• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Booth going up- Go Cap Crazy!

Liars will always use real details to cover their falsehood​s. Remember that right after it's showing, the big belief was that donk City was a hub for the rest of the game, so if Mario was the center piece, the hub theme would make logical sense for e3.

It's still not a given. There's no reason the theme couldn't have been a variety of Odyssey's worlds. To focus on one area is not completely intuitive.

It's still not a given. There's no reason the theme couldn't have been a variety of Odyssey's worlds. To focus on one area is not completely intuitive.
If they were going for a big immersive booth, sticking to one location makes sense, and New Donk City got by far the most time and attention back in January. I'd honestly have been surprised if they themed the booth any differently.

jnWake

I wish all the booth helpers are dressed in boring gray suits and hats just like in the SMO trailer.

Also, jumping the rope competitions will be hype.

Takat

The big question is if S&P is coming out this year, if they are basically showing playable games for 2017... That's a great nod to the "hardcore".

boiled goose

good with gravy
The big question is if S&P is coming out this year, if they are basically showing playable games for 2017... That's a great nod to the "hardcore".

SP doesn't satisfy the AAA adventure thirst that metroid would. It's ultimately still a pretty casual and arcadey experience.

It's a nod to noone.

atr0cious

This "leak" is out after Nintendo has already said they'd be focusing on Odyssey for the holidays, so much so, it's the only named game they talk about. So why would they build e3 around something else?

SP doesn't satisfy the AAA adventure thirst that metroid would. It's ultimately still a pretty casual and arcadey experience.

It's a nod to noone.

Defining an Arcadey experience as casual is something nonsensical. S&P2 was straight up the best railshooter of last gen (which had a bunch of great rail shooters) if not one of the greatest railshooters ever made. It was also harder than ever metroid game ever made.

It's no adventure substitute of course, but it's still a damn fine game and we should praise damn fine games getting made.

This "leak" is out after Nintendo has already said they'd be focusing on Odyssey for the holidays, so much so, it's the only named game they talk about. So why would they build e3 around something else?

I'm not saying it's not obvious MO would be the focus and the theme of the booth. It's just a little less obvious that the theme would be new donk city. Even if it's speculated that it's the main hub of the game it would be like a SM64 theme being focused on Peach's castle.

It does make me a little skeptical that an apparent British person is working at LACC setting up the booth with the spelling of localized though...
Monster Hunter XX port is coming. I know it's been announced in Japan but this is the localised version. 3ds and switch versions will both be playable.

It does make me a little skeptical that an apparent British person is working at LACC setting up the booth with the spelling of localized though...

He also said desu in one of his sentences.

Also New Donk City isn't an obscure guess precisely because the city portion with the normal looking humans was the thing EVERYONE was talking about. It's why everyone was calling it Mario Adventure or Grand Theft Mario.

bman94

I wonder if this is Nintendo's focus for E3 in the future.

1 AAA game to be prominently featured at the actual E3 Event.
+
Direct quickly showing off everything else.
+
Treehouse goinf in depth to previously mentioned games.

Mark1

I wonder if this is Nintendo's focus for E3 in the future.

1 AAA game to be prominently featured at the actual E3 Event.
+
Direct quickly showing off everything else.
+
Treehouse goinf in depth to previously mentioned games.
Something along the lines of this or the Arms/Splatoon direct. That's how I predict it'll turn out.

No the rumor is false because the guy said the booth was almost done when it clearly isn't. Even another guy on 4chan said that specific gaming stuff doesn't go up until way later to avoid leaks.

Jubenhimer

No the rumor is false because the guy said the booth was almost done when it clearly isn't. Even another guy on 4chan said that specific gaming stuff doesn't go up until way later to avoid leaks.

To be fair, he didn't say the booth itself was done, in fact, he said not everything was set up. He just said, he was done. So he could've meant that he was done for the day, and would continue working on it in the following days leading up to Tuesday. The Pics could've also been taken the day before, and are only now being leaked by someone else as well.

Plus, planning and design work for E3 booths are done well in advance, so it's also likely he had access to the floor plans and documents of which games go where. Look, nothing is set in stone, this is 4chan we're talking about, but there there does seem to be some weight behind it.

qko

So weird how Nintendo can get E3 booths looking so great in a matter of days, yet the Universal Studios Super Nintendo World thing looked so cheap

Any possibility there is a Zelda maker a kin to "Mario Maker" in the mix? Or y'all think it's more successful for a platformer than adventure style of play?

While I haven't played it, Mario Maker apparently has some kind of "you have to beat the level yourself before you can share it" right? If they did that with a Zelda maker it would take forever. Mario levels are relatively quick, 1-5 minute things, RPGs are hours and hours longer.

I could be wrong though! It's Nintendo, maybe they'll figure out a way to make it work.

To be fair, he didn't say the booth itself was done, in fact, he said not everything was set up. He just said, he was done. So he could've meant that he was done for the day, and would continue working on it in the following days leading up to Tuesday. The Pics could've also been taken the day before, and are only now being leaked by someone else as well.

Plus, planning and design work for E3 booths are done well in advance, so it's also likely he had access to the floor plans and documents of which games go where. Look, nothing is set in stone, this is 4chan we're talking about, but there there does seem to be some weight behind it.

He said not everything was set up but almost everything was done. Clearly thats not the case.

While I haven't played it, Mario Maker apparently has some kind of "you have to beat the level yourself before you can share it" right? If they did that with a Zelda maker it would take forever. Mario levels are relatively quick, 1-5 minute things, RPGs are hours and hours longer.

I could be wrong though! It's Nintendo, maybe they'll figure out a way to make it work.
I was recently thinking about how a Zelda Maker would work. What if they'd restrict themselves to Zelda II dungeons? Then things will be quite similar to Mario Maker.

Top Bottom