• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 plans detailed

Monumma

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/862638504114835459

C_i1JHSXkAA7esJ.jpg

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As part of Nintendo’s plan to deliver news about upcoming games all throughout the year, the company will provide a packed week of activities at the E3 video game show, which runs from June 13 to June 15 in Los Angeles. Proceedings will be headlined by the first-ever opportunity to play the Super Mario Odyssey game, Mario’s upcoming sandbox-style adventure for the Nintendo Switch system, as well as other Nintendo Switch games. Additional activities at the annual show include a Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation announcing new details for Nintendo Switch games launching this year, the return of Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, and tournaments for the ARMS and Splatoon 2 games live-streamed from the show floor.

“Our various E3 activities will showcase the next steps for Nintendo Switch, from a summer of social competitive gaming to a holiday season highlighted by a milestone Mario adventure,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. “With Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, fans at home can watch in-depth gameplay of Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games launching this year.”

Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off Tuesday, June 13, at 9 a.m. PT with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view live at http://e3.nintendo.com, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017.

Immediately following Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017, Nintendo is once again bringing back Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, a live-streamed showcase of upcoming games for Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Gameplay for all the featured games will be streamed from the E3 show floor June 13 to June 15 via http://e3.nintendo.com, as well as on Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch. In addition to gameplay, the livestream will include behind-the-scenes info and commentary from game developers and members of the Nintendo Treehouse.

When Nintendo’s booth space opens at noon on June 13, show attendees will be among some of the first people in the world to get their hands on Super Mario Odyssey, as well as other games for Nintendo Switch. Super Mario Odyssey is Mario’s first sandbox-style game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.

In addition to all of these activities, Nintendo will also host game tournaments that will be live-streamed from the E3 show floor. The 2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational splats onto the scene on June 13 and features Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch. Composed of four pre-qualified squid squads from the U.S., Japan, Europe and Australia/New Zealand, the tournament will find teams participating in the first-ever international Splatoon 2 competition. The second tournament, the 2017 ARMS Open Invitational, takes place on June 14 and will feature Nintendo’s upcoming ARMS fighting game for Nintendo Switch.

Further details about Nintendo’s activities at E3, including information about the tournaments, will be shared closer to the event. For more information about Nintendo’s activities and announcements at E3 2017, visit http://e3.nintendo.com.

edit: Of course I open a topic and click send instead of preview... can a mod can change the title, please?

t1497373200z4.png

Reggie statement about their E3 plans
“Our various E3 activities will showcase the next steps for Nintendo Switch, from a summer of social competitive gaming to a holiday season highlighted by a milestone Mario adventure,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. “With Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, fans at home can watch in-depth gameplay of Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games launching this year.”

From the press release which should probably be put into the OP since it's more detailed than the tweet.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-a-Go!-Mario-Tournaments-Nintendo-Switch-Head

Cubas

Sounds like we aren't getting a full-blown Nintendo Direct? The wording on the announcement seems kinda strange.

Zalman

So the presentation itself will only have Switch games. 3DS games will get time at Treehouse Live though.

Also, 2017 games only?

Davey Cakes

Nintendo Spotlight. I like that name. Hopefully they settle on it for future E3s.

Only 2017 games?

I hope they're planning a direct in like July or August.
Nintendo has been shying away from announcing games too early. After Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's WW, and SMTxFE I don't blame them.

Neoxon

The Stars are aligning once again.
I hope.
CoroCoro already leaked, & there's no mention of Stars. Unless TPC decided to save Stars for E3, things aren't looking good on that front.

That said, bring on E3! Thank god that the Spotlight will only be for Switch games.

Seems like it will be highly focused on Super Mario Odyssey, hope it doesn't mean there will be only a few games besides this one

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I always imagined Mario was half bald under that cap. He has some pretty good Kingdom Hearts style hair apparently.

Sapiens

If this thing is just MARIO odyssey and stuff we've already seen...IF...then what the hell has Nintendo been doing with these fucking droughts these last few years?

So the presentation itself will only have Switch games. 3DS games will get time at Treehouse Live though.

Also, 2017 games only?

Right now the immediate info for game releases being asked for pertain to filling out the schedule for this year.

Also that ARMS invitational is new.

If this thing is just MARIO odyssey and stuff we've already seen...IF...then what the hell has Nintendo been doing with these fucking droughts these last few years?

I don't know man, that's an IF situation and I don't have cliffnotes from Nintendo. Hell I don't know why you're even asking.

Dystify

The focus on 2017 games is expected. That's how Nintendo has been doing it for a while. To be fair though, there are quite a few huge games coming up this year.

Kinda surprised they just announced it with a tweet, no video or anything.

Reading the press release, seems like the Spotlight event will be focused on 2017 titles, without discounting further reveals, which frankly is pretty sensible.

An ARMS tournament is a smart play, too.
EDIT: Press release:
11th May, 2017 – As part of Nintendo’s plan to deliver news about upcoming games throughout the year, the company will provide a packed week of activities at the E3 video game show, which runs from 13th to 15th June in Los Angeles.

Proceedings will be headlined by the first-ever opportunity to play Super Mario Odyssey, Mario’s upcoming sandbox-style adventure for the Nintendo Switch console, as well as other Nintendo Switch games. Additional activities at the annual show include a Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation announcing new details for Nintendo Switch games launching this year, the return of Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, and tournaments for ARMS and Splatoon 2 livestreamed from the show floor.

Nintendo’s E3 activities kick off on Tuesday 13th June at 17:00 BST with its Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 video presentation. Available to view in local languages live at Nintendo of Europe’s E3 2017 website, this presentation will offer more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching this year.

Immediately following Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017, Nintendo is once again bringing back Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3, a livestreamed showcase of upcoming games for Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Gameplay for all the featured games will be streamed from the E3 show floor from 13th to 15th June via Nintendo’s Twitch channels, with a chatroom available in viewers’ local language. In addition to gameplay, the livestream will include behind-the-scenes info and commentary from game developers and members of the Nintendo Treehouse. Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 content will be livestreamed in English only.

When Nintendo’s booth space opens at noon L.A. time on 13th June, show attendees will be among some of the first people in the world to get their hands on Super Mario Odyssey as well as other games for Nintendo Switch. Super Mario Odyssey is Mario’s first sandbox-style game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine.

In addition to all of these activities, Nintendo will also host game tournaments that will be livestreamed from the E3 show floor. The 2017 Splatoon 2 World Inkling Invitational splats onto the scene on 13th June and features Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch. Composed of four pre-qualified squid squads from Europe, the U.S., Japan and Australia/New Zealand, the tournament will find teams participating in the first-ever international Splatoon 2 competition. The second tournament, the 2017 ARMS Open Invitational, takes place on 14th June and will feature Nintendo’s upcoming ARMS fighting game for Nintendo Switch.

Further details about Nintendo’s activities at E3 will be shared closer to the event. For more information about Nintendo’s activities and announcements at E3 2017, be sure to check Nintendo of Europe’s E3 2017 website in the coming weeks.

Based on the wording it looks like the Nintendo Direct will only be focused on Switch. If so then GOOD. 3DS will get plenty of coverage via the Treehouse streams.

orioto

Good Art™

Also, 2017 games only?

I'm a little worried about that. I hope they understand E3 is about surprises et shock factor. If it's mostly things we already know, even if it's great, people will be disappointed.

I can see big focus on Mario (i'm ok with that) but also Splatoon 2. They need surprise 2017 releases or 2018 teases.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Mario da new Zelda. Seems doubtful they can do as much with it as they did with the Plateau, but still, cool. Unless they're gonna totally blow our minds like they did with BotW.

Zedark

So the E3 Direct will only feature Switch games? That's what it implies to me at least. Also the 2017 thing is curious, wonder if that means no titles whatsoever for 2018 will be discussed? Seems unlikely in my opinion, unless they are planning to host a series of directs in the second half of the year to detail 2018.

Edit: Read the business wire thing, there will most likely be 2018 games.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
CoroCoro already leaked, & there's no mention of Stars. Unless TPC decided to save Stars for E3, things aren't looking good on that front.

That said, bring on E3! Thank god that the Spotlight will only be for Switch games.

I wasn't expecting much from CoroCoro, as Gamefreak have been trying to one up the leaks anyway, so we should have heard news before then really.
I think if Stars is for Switch though, it is a big enough bomb for E3.

Top Bottom