'm pretty sure I read that the Art Academy games are working now, too, but don't quote me on that.

Shiggy

@MUWANdo said:
Someone at Nintendo customer service actually responded re: Pinball Pulse: it's not available due to complications with the original developers - Fuse have closed since the original release, and even though they kinda-sorta-reformed as Silverball, getting the game renewed would take more than the bare minimum required for most other DSiWare games, so it's canned.

For what it's worth, I was able to transfer Pinball Pulse from my Aussie DSi to my Aussie 3DS a week or so ago with no issues, and I'm pretty sure I read that the Art Academy games are working now, too, but don't quote me on that.

Silverbal did the European localisation of Pinball Pulse hmm

Top Bottom