• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Dream: December 2014 Issue Preview (Miyamoto, Sakurai, Nintendo staff)

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
250_l.jpg

Celebrating its 250th issue, the last Nintendo Dream of this calendar year, is going out with a bang.

* Huge 20,000 character interview with Shigeru Miyamoto regarding the pikmin animated films, and several of Nintendo's 2015 projects.

* 2 Page feature and interview with Masahiro Sakurai regarding Super Smash Bros.

* Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire development staff interview

* Mario Kart 8 DLC feature and development staff interview

* New details on Splatoon, Kirby: Rainbow Curse, Ace Attorney, Harvest Moon

* New Years Greeting Cards from Nintendo development staffs

250_nenga.jpg

This is by far the best Nintendo magazine on the planet. Why can't you order these digitally?

Phazon

Sounds very interesting. I hope the new or interesting info will get a summary from one of our Japanese Gaffers ^^

Armigr

No news on Yoshi's Woolly World? I'm starting to worry about that game's supposed 'Early 2015' release date!

Azure J

Hope they talk a little about the one coming in May and how they decided to go with Link and the rest of the characters.

I kinda want them to have a blowout on the concept art they used to generate ideas for the tracks in the game. I would pay top dollar for Nintendo art books yet no one seems to capitalize on this idea.

Cherubae

I wonder if Books Kunokinuya carries this.

Might pick it up, even though my Japanese is terrible.

The retail Kinokuniya shops will special order it if you ask, but you have to wait until after it appears in their system sometime after the 20th of the month. My local shop has been ordering it for me for a while.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I just got the issue. If anyone can help in the translation, feel free to PM me.

The interview with Miyamoto, spends quite a few pages discussing Pikmin 3 and the Pikmin short movies. Miyamoto ends the interview discussing six main projects for 2015.

Pikmin Short Movies / Pikmin 3 seems to be mentioned for 2015. I'm not sure if it means there will be more Pikmin movies, or the idea applied to another franchise. Star Fox U, Splatoon, The Legend of Zelda U, Mario Maker, and Amiibo related projects are discussed.

Volotaire

I just got the issue. If anyone can help in the translation, feel free to PM me.

The interview with Miyamoto, spends quite a few pages discussing Pikmin 3 and the Pikmin short movies. Miyamoto ends the interview discussing six main projects for 2015.

Pikmin Short Movies / Pikmin 3 seems to be mentioned for 2015. I'm not sure if it means there will be more Pikmin movies, or the idea applied to another franchise. Star Fox U, Splatoon, The Legend of Zelda U, Mario Maker, and Amiibo related projects are discussed.

I wonder if they will announce one large Amiibo project game at E3 later this year, since Miyamoto (Nintendo) has named it as a main project. It must mean more past the figurines and limited application in their first party games.

Cant help just now, but maybe in ten hours or so when I get home if no one else can do it.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I wonder if they will announce one large Amiibo project game at E3 later this year, since Miyamoto (Nintendo) has named it as a main project. It must mean more past the figurines and limited application in their first party games.

I think that is definitely going to be Animal Crossing with NFC Cards. Probably for Japan this November.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Pikmin 3 needs to be played by more people before a Pikmin 4 is made.

The shorts are cool though, and I wouldn't mind a spinoff game while we wait for the next mainline one.

I hope the amiibo cards aren't nearly as expensive as the toys then...

Hopefully they'll be just a couple bucks. I can't imagine what it would do to my wallet if there were a separate "town" area that you could populate with villagers (larger amount than normal town) by buying their Amiibo/NFC card.

Dr. Buni

Hopefully they'll be just a couple bucks. I can't imagine what it would do to my wallet if there were a separate "town" area that you could populate with villagers (larger amount than normal town) by buying their Amiibo/NFC card.
I am thinking Animal Crossing U will support other Nintendo characters as "Villagers", which will be weird given that half of them aren't animals.
They confirmed that cards would be cheaper than figurines, from top of my head.
That is obvious, but how cheaper? Amiibos are $12, right? So the cards should be like... $5 at most.

ASIS

Pikmin 3 needs to be played by more people before a Pikmin 4 is made.

The shorts are cool though, and I wouldn't mind a spinoff game while we wait for the next mainline one.
Everyone interested in the game already played it. The newer players are negligible in comparison

How much did the game sell btw? I hope not to bad :(

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Between this and 4gamer's interview, it's so much content that needs translation, oh my God.

Top Bottom