• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Site Opens: E3 Direct one hour long. Teases some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
ALright, i fear the worst.

More pikmin
More wonderful 101
More luigi u
More mario and luigi dream

And the new 3d mario.

One new game. A big one, sure, but if thats it, is a disaster

Yeah i pretty much expect that plus the already mentioned smash bros and WW HD
it's going to be a disaster

Lavapotamus

Neo Member
When they're positioned to talk about Super Smash, Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Project X, Dream Team, New Super Luigi, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 within one hour, it doesn't leave a ton of time for a bunch of surprises. That's assuming they'll ignore impending 3DS stuff, too, which I'm sure they won't. I wonder if they're saving Wii U news for beyond E3? Because at this point...good lord, Nintendo, please don't.

I'm more scared that they'll fuck it up than I am excited about the potential announcements. Of course, I felt that way during the back half of the Wii's lifespan, too. If they wanna go ahead and re-enact the 2010 conference for Wii U, I'm totally cool with being worried over nothing. :D

Not

Banned
tumblr_matw6h64CX1qiwcbgo1_500.jpg

Bahahahaha

JVQ2Bjc.gif

Shabutaro

More pikmin
More wonderful 101
More luigi u

And the new 3d mario.

I'm hoping that the direct from a while ago covered that so they won't have to bring it up next week....
I think it's likely we end up with a lot of repeats and extensed reailer from the (January ?) direct that showed yoshi and etc. with a maybe two new titles and a mega suprise or two

As much as I love Pikmin, we've seen extended demos of the game during almost every presentation/direct Nintendo has done in the past year. The only reason I wanna see them talking about it during this main E3 Direct is if they're announcing an online multiplayer component. Also, I'm thinking they'll do a one hour Wii U direct (which is the main one they're talking about now) but also throw in a one hour 3DS direct at a later time. Otherwise I don't see how they can fit everything they appear to have ready to talk about.

XenodudeX

Pleaaase, Nintendo, don't spend too much time showing what we already have seen (Pikmin and W101). I want to believe that X will be shown again, I need to start working on my hype.

Btw, first post on neogaf. :D

They're going to talk about pikmin and W101 whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

W haven't heard of anything regarding tw101 except the box art. No new characters, no new modes, nothing. And they still haven't detailed the multyplayer on pikmin 3 either. You maybe not want to see these things, but I DO.

Shahadan

Yeah i pretty much expect that plus the already mentioned smash bros and WW HD
it's going to be a disaster

No MEGATONZ = disaster?
They have 10 Wii U games to show coming in the next months. We should be hyped to see more about what's coming, not about internet excitation about things not available until 2015.

More pikmin
More wonderful 101
More luigi u

And the new 3d mario.

You're forgetting the new Smash, which was already confirmed to be making an appearance. It's not QUITE so bleak.

Nintendo bought a time machine, we will relive E3 2012 over and over again!
We've entered an endless recursion of time.

Hermii

When they're positioned to talk about Super Smash, Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Project X, Dream Team, New Super Luigi, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 within one hour, it doesn't leave a ton of time for a bunch of surprises. That's assuming they'll ignore impending 3DS stuff, too, which I'm sure they won't. I wonder if they're saving Wii U news for beyond E3? Because at this point...good lord, Nintendo, please don't.

I'm more scared that they'll fuck it up than I am excited about the potential announcements. Of course, I felt that way during the back half of the Wii's lifespan, too. If they wanna go ahead and re-enact the 2010 conference for Wii U, I'm totally cool with being worried over nothing. :D

I doubt if they talk about New Super Luigi U. They did in the last two directs and its coming out in like a month.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Where did you hear about 4 games at Best Buy?

Meelow said:
Not going to E3 2013? Not a problem.

You’ll find all the latest news and announcements from Nintendo right here. Go behind-the-scenes with video tours and interviews, game announcements, and much more.
Watch.

It all starts with the Nintendo Direct presentation on June 11. Coverage will continue throughout E3 with game trailers, interviews, and more.
Experience.

