• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Press Conference Dated.

BurntPork

Banned
On the other hand, they've got another two systems they can pretty much ignore.

3DS got far too little time last year, and I'm worried that'll happen again. With only 60 minutes, I think the only split that works is this:

10 Wii+DS+filler
20 3DS
30 Wii U

But that's only barely enough time to show everything they need to show for Wii U, since I would expect that they're going to announce a shitton of games and have a few on-stage demos. Wii U should have 40 minutes ideally.

Of course, Nintendo could fix this issue by killing that damn NDA. >_>; Maybe we'll get lucky and it ends up taking an extra 10-15 minutes.

guek

Banned
3DS got far too little time last year, and I'm worried that'll happen again. With only 60 minutes, I think the only split that works is this:

10 Wii+DS+filler
20 3DS
30 Wii U

But that's only barely enough time to show everything they need to show for Wii U, since I would expect that they're going to announce a shitton of games and have a few on-stage demos. Wii U should have 40 minutes ideally.

Of course, Nintendo could fix this issue by killing that damn NDA. >_>; Maybe we'll get lucky and it ends up taking an extra 10-15 minutes.

Expect a Tuesday night roundtable bomb. I'd count on it.

tumblr_lfftvyZQ4y1qzb8j3.gif

This looks familiar...

Although, you may just be making a thinly veiled Metroid nod. Either way I'm there.

FoneBone

10 Wii+DS+filler
20 3DS
30 Wii U

I'd say less than that for Wii and DS, really.

We already know some:

-Assassin's Creed III
-Rayman Legends
-Killer Freaks
-Ghost Recon Online
-Darksiders II
-Metro: Last Light
-Aliens: Colonial Marines
-Dragon Quest X
-Ninja Gaiden 3: Still Sucks Edition
-Project CARS
-"Tekken" (I'm going to predict Tag 2 at launch, and TxSF when that finally gets made)

Arkham City and DiRT apparently too, although... eh, I doubt they're still coming out. DiRT 4, probably.

As for Metro last night it may have been cancelled for all we know, given THQ's financial situation sadly.

By the way I'm expecting many new announcements beside of the one on this list, whilst I wouldn't be too much surprised if some of the games already announced last year should be eventually cancellled; maybe they've actually something bigger and during the WiiU announcement threw just a handful of ports, to keeep secretive and not to spoil third parties biggest titles, that are going to be disclosed only this year.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

10 Wii+DS+filler
20 3DS
30 Wii U

Basically, there's almost nothing to talk about for Wii and DS. Just Pokèmon and Kirby. Then, 30 minutes about 3DS, and 30 about Wii U.
But still...they made everyone excited with just 15 minutes of 3DS presentation in 2010, and this time they have already shown the platform, the main features.
...And still, in 2010, only Kid Icarus Uprising has been shown. Nintendogs got a logo. And then...Paper Mario, StarFox, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and FREAKING ZELDA OOT REMAKE have been announced after the conference.

Medalion

Banned
40+mins Sales and talking general strategies and target audiences bs
5mins 3DS games
15 mins on Wii-U

WAIT TILL SPACEWORLD

01.jpg
but in HD!!!

Devoting a huge amount of time talking about 3DS, sales, Kirby's anniversary, how we did last year, ect. all BAD ideas, Nintendo. You hear? Spend 90% of your conference making a lot of noise about your NEW SYSTEM and its NEW GAMES and you'll succeed. Dig?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why do people expect sales talk? We haven't got those since 2009. And the 3DS isn't doing that well in NA, so there's really nothing to brag about.

Bullza2o

With the amount of Wii U info they need to show, they probably won't show 3rd party games other than a sizzle reel or something similar. Other publishers have their own conferences where they can show their Wii U games.

My guesses

25th Kirby Anniversary trailer for collection disc
NSMB2 trailer and gameplay
Animal Crossing 3D trailer
Sales talk
WiiU final console/controller shown
WiiU montage
Iwata drops the BOMB!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Why do people expect sales talk? We haven't got those since 2009. And the 3DS isn't doing that well in NA, so there's really nothing to brag about.

Yeah, in 2010 they didn't say anything about sales. And at those times there were still big numbers from both Wii and DS. Neither in 2009, IIRC, right? Or at least, a very little part of the conference.
Certainly, they won't talk about them either this year, with Wii dead and 3DS ww doing rather well, with a pretty good first year in NA too, but...that needs to improve to high levels.

botty

Banned

10 Wii+DS+filler
20 3DS
30 Wii U

I think they'll get even luckier by having their products covered extensively by the press over the course of a few days.

10 Wii+DS+filler
20 3DS
30 Wii U

lol, there won't be any Wii or DS anymore. That's a given.

Oh god E3. So close.

I love when we start seeing the banners/posters/billboards going up around LA. I live nearby so I'll be constantly lookin for em!

Oh man, I'm already drooling over the AC3 giant banner.

Top Bottom