• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2019| Viewing and Discussion Thread| June 11, 2019. 12 PM EST

Saruhashi

Banned
I think Nintendo has the best template for E3 the past few years to be honest.

I was grateful for the only 40 minute presentation. Microsoft's 2 hours is just too much.

Then cutting to the Treehouse Live stuff afterwards and letting you see some gameplay and some basic chat with the developers is nice too.

I dunno what they could even do to "blow my mind" but there was enough shown here for me to have a few games to look forward to down the road.

The Witcher 3 reveal was a perfect time for show some new system.
Lol, so many rumors and nothing about the new models showed up. Everyone playing new tech closer to hand

BOTW sqeeeuellllll! Faints!

You should've seen our office! Banjo Smash and the BOTW2 reveal had grown men squealing. Somebody might've thought people were in pain or something lol

Last edited:
I have lost so much respect for Game Freak as a developer yesterday

after watching some of the treehouse gameplay some of the little details you would see in every other Nintendo Developer's games things you take for granted is just not part of Game Freak's skill set.

something as simple as 2 characters meeting each other in an open field. They both stand there to trade and communicate by staring emotionless and blank faced never even turning their heads to notice each other just stand like blind zombies that can't tell someone else is near and they should at least look at each other if not show some emotion

meeting Gloria

time 14:30

Last edited:

ultrazilla

Random morning thoughts on Nintendo/their E3 direct while sipping my morning coffee:

-Well obviously Metroid Prime Trilogy was a big no show. Metroid 4 is obviously way too early in production to even show a glimpse of.

-Surprised they didn't announce the Switch Mini. I thought we'd get at least an announcement of 1 new system sku.

-The Zelda game is farther along in development I think then Nintendo wants us to believe. I wouldn't be surprised to see it as Nintendo's major
fall 2020 release.

-Still bummed that Nintendo IPs like F-Zero, Pilotwings and Wave Race continue to be seemingly forgotten by Nintendo.

-Really wouldn't have minded to see a Starfox Zero Switch port that addresses some of the control issues from the Wii U version.

-Don't hurt me but I'm not really into the Super Mario Maker games so part 2 doesn't do much for me. I'm looking forward to a new
3D/open world Super Mario game either in Super Mario Odyssey 2 or Super Mario Galaxy 3(with the announcement that 1 and 2 will be coming remastered).

-Speaking of Super Mario Odyssey-where's the DLC for new areas/worlds? Challenges? I thought Nintendo said they would be embracing DLC to add to their game's
longevity?!

-So much for those "Xbox and Nintendo" Game pass rumors eh? Unless of course, Nintendo has decided to hold back on that announcement until their
"Switch Pro" model is ready.

-Super Lucky's Tale is the best 3D Mario like game you probably haven't played. Awesome to see Microsoft and Nintendo getting along like this.
Same with Minecraft Dungeons. IMO you can't beat Diablo like rpg/action/hack and slash with Minecraft graphics. Looks great and should run
relatively well on the Switch. Here's to hoping for 60fps.

-No Ori and the Willow of the Wisps for Switch announced but heavily rumored. Again, I suspect being held back for later.

-Contrary to belief, Rockstar and Take 2 don't like money. Where the hell is Grand Theft Auto V on the Nintendo Switch? Seriously!

-Doug Bowser did fine with his first "appearance" at the E3 show. You could tell he was a little nervous but I can see embracing him just like I did
with Reggie. He seems like a fun guy and he'll come into his own.

-Hardly any mention of the dumpster fire of their "online service". I really wish the rumors were true and they just let Microsoft handle it for them.

mcjmetroid

Also, Ni no Kuni for Switch comes out also in that same time frame. Then there's Oninaki, which releases one week before Astral Chain.
giphy.gif

buizel

Banned
This treehouse woman is going to give me an aneurism. The guy is saying you can pin tiles to Mario Maker at the top, then she interrupts him to tell him it'll be useful for when you want to save something and reuse it again "like a block". She repeats what he says back to him just in stupider form.

She just did it again when the guy said he likes how all the names of the tiles/enemies show up since some have weird names, and she interrupts him to tell him "it's really cool because you can see what your selecting visually"

Andyliini

Heh, the stream just died. The error screen is great, though.

Edit: Works again, the whole hall lost power for a while.

Last edited:
What's awesome is that after going through such a huge drought for much of 2018-2019.

We're getting a high profile Switch game every month (cept December unless I'm wrong) for 2nd half of 2019.

June: Mario Maker 2
July: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
August: Astral Chain
September: Link's Awakening, DQ XI
October/November?: Luigi's Mansion 3
November: Pokemon SS

That is a solid line up for the 2nd half of 2019 and arguably the most jam packed we've had with the Switch.

Andyliini

The final day of Nintendo Treehouse Live starts soon. Todai is labeled "indie day" so expect those kinds of games to be shown today. They will probably drop Cadence of Hyrule soon.

Shaqazooloo

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is looking really good and I like that Breath of the Wild approach where you can beat the game immediately if you're good enough and you have the option of completing levels to get more powerful.

Last edited:

cafevincent

Neo Member
Why no Mario Kart 9?? I don't understand how they can abandon one of their greatest sellers for so long. Then again, all I need is 200cc mirror for MK8 and four new cups.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
What's awesome is that after going through such a huge drought for much of 2018-2019.

We're getting a high profile Switch game every month (cept December unless I'm wrong) for 2nd half of 2019.

June: Mario Maker 2
July: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
August: Astral Chain
September: Link's Awakening, DQ XI
October/November?: Luigi's Mansion 3
November: Pokemon SS

That is a solid line up for the 2nd half of 2019 and arguably the most jam packed we've had with the Switch.
Don't you dare forget about Daemon X Machina.

Top Bottom