Game demos aren’t just for E3 VIPs. You’ll be able to try out four unreleased Wii U games, exclusively at participating Best Buy locations. Stay tuned for details.

I guess it was silly of me to expect that every playable game at E3 would be at Best Buy.

Glad I got my pass to the show early.

Frodo

Good thing I wont have to ask the day off. I get to watch it after work!

Can we start the hype already? Choooo choooooo

Watch them spend 45 minutes talking about and showing Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Mario dream team, and New Luigi Bros

Don't care as long as they drop a bomb in the end.

So I dunno if they've officially released the number of games that would have demos available at Best Buys during the E3 special, but now it's confirmed to be 4 according to that site.
I'm guessing that the four games are...
  • Pikmin 3
  • Wonderful 101
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Mario Kart?
What do you all think?

Pleaaase, Nintendo, don't spend too much time showing what we already have seen (Pikmin and W101). I want to believe that X will be shown again, I need to start working on my hype.

Btw, first post on neogaf. :D

My first post as well! Gaf admitted us just in time for the E3 crash.

On topic, I still think Nintendo should have had a big conference as they usually do, but I guess there's no turning back now. Just show us awesome games and everything will be fine! HYPE!

scitek

I'll probably get a Wii U soon since I can pick up a couple of games on the cheap now. I hope Nintendo has a strong E3.

They're going to talk about pikmin and W101 whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

W haven't heard of anything regarding tw101 except the box art. No new characters, no new modes, nothing. And they still haven't detailed the multyplayer on pikmin 3 either. You maybe not want to see these things, but I DO.
Nowhere did I say I didn't want to see these things, I just don't want them to spend too much time with them, we've seen the games already. They can give the remaining information in a reasonable amount of time and leave more time for stuff we haven't seen.

They can also use this direct to announce more stuff and excite more people and use further directs to give more details on Pikmin/W101. This direct is crucial to them, they can't flood it with more Pikmin/W101.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Well, a Nintendo Direct has never disappointed me yet, so I'm optimistic for this. Heck, they even dropped the 3 exclusive Sonic games megaton in the brief pre-E3 direct....

My first post as well! Gaf admitted us just in time for the E3 crash.

On topic, I still think Nintendo should have had a big conference as they usually do, but I guess there's no turning back now. Just show us awesome games and everything will be fine! HYPE!

Congrats on getting in, enjoy the meltdowns to come =D

I would be very disappointed if they spend time on W101 or Pikmin, since they already did that last year :/

Hermii

And at the end of the direct they say : "If you want to try out a litle piece of the games we shown here, the demos are on the E shop. "

It would be the ultimate fuck you to game journalists.

Frolow

Banned
So I dunno if they've officially released the number of games that would have demos available at Best Buys during the E3 special, but now it's confirmed to be 4 according to that site.
I'm guessing that the four games are...
  • Pikmin 3
  • Wonderful 101
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Mario Kart?
What do you all think?

I'm going to guess
  • 3D Mario
  • Pikmin 3
  • Mario Kart
  • Wind Waker HD

NotLiquid

I really hope people aren't expecting the silhouettes to be the only games shown there. You think Nintendo would seriously give away everything in one go? Where's Mario Kart and Game & Wario in that silhouette if they're only showing what we know?

Pangard

Banned
Nintendo's E3 presentation is the latest one, isn't it? If they do it right, it'll be the grand finale. Admitting they won't show everything on the direct.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I would be very disappointed if they spend time on W101 or Pikmin, since they already did that last year :/

They did not spend time on Wonderful 101 during last year's conference actually. It was revealed afterwards on Gametrailers or Spike TV or whatever the crap. For whatever reason, Nintendo thought having Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya around to demo Platinum's latest game wasn't worth time at their press conference, and left it as a surprise :/

This is the company that spent 25 minutes talking about about Arkham City on stage a year after it came out. I fully expect this direct to have around 15 minutes of new stuff (3D mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Retro) and 45 minutes of everything we've already seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom