• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Direct 6/15 (40 minutes)

Yeah... nintendo has the most die hard fans of all ... you guys should be proud to keep Nintendo going this long doing so little.... its like crack addicts that in the most desperate times you trow a very little stone and they go batshit crazy until the next one, god knows when .... I have a switch played 1 meh 3d mario , didnt like botw ... andddd.. thats it... no Dk, no new Ips.. just Hd ports of old games and no 3d party since i play those on ps4/ps5.
What should we do? Fly over to Kyoto and throw a hissy fit in front of their offices?

I'll never understand why people get so worked up over people choosing to buy stuff and not moaning 24/7 because there's not an announcement of Bayonetta or whatever.

People take this console war stuff far too seriously.

StormCell

I honestly hate that Nintendo took some lessons from "the Sony book" and started to make these stupid premature announcements, especially this gen. Why the F they had to talk about SMTV in Jan 2017? Why bother to talk about Metroid Prime or Bayonetta - "just so you now that we are STARTING to work on the game" - come on...
It creates this ongoing feeling of a noticeable disappointment, people have extremely high expectations etc. Can you imagine if they suddenly dropped a playable demo of Bayo 3 or Metroid Prime 4 during the show, without mentioning it earlier - that would be MASSIVE!
I prefer to be positively surprised, this gets me hyped and I know that I don't have to wait 5-10 years for a f*** video game. So tired of this s***, kills the whole excitement about these shows. Ubisoft should be ashamed as well, with pieces like Beyond Good & Evil or this WiLD announced in freaking 2014 XD

I think there's a very obvious reason for their strategy. Early in a new platform's life, it's important to build up a head of steam to drive a platform's hype and popularity. When you examine the first year of Switch, you will see that they stacked the schedule with a significant new release every other month to keep the buzz alive. In conjunction with that concrete release schedule, they allowed their E3 Direct to showcase major titles that will eventually arrive for the platform, although I don't believe it was intentional that they announced Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 years in advance of their completion, I think the idea was to release them 2 years from announcement date. The same applies to BotW2, but some things just can't be helped.

Personally, I prefer to know than to not know when it comes to my favorite game series.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
What should we do? Fly over to Kyoto and throw a hissy fit in front of their offices?

I'll never understand why people get so worked up over people choosing to buy stuff and not moaning 24/7 because there's not an announcement of Bayonetta or whatever.

People take this console war stuff far too seriously.
Take it easy buddy... Im not a warrior... and I was giving props to you.. nintendo fans.. its you that keep nintendo doing what is doing.. and if you are fine with it so be it ... but for me, in my humble opinion, it is strange to see so mutch hype for so little .... but again.. if you all are fine with this.. okay... but lets try respect others views and opinions

And since that other thread was close..and you quoted me... i didnt say that was a small fanbase keeping nintendo alive ... nintendo has a very large fanbase ... very large..and very very faifull no matter what ... so they sell and sell very well to them ...

Peace brother.. enjoy your nintendo games, no war needed here ✌🏼

The Skull

nintendo has a very large fanbase ... very large..and very very faifull no matter what ... so they sell and sell very well to them ...
Yeah that's why the Wii U did so well............Oh wait. Nintendo have a small group of hardcore fans for sure and the rest is a mix of casual market and other console/pc users who have it as a secondary system I would imagine.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Yeah that's why the Wii U did so well............Oh wait. Nintendo have a small group of hardcore fans for sure and the rest is a mix of casual market and other console/pc users who have it as a secondary system I would imagine.
Wiiu was something that I honestly cant explain, bad marketing ? Bad naming ? Bad gimmik? I dont know... but I dont think nintendo has a small fanbase if you count handheld+home users....I also dont know what would be of the switch if it was only a home console.... but as a handheld hybrid its a enormous success that is a fact

At least...

201034393_1868751603306726_6221422071929634862_n.jpg
xYcZKRj.gif

They wear this in smash!?

Last edited:
Top Bottom