• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Booth going up- Go Cap Crazy!

EDarkness

I looked at all of the photos and I'm not sure how the leaker was right. We don't see the Mario statue anywhere and I don't see anything about "booths".

JonnyKong

We really have to keep in mind that this leaker is more than likely just jumping on the bandwagon of the Switch event leak being true in January.

"I'll look more credible if I say I've seen it on the show floor like that guy did in January" etc

Jubenhimer

Read my additional detail.

Okay, even if he wasn't sure there would be more, it does still imply he was given a general overview of what Nintendo would bring to the show. Remember, E3 planning doesn't just happen on the spot, design work and content shown are all likely decided way before the companies even get to LA.

"I'll look more credible if I say I've seen it on the show floor like that guy did in January" etc

At least that guy had the benefit of leaking it hours before the conference started, when everything actually WAS set up.

Remember, E3 planning doesn't just happen on the spot, design work and content shown are all likely decided way before the companies even get to LA.
He still framed it as if almost all the booths were set up already. There are none. He wasn't given a general overview he basically just made one himself.

MTC100

Banned
They will likely have a whole booth reserved just for Mario Odyssey. The question is, which one will it be, the immensely large one or the little smaller one:

022600963_targetfloorggyvf.png

*The smaller one is almost as big as the whole Stage MS has

They will likely have a whole booth reserved just for Mario Odyssey. The question is, which one will it be, the immensely large one or the little smaller one:

The left pink one is Nintendo's booth, the right pink one is the press area, and the yellow one on the right is their food court

MTC100

Banned
The left pink one is Nintendo's booth, the right pink one is the press area, and the yellow one on the right is their food court

Oh, okay, lol their press area is almost as large as Microsofts booth then. Well I guess it's easy to tell then, Mario will be half the booth with ARMS and Splatton getting 1/4 and 1/4 will be "the rest". Or maybe ARMS and Splatoon will get half of the booth and Mario Odyssey only 1/4, seeing as they have that invitational going...

faint.

On the topic of leaks, I will never forget the Switch reveal 4chan leak when ARMS was officially shown and we just kind of watched in... disappoint (keep in mind we had very different expectations at this time).

lt519

Someone send one of those people an email: "When can we hang up the S&P 3 banner?"

On the topic of leaks, I will never forget the Switch reveal 4chan leak when ARMS was officially shown and we just kind of watched in... disappoint (keep in mind we had very different expectations at this time).

Maybe you did, but I'm guessing it was mostly because they spent a lot of time on explaining the mechanics a bit.

jmizzal

If that leak is true. No Metroid is the disappointment that never fails to deliver. Everything else seems cool though! Gonna be a fun year and beyond with the Switch.

Even if the link is true, Metroid or anything else not playable at E3 would prob only get a teaser and would not be in a both. The leaker didnt say he saw the Spotlight video

faint.

Maybe you did, but I'm guessing it was mostly because they spent a lot of time on explaining the mechanics a bit.

Na, I'm referring to the fact that nobody believed the leak for a second. It was added as a poll as a joke because we were so convinced that the Emily Rogers of the world had it all figured out. But then it happened.

Soroc

I also missed it and would be fine with that. They are supposedly focusing on 2017 and really they arleady have a packed lineup in in the second half compared to the last several years.

I think people may be a little overhyped expecting new announcements at e3. I think the traditional January Direct will have those types of announcements and for that reason could be more interesting since we don't know a lot about 2018 games.

Yeah I've completely set my expectations for less than what was in that leak honestly with only the small glimmer of hope that they would tease a Q1 game (hoping Metroid myself)

Wii built this city
We built this city on Donkey Kong
Built Donk City
We built this city on Donkey Kong

Say you don't know it's a me, or recognize my 'stache
Say you don't care who goes, to that kind a place

Knee deep in the Koopa, troopers that you fight
Too many piranha-plants, eating up the night

Bowser steals the maiden, listen to the wedding bells
Don't you remember
We built Donk City on Donkey Kong

CronoShot

The 4chan leak is both disappointing (nothing really new aside from S&P and Pilotwings+WaveRace) and weird (of all the Wii U games to port: Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Really?) enough to be true to me.

