• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Site Opens: E3 Direct one hour long. Teases some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Nintendo says they intend to release info etc. constantly through E3 week so probably see lots of developer videos etc through the week

wrowa

Please Nintendo, learn how to properly do a presentation this time. No explaining Miiverse. No explaining the summer firmware update. Just games games games.

Also, please put a little more effort into this Direct. I love Nintendo Directs and its quirky style, but at E3 I expect a little more show than just a stiff Japanese guy talking in front of a white background.

Mlatador

Banned
A 1 hour Nintendo Direct is very good.

Don't forget Nintendo Directs can & will happen multiply times a year. At E3 they will show a lot of stuff, for sure, but I also expect a steady stream of awesome NDs throughout the rest of the year.

I also believe there will be a separate Nintendo Direct for the 3DS some days later.

Volotaire

Why wouldn't you want to see more of two awesome games releasing soon after?
I like seeing games being presented. I'll take that over OMGZ ANNOUNCEMENTS releasing in 2014.

They showed a significant amount at the previous direct, which should pave way for new announcements at this one.

Moreover, we can see footage of these two games through demos that come out during E3 and interviews, so I'd rather have new announcements made and shown.

Meelow

Banned
Also, please put a little more effort into this Direct. I love Nintendo Directs and its quirky style, but at E3 I expect a little more show than just a stiff Japanese guy talking in front of a white background.

I agree with this, Nintendo Direct E3 needs to have an exciting environment, they should either be in a big room or make the background very hype E3 worthy.

You mean like this one that just one showed up for me right now?!

LXdAzoV.png

Don't do this to yourself lol.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I was going to make a silhouette of Samus and be like "This one just showed up for me you guys", but then I remembered I have no idea how to do that.

So just imagine how funny that would have been.

You mean like this one that just showed up for me right now?!

LXdAzoV.png

Canon

Banned
1 hour sounds short, UNLESS they announce that it's only for first-party Wii U games and they'll have a separate 3DS Direct and Third-Party direct.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
1 hour sounds short, UNLESS they announce that it's only for first-party Wii U games and they'll have a separate 3DS Direct and Third-Party direct.

If they had a separate show for 3DS last year, I assume they will do the same this year.

Ridley327

Nintendo's conferences have usually been a little over an hour long, so this is not too surprising.

Meelow

Banned

1 hour is always when Nintendo conferences are, some people may think a longer direct means more megatons but it doesn't always mean that, it can mean longer demo play through, more talking, and stuff we really don't care about.

NateDrake

I was hoping they would not focus on Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, or Luigi U during the E3 Direct. They did those in the Summer Direct. Focus on new and upcoming titles outside the Summer release window.

Shahadan

They showed a significant amount at the previous direct, which should pave way for new announcements at this one.

Moreover, we can see footage of these two games through demos that come out during E3 and interviews, so I'd rather have new announcements made and shown.

Well maybe for Pikmin, but we still know next to nothing about W101. That one will probably appear.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
They said they would like to show both games at E3, not at the same time.

They will either show it afterwards or there will also be a 3DS Direct after the Wii U's.

Well, It would be strange if they went with that direction because I'm sure that they would like to demonstrating connectivity between Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS if they manage.

Directs aren't live, so it's totally possible to make it exactly 60 minutes.

I know that, but I seriously doubt that they would try to fill out something to get perfect 60:00 minutes :p

Kacho

Gold Member
So close yet so far. I wait patiently.

If they spend more time talking about Pikmin and The Wonderful 101 I'm going to lose it. Please understand, Nintendo.

Look I am really looking forward to pikmin and w101 but we just saw those games at the last direct. I thought this was about games after summer. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Randdalf

Please Nintendo, learn how to properly do a presentation this time. No explaining Miiverse. No explaining the summer firmware update. Just games games games.

... and please don't spend 4 minutes explaining the history of each franchise before a 30 second clip of gameplay.

