• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Plans: Digital Event On 06/16, Nintendo World Championships 2015 on 06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyd0nia

Banned
Nintendo World Championship... With people plucked from US Best Buy stores. More like US Championship!

Shame it's not done online, like the Global Test-Splat, online heats leading to an e3 showdown. Imagine how rad that would have been!

phanphare

Banned
Is there a gif of reggie lifting the gamecubes yet

y468OJ.gif

You could see it coming a mile away, but I still lol'd at the Power Pad cheat. Virtual Boy joke was great too.

Serious question, though, is Mario Maker a good choice for E3 demos? I've been to every one of them and the lines are insane. First year they offered a choice of SM3DW/MK8/DKC:TF/WW HD, and every time somebody chose WW HD or TF, the line ground to a halt for 5 minutes. By noon of day 2, they made everyone pick MK8. Smash worked well last year because the matches were fast.

Mario Maker seems like another one of those slow-paced line clogging games. Better get there early.

Rösti;163812934 said:
Well, at least US residents got something. Europe saw no demos as far as I remember. I don't get it why they don't simply publish E3 demos on the eShop, have them available for a select period and require an internet connection to be played. Can't be too difficult. It would be nice to try out Mario Maker at home; I couldn't attend E3 this year.

Can't be too difficult? I dare to differ.
  • Protos run on devkits. When the console is already released, a devkit is usually the console with more RAM, but, well. More RAM.
  • Protos do many weird things that would freak out consumers, including, but not limited to, crashing the entire system.
  • When making an E3 demo, devs rarely do clean the file system. Imagine the file sizes and datamining. Yes, datamining on Wii U is possible.

Punch Out? Virtual Boy?

I would totally buy a Nintendo On Punch U Out.
Wifi wireless, gyroscoped, motion controlled VR helmet with double fisted Wii Motion Plus bob and weave body blow body blow uppercut action.
nintendo-on.jpg

nordique

That video was amazing. I lol'd at Reggie's "what??"

Cheesy, Retro-y, goofy, purposely done "lame"

I love it. Last year, Nintendo had the best E3 by a long shot. Here's hoping they can do it again.

georly

If every scene in that montage references an announcement, then:

Lifting 2 gamecubes: Mario sunshine 2
Lifting two super scopes: Yoshi's Safari 2
Yoga on balance board: Wii fit U 2
Watching Donkey kong: Donkey Kong country: the movie
Boxing: Wii sports boxing resort (with amiibo support for luigi costumes)
Pink hoodie: Punch out U
Track and field: Track and field mode for wii fit U 2
Virtual boy: Virtual boy virtual console for Wii U (not on 3DS ever)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't know why, but "I want a game...that can do everything" sounded like an amiibo Skylanders-like game :lol

Anyway I wonder how much stuff there was legitimately teasing something and how much was just for humor.

I wouldn't mind seeing VB Wario Land on 3DS, especially in 2D mode.

I lost it at him playing the Virtual Boy and elbowing all the shit off his desk.

"These games are great!"

I want to hate Reggie.

But I can't hate a man who doesn't take himself seriously.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Can't be too difficult? I dare to differ.
  • Protos run on devkits. When the console is already released, a devkit is usually the console with more RAM, but, well. More RAM.
  • Protos do many weird things that would freak out consumers, including, but not limited to, crashing the entire system.
  • When making an E3 demo, devs rarely do clean the file system. Imagine the file sizes and datamining. Yes, datamining on Wii U is possible.
I meant primarily getting the demo up on the eShop and have it available for a limited time. But of course what you mention is something that would likely not go well with the home audience. In the best of worlds, Nintendo would have thought proactively about this and created a demo specifically to play at home, without the kinks of a general E3 build.

I just find it a bit dull that EU residents don't get any interactive experiences.

HUELEN10

Guys... would you call me insane if I told you that the music played backwards is the match won theme in Punch out Wii slowed down in reverse? Trying to confirm right now...

Pokemaniac

Rösti;163816261 said:
I meant primarily getting the demo up on the eShop and have it available for a limited time. But of course what you mention is something that would likely not go well with the home audience. In the best of worlds, Nintendo would have thought proactively about this and created a demo specifically to play at home, without the kinks of a general E3 build.

I just find it a bit dull that EU residents don't get any interactive experiences.

E3 demos by themselves are already a pretty big distraction from actually finishing the game. It would be much worse if the demos had to be consumer ready.

zeioIIDX

That Reggie training video had me rolling, I love how they sorta knocked the Virtual Boy and that "Oh! Great! Bill! You're fired." plus the GTA-esque WASTED slow-mo just killed me lol. So good.

