Nintendo DS Games in HD

PGamer

fucking juniors
I saw a post on Reddit claiming that someone recently developed a fork of the Nintendo DS emulator DeSmuME that can render games in higher than native resolutions. As I've never seen a DS emulator do this before I thought I'd test it out and take some screenshots. They don't scale up quite as nicely as PSP games or more recent consoles (as expected) but some games don't look half bad.

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Elite Beat Agents

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Metroid Prime Hunters

Ōkamiden

Pokémon Black Version 2

The graphics for KH 358 is the reason why I haven't played it yet. This up-res looks pretty good actually I may finally give the game a shot.

Golden Sun looks awful, lol. The rest aren't too bad. Metroid Prime, Kingdom Hearts, and Dragon Quest actually look pretty good blown up.

The character models in Kingdom Hearts and Samus's arm cannon look surprisingly good.
Given the textures in these games, I'm not surprised at all at how bad everything else looks. That's more like what I was expecting.

Golden Sun text hard to read and hurts my eyes as does everything else in the pic of course. Metroid Prime looks pretty decent though. Wonder how the pinball one would look. That was pretty good looking game I think.

Dunno. I watched an hour of Gran Turismo yesterday and it manages to push a lot more.

DS graphics always felt like a half point between GBA and PS1 sadly.
Ehh.. those Metroid shots look pretty good I'd say. Up there with some of the better looking PS1 games. KH character models are also high-tier PS1 quality at least.