• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2019| Viewing and Discussion Thread| June 11, 2019. 12 PM EST

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Dear Nintendo, no Shin Megami Tensei 4? Ok, screw yourself.
That’s mostly on Atlus, they are will ultimately decide when they are going to show it. My guess is either TGS or their own stream.

Last edited:

wzy

Collection of Mana is out now on the store page and it lists as 1-3 players :D. It's not the remake but it would be awesome to couch coop English Seiken Densetsu 3

Doczu

I’m here for Metroid Prime 4, Metroid Trilogy
Excuse me... This is GAF. You need to Believe

giphy.gif
So, about that Metroid Prime...

Jigsaah

Gold Member
It's only money, after all.
I was really hoping for a Switch mini before I bought into Nintendo again. Maybe the price will come down or I can get it on a sale. I just can't justify spending 300 dollars right now...though I'm really frickin tempted right now.

Ogbert

So, my guess on BoTW 2 was that we saw a legit dungeon. Perhaps the powers of the Sheikh slate do not work beneath the surface, which would allow them to design far more traditional dungeons.

As for the overworld, it’s already there for them. A few tweaks, new areas, new enemies etc.

tr1p1ex

was ok. knew what was coming. A lot (Most?) stuff shown last e3 or past directs.

at the end of the day I realize i"m buying Fire Emblem, LInk's awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3 and POkemon for my kid plus MM2 in a few weeks. That's a lot of Nintendo games in ~6 months.

Not too interested in the other stuff.

The e3 show was kind of anti-climatic I guess. The ZElda teaser surprise was nice, but I mean it's ~2 years out at the earliest if my Nintendo math is correct.

Last edited:

Rodolink

Super excited for Links Awakening coming earlier than I expected!

Does anyone noticed the music on the Fire Emblem section sounded very similar to a song from Sabaton?

Who would've imagined, everything's possible xD the Witcher 3 on Switch

I hope they drop the weapon degradation on BOTW sequel :S

Daemon x Machina and Astral Chain still look glorious!

Travis is back hell f yeah!

Panzer Dragoon! At last I'll be able to play it!

Animal Crossing me and wife will lose our lives there, god damn

Banjooooooooooo!!!!!! I lost it there!!!
Damn Microsoft or Rare or whoever, missing the opportunity there with Banjo Threeie.

Great direct imo

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
They just straight killed it IMO. I'd been very underwhelmed by this E3 and underwhelmed by my Switch post 2017, but now there's more Switch games that I'm excited about than games I'm stoked for on the other platforms.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Holly shit!!! Threehouse showed off both Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina and both look so damn good, especially Astral Chain.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Writing this as I watch the Direct belatedly and stuff come up.

Luigi's Mansion's always neat.

Dark Crystal Tactics seemed ok.

Link's Awakening Remake is super cute.

Trials of Mana Remake looks pretty damn cool (yay PC too) and neat to get the original for the first time outside Japan too.

The Witcher III is OMGWTFBBQ for Switch even if it looks/runs horribly in the end.

Fire Emblem Three Houses looks pretty great.

Resident Evil ports again are whatever.

No More Heroes 3 is HYPE, hopefully the game resembles the video, or tops it.

Contra looked alright, it could be fun.

The Daemon X Machina trailer made it look cool again after the old demo was a tad disappointing so hopefully it will deliver.

Panzer Dragoon Remake, what the fuck man? I hope SEGA doesn't fuck that up giving it to some middling studio. The graphics were nice enough but I can't tell from that alone. They better do Zwei too! Fuck! Unexpected! I wanna get hyped. I imagine this has no reason to only be for Switch much like Mana.

Pokemon is great, I already said how the world seems beautiful and Xenoblade-like in its vistas after the last Direct. Neat to give a demo.

Astral Chain looks better than ever in that footage showing more varied areas and stuff and Platinum always deliver.

No clue what to think of Romero's Empire of Sin, hopefully it's cool.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 looks pretty damn fun as always. Definitely topped the other systems' Avengers game for hype (for now).

Cadence of Hyrule is funny.

Mario & Sonic Olympics game is whatever to me, I haven't played such games since Decathlete/Winter Heat on Saturn, but nice graphics.

Animal Crossing looks pretty awesome!

The highlight reel after that point was pretty decent, lots of good games, but yeah, all multiplatform. Still cool to get the likes of Doom and shit on Switch. Alien Isolation too! Lots of good stuff in there. And meh stuff like Dauntless, heh. Mario Maker 2 is obviously cool.

Lmao @ Banjo Kazooie, more Smash is always good!

Wow! new Zelda! It seems way darker than BOTW despite the same art style (and assets?). Maybe it's to BOTW what Majora's Mask was to OoT!

Well, that wrapped it up.

As far as E3 events go this was pretty good to me. Maybe the best this E3 (other than liking Microsoft's for having so much PC stuff and the VR stuff).

Nice to have Treehouse showcase more of some of these games. I caught some of their Astral Chain gameplay. Man, go Platinum!

I wonder when we'll see Monolith's next game.

Last edited:

Alexios

Man they better not fuck up Panzer Dragoon. Make it good enough to get to do well and they get to do Zwei and make that even better and then, you know.

Graphics look alright, gameplay who knows, and if they can make it quite as a tight of an arcade style experience as it was intended. Please do it right.

The sound effects are meh, I hope that's WIP. And I guess it does look a bit more cartoony and a bit more generic in art style. Clearly low budget.

It would have been cool if they got to do Zwei first as it's a prequel, then expand on the original with the same amount of story and features.

I guess it's better they get to grips with the simpler first game and prove themselves first but if this is shit PD may never return.

Man they better not fuck up Panzer Dragoon. Make it good enough to get to do well and they get to do Zwei and make that even better and then, you know.

Graphics look alright, gameplay who knows, and if they can make it quite as a tight of an arcade style experience as it was intended. Please do it right.

The sound effects are meh, I hope that's WIP. And I guess it does look a bit more cartoony and a bit more generic in art style. Clearly low budget.

It would have been cool if they got to do Zwei first as it's a prequel, then expand on the original with the same amount of story and features.

I guess it's better they get to grips with the simpler first game and prove themselves first but if this is shit PD may never return.

Is smilebit or SEGA directly developing it at all or is it being outsourced? I'm getting the impression that it's outsourced.

Alexios

Is smilebit or SEGA directly developing it at all or is it being outsourced? I'm getting the impression that it's outsourced.
Barely any SEGA involvement it seems, yeah. I mean I almost thought they bought it off SEGA for peanuts but then noticed the SEGA logo in tiny letters at the bottom of the last trailer screen.

Look at how this probably equally low budget and even more low-poly and low-fi game looks so much more alive. Why couldn't they do it like this? Look at that thing's wings animate!
I don't see that kind of artistic vision from these guys, very by the numbers, hopefully it will be solid enough but Panzer Dragoon deserves better.

Last edited:

Meesh

How is it possible Nintendo just had the best E3 since... like, ever. They stole the show!!!! Everuthing in the direct I wanted. I'll probably buy most of it! Couldn't be happier.

RPGCrazied

I preordered Fire Emblem, Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI S just from watching the direct today. Should keep me busy until FF7R next year.

Meesh

Who saw Panzer Dragoon coming? Who? What's next? Shenmue 6??? What other mythological announcements and games could be coming this year? Nothing surprises me anymore Nintendo, nothing lol

Metroid Prime 4 will no doubt have its own direct soon I hope.

Psydonk

The look of Luigi's mansion really pranged my Nostalgia bone for some reason, I didn't even play the old Luigi Mansion games on Gamecube and 3DS but there is something crazy nostalgic about the pure aesthetic of that game. Astral Chain is a game I completely forgot about and looks awesome, kind of like Bayonetta mashed with Jojo. NMH3 Hell yeah, Trials of Mana is the game I'm looking forward to the most from E3, Seiken Densetsu 3 is one of the all time greatest RPG's and I'm assuming this new Zelda is the Monolithsoft developed one that was rumoured from a few months back right?

Andyliini

I just noticed that Astral Chain. Daemon X Machina, Link's Awakening and Dragon Quest XI for Swit h all come out within a month. I certainly have games to play, thats for sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom