• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2019| Viewing and Discussion Thread| June 11, 2019. 12 PM EST

Welcome NeoGAF to the Nintendo E3 2019 Viewing and Discussion Thread

30pu5w.gif

Did you expect a Nintendo related GIF? Well Wii decided to Switch things up

1559781038-treehouse.png

t1560268800z4.png

Where to Watch

What to expect

Super Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon Sword and Shield will undoubtedly be the biggest focus on Nintendo's traditionally massive E3 stand. It is hoped that Nintendo will detail more on Animal Crossing coming to Switch, plus the remaster of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Super Mario Maker 2 are probably gonna be presented with more detail.
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 is also gonna be shown and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate & Splatoon 2 also seems like a safe bet, considering that Nintendo has tournaments planned for both last titles at E3.
We probably won't see the recently rebooted Metroid Prime 4, but E3 is gonna be a great time for Nintendo fans.

Special Thanks to KyoZz KyoZz
Most of what is used is provide from this thread HERE!!!

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Expecting to see more of pokemon, at least in terms of battle and world. It will release this year after all.

sublimit

Banned
After SE's solid show Nintendo's event has a good chance to end this otherwise mostly boring E3 nicely.
Bayonetta 3 is what i'm looking forward to see the most. Something Monolith Soft related would also be great of course but something tells me it's unlikely.

mcjmetroid

Right predictions time:

1: I don't think Banjo will be the smash character. I'm leaning towards something big that they will announce at the very beginning of the presentation. I can barely guess but I'm going to throw out Steve from Minecraft. Nintendo have spoken about Minecraft one or twice before and this would be a good get for them. Not to mention that I feel like the new character has to be something the Japanese know about. How big is Banjo in Japan?
2: I'm going to say Pikmin 4 as their closing/ suprise game. It should have an artyle quite similiar to Yoshi's crafted world. Knowing Nintendo the game has taken so long because they're trying out new engines. I would say it's gone on Unreal this time.
3: I think Microsoft will have some presence. I doubt MS would make a deal with Sony and leave Nintendo out of it. XCloud is my guess with the possibility of Gamepass
4: A small snippet of Pokemon with perhaps a bit more information on Online
5: Snes online to be added later on in the year
6: A video of Animal Crossing
7: A video of Luigi's mansion
8: A video of Hollow Knight 2
9: A short video on Link's awakening
10: 1 suprise Platinum game.

Fushitsusha

Banned
First time in a while I don't feel like there will be any surprises. Just the same old Ninty's been showing the latest directs. Like last year when 90% of the focus was on Smash, so boring.

A new F-Zero, Pikmin 4, Metroid Prime 4 footage would be exciting, ya know?

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I’m here for Metroid Prime 4, Metroid Trilogy, Pikmin 4, a new Mario title, new Zelda title, and you know what......

...I’m getting them all. True story.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I’m a simple man, I just want an announcement and a release date of the worst kept industry secret: Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Switch.

Doczu

Excuse me... This is GAF. You need to Believe

giphy.gif
Sorry, my hype bone has been removed after years and years of suffering from cancerous undelivered hype 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shit, the last time i was hyped as hell is when Nintendo shown the teaser of Breath of the Wild...

Sorry, my hype bone has been removed after years and years of suffering from cancerous undelivered hype 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shit, the last time i was hyped as hell is when Nintendo shown the teaser of Breath of the Wild...
Overall E3 has chocked out everyones hype.

Andyliini

Just three more hours, and I can't wait. The 2nd half of 2019 is packed with content, so give me everything you've got. I believe in N!

I only have my hype up for Animal Crossing any decent info on AC and I'll be happy for the day and if Treehouse plays it for a few hours even better

I've given up on Bayonetta 3

whatever secrets Nintendo is protecting would be a bonus

SHIN
MEGAMI
TENSEI
V

GAMEPLAY AND RELEASE DATE
NINTENDO PLS

Aside from that must have for me, I'm good with Zelda Remake, Luigi's Mansion 3, Bayonetta 3, Astral Chain, Metroid Trilogy, and hopefully Daemon x Machina actually looks good (demo sucked). I've never cared for Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem, but I'm happy for people who do. I'm sure they will be shown off.

Rran

The rest of the year is pretty beefy when you look at the big picture. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing are all really big series, and while they have some caveats (Mario is Mario Maker, Zelda is a remake), they're still fairly big titles. Add in Luigi's Mansion and a couple good third-parties like Dragon Quest XI and Doom Eternal (and assuming Animal Crossing doesn't get pushed back) and they could almost get away with not showing a new big game for this year.

That said, I do want to see a new game. And my boy Erdrick in Smash (Banjo would be good too).

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Hoping for some more shmups. Every other E3 showing has disappointed me thus far in this department.

I’m actually hoping for a new Mario golf here. It’s been awhile since the 3ds one and switch would be beyond perfect for a sequel. Please Nintendo!
Heck yeah! Mario Golf 3DS is one of my most-played sports games.

Zannegan

Wish I could stay up for this, but I have to teach tomorrow (Tokyo time makes catching anything at E3 "live" a massive pain). Plus, I promised I'd catch a replay with my coworker over lunch... assuming he doesn't break first and watch it without me. Lol.

Anyway, have fun y'all.

Top Bottom