Shabutaro

Glad to hear it. Initially I was concerned about the hour, given all the first party titles we already know of. Can't imagine too much more being squeezed in after those, but who knows, they've done more with less time and I always leave a nitendo direct feeling pretty satisfied. I'm excited

wrowa

I swear if Ninty talk New Super Luigi U for 20 mins and we don't get a new X trailer, I will fuck shit up.

If hope they don't talk more than just a few minutes about their summer line-up. Otherwise what was the point of last week's Direct?

... and please don't spend 4 minutes explaining the history of each franchise before a 30 second clip of gameplay.

Iwata will tell you 10 minutes about the history of the Smash Bros series, before showing you three small screenshots of the new game. And you'll like it.

Roto13

Take away the "Gamers love us! Sales sales sales! Unprecedented partnership!" stuff and you're left with an hour of concentrated game reveals and previews. That's why they're not doing a press conference this year. So they can do separate events for different audiences. This one's for consumers.

char3.png

This one looks like old Mario. It's definitely not the newer style.

It's Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

ASTROID2

Make a X in your calender.

OH GOD NO. I went to put an X on my calender jest for fun and saw I have a dentist appointment that day. And if that's not bad enough It starts the same time this starts. WTF? Gotta try re-schedule on Monday but he was gonna leave for a few weeks around that same time. WHY ME!!!!!

Hermii

I hope this will be a main direct where they just blast through everything, then they have a lot of shorter game specific directs.

At least I hope this wont be the only direct at E3.

Hermii

OH GOD NO. I went to put an X on my calender jest for fun and saw I have a dentist appointment that day. And if that's not bad enough It starts the same time this starts. WTF? Gotta try re-schedule on Monday but he was gonna leave for a few weeks around that same time. WHY ME!!!!!

I feel for you. Damn. Good luck on rescheduling.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Hmmmm. Those silhouettes do little to excite me for this Direct, but I guess we'll just have to see. There need to be surprises there, and not the little kind either. This show needs to wow everyone, or Nintendo is gonna have a tough time getting any attention this E3.

Also, having only 4 games at Best Buys seems kinda lame. Guess it'll be Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, NSLU, and Wind Waker/Mario Galaxy 3? I mean, don't get me wrong, this is a cool effort, but I am getting tired of those games already, and they haven't even come out!

*Rabble Rabble*

Maybe I'm just feeling cranky from too many late, late nights Monster Hunting

Pleaaase, Nintendo, don't spend too much time showing what we already have seen (Pikmin and W101). I want to believe that X will be shown again, I need to start working on my hype.

Btw, first post on neogaf. :D

Hmmmm. Those silhouettes do little to excite me for this Direct, but I guess we'll just have to see. There need to be surprises there, and not the little kind either. This show needs to wow everyone, or Nintendo is gonna have a tough time getting any attention this E3.

Also, having only 4 games at Best Buys seems kinda lame. Guess it'll be Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, NSLU, and Wind Waker/Mario Galaxy 3? I mean, don't get me wrong, this is a cool effort, but I am getting tired of those games already, and they haven't even come out!

*Rabble Rabble*

Maybe I'm just feeling cranky from too many late, late nights Monster Hunting

Where did you hear about 4 games at Best Buy?

Hermii

I actually like the format. The games are the main attraction, not Usher dancing or anything like that. But I wouldn't mind an non specific action hero skit or something like that. On second thought the direct is only an hour so I would mind that.

cacildo

ALright, i fear the worst.

More pikmin
More wonderful 101
More luigi u
More mario and luigi dream

And the new 3d mario.

One new game. A big one, sure, but if thats it, is a disaster

Guys, why is this in the source?
<meta name="keywords" content="nintendo e3, nintendo, e3, e3 2012, nintendo e3 2012, nintendo e3 presentation, e3 presentation, Wii U, new nintendo system, wii at e3, nintendo 3ds at e3
Lol wut.
REPEAT OF LAST YEAR CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom