• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Press Conference Dated.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What do they even have to show this year? Rising, the new Kojima game, and...?
It's ridiculous how much they depend on Kojima Productions these days.
The probably delayed Silent Hill: Book of Memories just so they'd have something to round out the show.

TwinbeeU Rainbow Adventures 2 will come one day! Believe.

CoolS

As always, I am hyped.

The last two years I watched all the 3 conferences, but I don't think I will get up at 3 am in the middle of the night for Sony again. They're conferences are just too long nad I end up asleep with my head on the keyboard. I'll just read the summary, sorry Sony.

fates

Well, that stinks. I have a summer class that meets only twice a week and it just had to be the day of this conference at 2PM. I'll miss some late conference surprises I suppose.

I just want MH3G and FE Awakening. Please.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Do we know yet what the televised schedule looks like?

G4 / Spike coverage of all conferences?

G4 announced on the 26th they will be covering all the major conferences again. I assume Spike will have the exclusive first-showing on Microsoft's conference though.

Edit: talking about televised here.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Except when it's 2008.

Seriously, what a horrifying year. Disturbing, even, if Nintendo's press conference was of any indication.
That was due to The ESA's decision to turn E3 into E3 Media & Business Summit. The whole event became something of an investor conference with little excitement. Luckily The ESA became aware of what the industry thought of this and changed the concept back to the original in 2009. And yes, E3 2008 was horrible.

GCX

I love that annual thread where we get the first photos from the E3 booth area and try to find megatons from wooden boxes and stuff.

Azure J

Rösti;37503959 said:
That was due to The ESA's decision to turn E3 into E3 Media & Business Summit. The whole event became something of an investor conference with little excitement. Luckily The ESA became aware of what the industry thought of this and changed the concept back to the original in 2009. And yes, E3 2008 was horrible.

Horrible is an understatement. Scaled back E3 was a straight up abortion.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love that annual thread where we get the first photos from the E3 booth area and try to find megatons from wooden boxes and stuff.
That was painful last year. For whatever reason, I think I've grown out of my "speculation is fun" stage of gamer fandom, for the most part. I just want titles, features, and specs!

I could go for a 2.5D Metroid. Somebody needs to make up for Other M.

While it was a decent game, it just wasn't the same. Adam Malkovich needs to be far, far away from my Metroid.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I only know the Nintendo spectacle of 2008 since my memory is joggy. What did the other two do?

Yes, I had to work at "E3" 2008; dear god that was depressing. The only thing worse than the actual set up, was having to deal with the endless stream of Digi-Pen students who thought the best way to get a job was to be as rude and abbrasive as possible.

The fact that the entire "show floor" took up less space than last year's Activision booth was just the rancid cherry on the whole shit sundae.

I almost enjoy the anticipation and speculation leading up to E3 more than the actual show. Read the Valve or E3 prediction thread; we're a month out and already people are starting to lose their shit.

As for the pressers, both Sony and Microsoft did the usual events, but I can't remember a single thing they presented.

Kjellson

lcKrf.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
IIRC, Microsoft announced that Final Fantasy XIII was coming to 360 during that conference. Megaton, at the time.

I can't remember what Sony was doing.

Oh, that megaton.

Hmm Sony is boring as usual.

You know, even with MS E3s being sucky at least you can make funny GIFs out of them.

Glass Joe

Is it sad that in my job interview today I was given an option of which weekday to take off, and Nintendo's E3 coverage played a major role in me deciding? Yes, yes it is (but hey, at least it will break up my work week if accepted).

Akai

For those hyped for NIntendo's conference for E3 2012, NEVER FORGET THIS... lower expectations are the way to go

Low expectations are for chumps. Only true fans can stay positive all the way and get back up on their feet if they are shot down...

Unless you just like being miserable, then all the power to you...

Top Bottom