That's not to say major announcements couldn't happen in the Direct, they just wouldn't be playable.

AR15mex

The 4chan leak is both disappointing (nothing really new aside from S&P and Pilotwings+WaveRace) and weird (of all the Wii U games to port: Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Really?) enough to be true to me.

That's not to say major announcements couldn't happen in the Direct, they just wouldn't be playable.

I Still believe that the best show award will be between them and sony!

SpokkX

Hmm im actually inclined to believe the leak

It said Donk City theme, not Mario Odyssey theme... and it seems to be Donk City

Anyone would have guessed Odyssey themed.. but Donk City theme? No that is too specific

So basically a new wave race!!

I really do hope a new metroid is shown in trailer form

Neiteio

Really like the theme this year. I wonder if the New Donkey City set-dressing will enclose the entire Nintendo section, or just the portion with Odyssey.

PSqueak

Banned
Yeah. There's no way in hell there's a new Sin&Punishment developed by Platinum

To be fair the leak says "looks like" not that i was made by platinum, at least i read it as in "something that could have been made by platinum" or "Platinum styled".

Even if the link is true, Metroid or anything else not playable at E3 would prob only get a teaser and would not be in a both. The leaker didnt say he saw the Spotlight video

You have a point. I'm just trying to not set myself up. Being a huge long time fan of the series, and seeing neglected this much kinda sucks.

I hope the leak is true. I know it's supposed to be disappointing, but I'd take TMS and especially S&P3 over Smash, Pokemon Stars, and Metroid because the latter are certainly coming to Switch at some point anyways. The window of opportunity for TMS closes soon (in that I don't expect Wii U ports in 2018 and beyond, especially of such a niche game), and S&P returning would be nothing short of miraculous.

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
I hope the leak is true. I know it's supposed to be disappointing, but I'd take TMS and especially S&P3 over Smash, Pokemon Stars, and Metroid because the latter are certainly coming to Switch at some point anyways. The window of opportunity for TMS closes soon (in that I don't expect Wii U ports in 2018 and beyond, especially of such a niche game), and S&P returning would be nothing short of miraculous.
What are these acronyms?

MrMephistoX

The Zelda Booth Last year was easily the best on the show floor...I have to imagine part of the reason they don't do a stage show anymore is so they have more budget to spend on lavish booth design they can re-use.

Galang

Banned
Nintendo will steal E3 for me if there is actually a third sequel to Sin and Punishment. That's fucking insane.

The sad part is most people would completely ignore the game and still say the presentation was underwhelming... but a third S&P game would easily become my most anticipated title and steal E3 for me too. Especially if it was by platinum.. no way I can believe such a rumour

Just got in here but is the main reason we're talking about that 4chan thing because they called the booth being New Donk City themed? That's a pretty easy call.

Just got in here but is the main reason we're talking about that 4chan thing because they called the booth being New Donk City themed? That's a pretty easy call.
This, v has had correct leaks before but I would need a lot more to believe that rumor...

I really want Sin and Punishment 3 tho...

bluehat9

On the one hand, I want a Mario LE like they did for Zelda. On the other, I know i'll miss the 10 minute window when its available so I don't want one. :(

If the leak had said "Mario Odyssey" themed I wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow. But it states "New Donk City" themed. That is quite a bit more on the nose. Not completely convincing but interest piquing.

atr0cious

If the leak had said "Mario Odyssey" themed I wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow. But it states "New Donk City" themed. That is quite a bit more on the nose. Not completely convincing but interest piquing.
Liars will always use real details to cover their falsehood​s. Remember that right after it's showing, the big belief was that donk City was a hub for the rest of the game, so if Mario was the center piece, the hub theme would make logical sense for e3.

Top Bottom