• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2014 - discussion thread for their E3 plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just for the name, though? Is it worth it to go through the legal hassle just to tie it into the old SE xeno games? They don't need them. The game will not sell any more because it mentions weltall or something.
It's probably not that much legal hassle, no more hassle than with bayonetta 2 and SE and nintendo are buddy buddy enough that they can ask, and SE will be like "sure, just give us 10%" or whatever.

TheRook

It's probably not that much legal hassle, no more hassle than with bayonetta 2 and SE and nintendo are buddy buddy enough that they can ask, and SE will be like "sure, just give us 10%" or whatever.

It still doesn't seem likely sense Xenoblade is still a thing...that and it could be a new game with the Xeno- prefix...that's always a possibility.

onilink88

Didn't people think the same thing about Bayonetta up until 2 was announced?

But the rights to Bayonetta haven't shifted; Sega still owns the IP. Nintendo's not going to go through the trouble of buying Xenogears when X can be named "Xenowhatever", and nobody would care.

Having to share a cut of the profits all for the sake of pandering to Xenogears fans? Yeaaaah, that's not going to happen.

georly

That's my point. Nintendo doesn't need to lost a percent of their profit so they can use the SE 'Xenogears'/'Xenosaga' name. The amount of sales that would increase would be negligible I think. The game will sell just fine without needing SE help.

Riki

It still doesn't seem likely sense Xenoblade is still a thing...that and it could be a new game with the Xeno- prefix...that's always a possibility.
Well the idea is that everything we know about X is poiting towards it using the same ideas from the original concept for Xenogears Episode 1 ( the game Square released was actually Episode 5).
That doesn't mean it has to take place in the Xenogears universe, of course, but it would fit.
Who knows. Maybe Nintendo is letting them realize their original dream and we'll finally get the entire series as intended just with a new name.

creid

Am I the only one that doesn't think this list is that far fetched? The fakest looking ones:

• Xenogears: Origins - They have been using something awfully close to Xenogears' red X logo, and they did bring back Xenogears' character designer for this game. As far as we know SE owns the name Xenogears, but isn't this what people were saying about Bayonetta before 2 was announced? SE and Nintendo are on good terms, I don't think it's unbelievable that they'd work something out.
  • Playable Wii U Zelda - It does seem very early for this, but with the state of Wii U hardware sales, I could see Nintendo fast-tracking this for a boost.
  • SotN2 - it doesn't look like there's going to be any more Lords of Shadow, so I think this is the natural consequence of flagging interest in Castlevania.
  • Pokken Fighters - I'd be surprised if they stuck with this title in NA, but after Masuda's teasing last year I wouldn't be surprised if this is ready to show by now.
  • Gears 4 - it's ridiculously early for this, but it's not inconceivable for them to have a vertical slice by now.
The rest of the list is either already confirmed or likely.

Some Nobody

Forgive me if this has been posted and discredited, but I didn't see it anywhere and need a confirmation that this is bullshit.

983677_10202253228193842_4476367225482358857_n.jpg

List is fake, but man I'd kill for a SotN2. But on Wii U. Nintendo should fund that.

Volotaire

So any legit leaks happen as far as we can tell?

No, and don't expect anytime soon

Usually, the most credible and correct rumours/claims have appeared in the weekend or week before Nintnedo's E3 i.e.

-DKCR E3 2010 IGN
-Goldeneye E3 2010 (although this was third party)
-The sneaky hints of the Nintendo press badges and lanyards with the 4 playable Super Mario 3D World characters and Donkey/Diddy Kong (the 3D World was also hinted at the 'come play with us poster when the first E3 Direct was revealed')

I think this year we might get leaks of these NFC figurines, just because hardware has usually been the most leaked Nintendo details from E3, and this NFC/NFP platform is a form of a new cross-strategy.

Even then, we have had plenty of wrong/misinformed claims form journalists i.e. claims of Retro working on a new IP/franchise last year. It also helps that Nintendo usually inform some journalist outlets on the weekend or just before E3 of the games/console. Geoff keighley and I think another website were shown the Wii U, IGN Nintendo knew of the games on the weekend before E3 last year.

georly

No, and don't expect anytime soon

Usually, the most credible and correct rumpours have appeared in the weekend or week before Nintnedo's E3 i.e.

-DKCR E3 2010 IGN
-Goldeneye E3 2010 (although this was third party)
-The sneaky hints of the Nintendo press badges and lanyards with the 4 playable Super Mario 3D World characters and Donkey/Diddy Kong (the 3D World was also hinted at the 'come play with us poster when the first E3 Direct was revealed')

I think this year we might get leaks of these NFC figurines, just beacuse hardware has usually been the most leaked Nintendo details from E3, and this NFC/NFP platform is a form of a new cross-strategy.

I recall SOME leaks, but they're literally like, the DAY BEFORE E3, and it's from people setting up E3 taking some pictures they shouldn't be. Skyward sword's CG trailer was described in detail, NSMB Wii was leaked, also.

rokero

Am I the only one that doesn't think this list is that far fetched? The fakest looking ones:

[*]SotN2 - it doesn't look like there's going to be any more Lords of Shadow, so I think this is the natural consequence of flagging interest in Castlevania.
Mirror of fate bombed and Igarashi left konami recently... I don't think you'll see a portable Castlevania anytime soon

Volotaire

I recall SOME leaks, but they're literally like, the DAY BEFORE E3, and it's from people setting up E3 taking some pictures they shouldn't be. Skyward sword's CG trailer was described in detail, NSMB Wii was leaked, also.

Yeh and I think the Zelda orchestra in E3 2011 was kind of leaked as well IIRC.

Some Nobody

• Xenogears: Origins - They have been using something awfully close to Xenogears' red X logo, and they did bring back Xenogears' character designer for this game. As far as we know SE owns the name Xenogears, but isn't this what people were saying about Bayonetta before 2 was announced? SE and Nintendo are on good terms, I don't think it's unbelievable that they'd work something out.
  • Playable Wii U Zelda - It does seem very early for this, but with the state of Wii U hardware sales, I could see Nintendo fast-tracking this for a boost.
  • SotN2 - it doesn't look like there's going to be any more Lords of Shadow, so I think this is the natural consequence of flagging interest in Castlevania.
  • Pokken Fighters - I'd be surprised if they stuck with this title in NA, but after Masuda's teasing last year I wouldn't be surprised if this is ready to show by now.
  • Gears 4 - it's ridiculously early for this, but it's not inconceivable for them to have a vertical slice by now.

The list isn't that farfetched. Only things on it that are fake is Gears playable and SotN2. Well, that and Watch_Dogs, which will have come out by then and won't make an appearance.

The real problem is that the list doesn't go far enough. Nintendo's list (names aside) is pretty much just what we expect with like, one surprise. Sony's list is so underwhelming it's embarassing. It reads as someone who composed a list made up of entirely sure things and just assumed they'd be believable based on that, but there's guaranteed to be at least 1-2 surprises from each developer.

wrowa

How convenient thats its all bundled on one sheet of paper.

How convenient that the people running E3 apparently know everything that will be shown in detail. Even the press conferences, which aren't even part of E3 proper.

Lunar15

The two weirdest things on that list, which is otherwise pretty beliveable, are Symphony of the Night 2 and Xenogears Origins. I mean... really?

Also, the idea that someone would just have a document with everyone's announcements and schedules on it is absolutely ridiculous. They do their conferences on their own, separately.

When you put it this way about castlevania, i actually can see being more likely.

i never actually stopped to think of where they would go with castelvania now that the lords of shadow arc is over... bringing back SotN would be amazing especially if they use this opportunity to bring SotN to the wii U.

i wouldnt mind buying it for a 5th time :p

Volotaire

The Legend of Zelda: Tutorials of the Damned.

Haha thanks for that.

So..

Any fun predictions as to what the subtitle for the next Zelda game will be?

Not a fun prediction haha but just some speculation.

If we look at the past, the subtitle has always been related to the key item or concept of the game. This game, in my opinion, will follow/be in the child timeline since we've had games in the fallen timeline, adult timeline and united timeline recently. Given how close ALBW followed ALTTP, and the demand for MM with fans, I think it maybe a sequel to the Hero of Time games, something that relates to the concepts of MM or could be something entirely different. So I think it could be something about a forest, just due to the nature of Zelda wanting to change the conventions and the trend of more explorable/non-linear games. Forests in games usually correlate with explorable lands. Then again, we could get a 3D multiplayer Zelda game a la Four Swords. It could be related to Gamepad use like the hint in Skyward Sword, so something to do with scriptures? Again , the gamepad could aid exploring lands with the bottle system in WW they developed along with other systems.

It will definitely be related to thew key item of the game, I can count on that. And that, I think I can be sure of given past interviews, will use the gamepad in an unique way.

emb

How convenient that the people running E3 apparently know everything that will be shown in detail. Even the press conferences, which aren't even part of E3 proper.
I always thought it was kind of amusing that the only exciting parts of E3 (for those of us not attending) aren't actually directly a part of E3.

rokero

The Legend of Zelda: Tutorials of the Damned.
I really hope this time they keep tutorials to a minimum in fact having the option to skip them all together would be wonderful also no partner and bring back the ocarina as the instrument(spirit tracks flute is also welcomed but without blowing on mic gimmick)

Some Nobody

Watch_Dogs could always have some (Sony exclusive, or not) DLC.

Too soon. Any major (story) DLC would be saved for something like Gamescom, more than just a few days after the game's release.

It's crazy how much people give that low effort fake leak list attention. Sure is pre-E3 season :>

Most of us think it's fake; what's the problem? There's nothing else to talk about. Then again, I'm not terribly impressed by thousands of gifs so it could just be me?

When you put it this way about castlevania, i actually can see being more likely.

i never actually stopped to think of where they would go with castelvania now that the lords of shadow arc is over... bringing back SotN would be amazing especially if they use this opportunity to bring SotN to the wii U.

i wouldnt mind buying it for a 5th time :p

Oh yeah, Lords of Shadow is totally done so it does beg the question where does Konami go next with the franchise. Do they attempt to go back to the original Castlevania timeline and continue that on consoles/downgrade back to portables? Or do they Mega Man it (this is unlikely).

The only reason SotN2 is unlikely for E3 is that they just released a game, so they'd probably wait until next year.

Sendou

Most of us think it's fake; what's the problem? There's nothing else to talk about. Then again, I'm not terribly impressed by thousands of gifs so it could just be me?

Oh come on. I never indicated it was a problem. More of a general remark about the excitement over E3, you know?

BM8

Neo Member
I hope the next Zelda is one long tutorial and that Link's sidekick literally holds his hand.

(While holding hands)

"Link, look, this is an item chest. These contain many useful items that will aid you through this tutorial. Do you see that key hole?*Link nods* You guessed it, now lets go find the key!"

(Link and the helper skip along, while holding hands, whistling)

georly

things like this get me so hype ... just a matter of weeks now

Me too! E3 hype is often better than E3 itself. Last year's E3 was pretty darn good, though.

I love smash bros hype (comes but twice a decade!) and I love E3 Hype (once a year). I love reading all the fake 'leaks' and then trying to find the real ones close to E3. I like to go back and compare the fakes to what was actually revealed.

Not once ever, since i've been reading the 'leaks' has one of those big 'blowout' leaks been real. Ever.

The only things that are real are the one-off comments, like the DKC:Returns leak from ign, the Udraw leak (lame, but real), and of course, pictures of e3 showfloor like the ones i posted below. If it's not coming from the press and it's not coming from a picture, it's almost always fake, but i still LOVE to read all of it.

oatmeal

Banned
If anyone has any more like that, especially nintendo related, let me know!

Yeah definitely.

One thread I've always wanted was the Japanese Majora's Mask release thread...I have a lot of memories from it for some reason, but I don't think it exists anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom