• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Wow trying to grab PS3 related conference videos right now is a big no-no it seems. Gametrailers is shitting itself.

Bloodwake

speedpop said:
Wow trying to grab PS3 related conference videos right now is a big no-no it seems. Gametrailers is shitting itself.

No joke.... last night I was trying to get videos and the entire site reset itself... all the links led back to a two year old King of Fighters trailer. Luckily I saw the MGS4 and FFXIII trailers before it went down.

Darko

time to catch up ^_^, what site has the best for e3 streams gs or ign, gonna watch the sony till the nintendo one starts

effzee

im just going to make a checklist of things we should be seeing or that i want nintendo to cover:

first of all the games...MARIO, Smash Bros, Zelda, Metroid....even if they all arent for launch i must see them!

not only that but if Smash Bros and Metroid are not for launch i esp want to see THE NEW FRANCHISES WHATEVER THEY MAYBE!!!

ok so that was one thing...the games...next i want nintendo to cover:

-online plans...wifi how they are going about it
-virtual console...how much which games etc etc
-controller...reply to sony....and show the TRADITIONAL shell which can be used for those games that dont take advantage of the Wii control.

Xdrive05

On 1up's site - will the Nintendo link under "conferences" be clickable once it begins or is that only where to see it once it is over? So far Gametrailers is DOA so we need 1up as a backup, no? Where is the live feed there?

Bloodwake

Sadness... I am at school, therefore I can't see the conference.

I hope I can get to read the 1up report over lunch though.... and of course see what the scoop is here.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Wii has to offer. I would like to see exactly how the controller support with Zelda works. Of course, I am intrigued by Mario, but I would also like to see how Smash Bros. and Metroid Prime looks.

If Red Steel has a fully functioning demo, that would be cool.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I feel completely apathetic towards it, which is strange. I'm sure I'll get going once the conference starts.

Guess I've been burnt too many times to get excited. And it's not helping that I have an image in my head of Mario Galaxy which involves little platforming and ltos of flying about in a UFO.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
so basically if Nintendo comes up, shows a true Mario 64 sequel (like NSMB is a true SMB sequel), shows SSBM online, Pokemon Diamond, and says the system will be $199, they win E3.

AMIRITE?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
about to hop on the train, ride home, walk in the door with a couple a beers and watch the conference. good deal.

effzee

i went to Nintendo.com as i remember watching a free live feed 2 yrs ago when Zelda was first revealed but they re directed me to gamespot. now do i need to sign up for thier service or can i watch it for free even if im not subscribed?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Barf_the_Mog said:
Nintendo never has the flashiest conferences, though, so it's hard to get pumped like Sony and Microsoft make you feel

*scratches head*

Are you sure you didn't get that backwards?

Flipmo23

catfish said:
about to hop on the train, ride home, walk in the door with a couple a beers and watch the conference. good deal.
I have the beers already, but where do I see the conference? I can't find it at 1up.

Nintendo's are the only one you can get excited for. Surprises all round, Reggie quotes, Iwata facial expressions, and maybe Miyamoto!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Everyone get on gamespot...we'll all get in a chat and talk on there. Somebody pick a room.

I can't wait to see the stark contrast between Sony's conference and Nintendo's. Nintendo usually puts on a great show even if they aren't releasing huge things.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The stream and chats are up for subscribers at Gamespot. Just music now, of course. Looks like a 500K stream.

SantaC

AzureRonin said:
I can't wait to see the stark contrast between Sony's conference and Nintendo's. Nintendo usually puts on a great show even if they aren't releasing huge things.

nintendo is usually showing gameplay, which matters.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
SantaCruZer said:
nintendo is usually showing gameplay, which matters.

This is good because they know how to present it well, SCE's Press Conference had a lot of gameplay, but it was surely not well presented.

Top Bottom