Lutherian

Does someone know what are the SNES and N64 cartdriges on the table when Reggie is playing with the Virtual Boy (at 2:00) ?

AdanVC

Mario Maker has me very intrigued right now. When it was announced last year I thought it would be a simple eShop downloadable game like Dr. Luigi, Pushmo, etc. and that it will be released relatively soon... But the fact that this is the second E3 where Mario Maker will appear, then Nintendo totally has to announce a megaton feature for the game so it can be worthy to be at E3 again. Maybe a Super Mario 64 Maker feature?? Something like that.

NimbusD

Nintendo Wolrd Championship. Winner declared. Reggie : "Thanks for watching all Nintendo Fans. But before we go, i have one more thing for you". Trailer starts. It´s fucking Super Mario Bros. 4

Everyone is rekt.

Like... NSMB? Or Super Mario World? Or whatever you can build in Mario Maker?

I think people would more be rekt because of the redundancy of it.

georly

Just noticed that they said treehouse live will feature even more games than last year. How many games did they feature last year?

there is also some strange package in the background at 1:07

That's a Virtual Boy box. Is it just sitting there from when they were shooting the VB scene or possibly teasing Virtual Boy on 3DS Virtual Console???

Does someone know what are the SNES and N64 cartdriges on the table when Reggie is playing with the Virtual Boy (at 2:00) ?

I'm trying really hard to tell...I think we can figure out the SNES one, but we never get a good look at the N64 cart.

Like... NSMB? Or Super Mario World? Or whatever you can build in Mario Maker?

I think people would more be rekt because of the redundancy of it.

Or a new 3D title that has a leap from 3D World as big as the leap between Super Mario 2 and Super Mario 3.

HUELEN10

If Nintendo had had enough games for E3 this year, they wouldn't have to make silly videos like this.

Oh, so you know they number of games they will talk about that week. Please elaborate on them, we're dying to hear.
Or a new 3D title that has a leap from 3D World as big as the leap between Super Mario 2 and Super Mario 3.
Sadly, I don't think that is a realistic expectation to have.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That's a Virtual Boy box. Is it just sitting there from when they were shooting the VB scene or possibly teasing Virtual Boy on 3DS Virtual Console???

I figured that's what Reggie was doing when playing VB and saying, "These games are great!"

foltzie1

You know Nintendo (and NOA) gets a lot of justified crap for their weird decisions regarding their current consoles, virtual console, ect, but then they do something so surreal like this and I cannot help but love them for it.

I hope they pull a Wiz Kid and the last game in the championship is a new game nobody has ever played. That would be fantastic! It could be so many things! New F zero! New Metroid! Hell, the new effing Starfox!

Dr. Buni

If Nintendo had had enough games for E3 this year, they wouldn't have to make silly videos like this.
I don't get posts like this. What does one thing have to do with the other? So a company only have games to announce when they do boring E3 press conferences?

Lutherian

I'm trying really hard to tell...I think we can figure out the SNES one, but we never get a good look at the N64 cart.

The N64 one make me think about F-Zero X (my favorite F-Zero).

Bioshocker

Oh, so you know they number of games they will talk about that week. Please elaborate on them, we're dying to hear.

We will just have to wait and see, won't we? But we do know there's no Zelda and likely no Metroid or new 3D Mario. 2014 was the peak year for Wii U with Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. so we shouldn't expect much at this point. Nintendo will probably launch their new home console in 2017 so more and more resources will shift from Wii U to the new console. They need to have games ready for launch this time.

I remember when Nintendo had press conferences and actually tried to compete. Treehouse is a nice thing, but other than that Nintendo at E3 is not what it once was.

why yes

Nintendo shouldn't conflict with a third party that supports Nintendo with so many tibwahaahahahahaha

Bravely Default/Second
Multiple Final Fantasy spin offs (one of which continues to get regular DLC support)
Multiple Dragon Quest games (hell, they just announced a port of 8 the other day)

In case anyone can figure it out, here's the best shots I could get of the games:

SNES game:
nVIBU1.png

N64 game:
hfIkUL.png

We can probably narrow it down to Nintendo-published games, right?

AdanVC

Just noticed that they said treehouse live will feature even more games than last year. How many games did they feature last year?

That's interesting indeed... Last year at least for Wii U they announced several new games such as Kirby and the rainbow course, Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, ZELDA and others. It's a decent amount and the fact they especifically bolded that they are featuring more games this year it means more brand new games will be announced and demoed at the Treehouse Stream!! F-Zero, Metroid by Retro, Mother 5... the possibilities are endlesssssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom