• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Site Opens: E3 Direct one hour long. Teases some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Nintendo's E3 presentation is the latest one, isn't it? If they do it right, it'll be the grand finale. Admitting they won't show everything on the direct.

Problem is, unlike with a live conference, this Direct will probably be already recorded by the time E3 starts so they'll won't be able to react accordingly.
I expect Sony to steal the show.

Hermii

They did not spend time on Wonderful 101 during last year's conference actually. It was revealed afterwards on Gametrailers or Spike TV or whatever the crap. For whatever reason, Nintendo thought having Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya around to demo Platinum's latest game wasn't worth time at their press conference, and left it as a surprise :/

W101 wasnt worth it, but making a big deal of Batman was ? Wtf.

Meelow

Banned
Looks like Smash Bros to me. Mario has a fist and is punching Kirby.

That's not Kirby.

showposter.jpg

That is from Mario and Luigi Dream Team.

NotLiquid

They did not spend time on Wonderful 101 during last year's conference actually. It was revealed afterwards on Gametrailers or Spike TV or whatever the crap. For whatever reason, Nintendo thought having Atsushi Inaba and Hideki Kamiya around to demo Platinum's latest game wasn't worth time at their press conference, and left it as a surprise :/

If anything I find it pleasantly surprising that Nintendo put that game among the silhouettes as opposed to whatever else they could plug for other games. I hope Nintendo can keep pushing the title so it can truly become that new quality IP they could benefit from. The game looks fantastic.

Neiteio

Is it possible they are teasing playable games on the show floor? And not necessarily games being shown in the direct?
That makes a lot of sense, actually, since this isn't their Direct site, just their E3 one. I can definitely see the new 3D Mario, NSLU, Pikmin 3, M&L4, TWWHD and TW101 being playable on the show floor. Wouldn't be surprised if these are also the titles that will have playable demos at participating Best Buy locations.

I can't find anything else worthwhile in the Source code ):
I also tried putting in different numbers for the silhouettes, and nothing. Sigh. Why can't something leak ):

Volotaire

Problem is, unlike with a live conference, this Direct will probably be already recorded by the time E3 starts so they'll won't be able to react accordingly.
I expect Sony to steal the show.

I think they could easily edit the end and front part of the video within 12 hours. Add a surprise or something for reaction.

careksims

I'm looking forward to it, but I agree with some: PLEASE NO MORE PIKMAN FOOTAGE! We've seen enough! I wouldn't mind if they show no more Wonderful 101 as well. Both games are very close to release. Gotta give more footage on games we've never seen before. More X footage or Smash Bros!

PhantomR

Banned
I really hope people aren't expecting the silhouettes to be the only games shown there. You think Nintendo would seriously give away everything in one go? Where's Mario Kart and Game & Wario in that silhouette if they're only showing what we know?

Neogaf.gif

Sadist

Hehe, people posting about an hour being short. Nintendo's pressers were always pretty short, around 60-70 minutes long. The longest one I can remember was about 75 minutes, when they revealed the3DS.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Is it possible they are teasing playable games on the show floor? And not necessarily games being shown in the direct?

But what are you saying? That they won't talk about Pikmin/W101 or that they won't talk about 3DS games?

If it's the former, I think there is a very small chance they don't dedicate time to Pikmin 3/W101.

ChainThomp

Neo Member
As long as Nintendo shows me new 3d Mario, Smash Bros, Mario kart, and whatever retro is working on, then I am happy. And if I am remembering correctly, I think all of those besides retro have been confirmed. Also, I'm in the camp hoping that retro is working on a new IP.

Hermii

The story was Batman was a last minute thing due to Aliens being pulled. Maybe Nintendo at that point realized Aliens was a scam

Thats probably another reason they are doing Direct instead of conference. To avoid shit like that.

Astorgh

I wish they don't spend half the time talking about games we already know. I really expect big things from Nintendo.

Hehe, people posting about an hour being short. Nintendo's pressers were always pretty short, around 60-70 minutes long. The longest one I can remember was about 75 minutes, when they revealed the3DS.

Yeah, they've almost always been close to 50 minutes or so.

Plus given that this is going to be a Nintendo Direct instead of an E3 presser, I'm hoping that they cut the fat and forego the parts of E3 where they have charts and graphs with spin about their sales and stuff and just focus on the game presentations.

Choo Choo... I guess.

DaBoss

I actually hope they spend time on The Wonderful 101 at E3 because I want it to sell as well as it could.

Plus given that this is going to be a Nintendo Direct instead of an E3 presser, I'm hoping that they cut the fat and forego the parts of E3 where they have charts and graphs with spin about their sales and stuff and just focus on the game presentations.

Choo Choo... I guess.

Don't forget the time wasted waiting for people to leave and come back on stage lol.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You guys are pretty annoying. It's like that Nintendo direct in January never happened and again the one a month and a half later for the 3DS.

Ridley327

But what are you saying? That they won't talk about Pikmin/W101 or that they won't talk about 3DS games?

If it's the former, I think there is a very small chance they don't dedicate time to Pikmin 3/W101.

Both have multiplayer modes that haven't been particularly detailed yet, so I'm guessing that's what the focus will be on when they're shown off.

RagnarokX

Choo Choo... I guess.

They have no reason to spend much time on charts and shit since the people interested in that stuff are getting their own conference.

Oersted

Choo Choo... I guess.

Well this is the official reasoning behind the splitting.

hatchx

Banned
This is the company that spent 25 minutes talking about about Arkham City on stage a year after it came out. I fully expect this direct to have around 15 minutes of new stuff (3D mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Retro) and 45 minutes of everything we've already seen.

It wasn't really 25 minutes was it? No way.

Cbajd5

I hope they spend a good amount of time on The Wonderful 101 since in the Summer/Fall Direct all it got was a title and a release date. Maybe as part of a Platinum Direct with it, some Bayonetta 2, and
Viewtiful Joe 3.

I CAN DREAM CAN'T I

also 1(01), 2, 3 it's so obvious

Otherwise, I expect what we know, Retro doing something, no EBA because they hate me, and a real Nintendo Land Theme Park after last year's disappointment.

NotLiquid

Choo Choo... I guess.

Pretty sure that was part of the entire reason why they wanted to splinter the conferences, so they could focus on one subject and let people watch what they wanted to watch, so this Direct ought to be exclusively about games and software.

Let's be honest, we're probably going to see a few things on the presser that we probably aren't going to be excited about anyway (Wii Fit U and Wii Party U for one), but I can see them dedicating five minutes on average for one title and give the more in-depth treatment for the journalist press show. I doubt Nintendo wouldn't be aware enough about their public reception to the point that they'd splinter the conferences, but not trim the fat while they're at it.

Fandangox

Site says only 4 playable demos out of E3, was hoping more. Assume it is 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Wind Waker, and Wonderful 101/Pikmin 3.

The_Lump

Banned
You guys are pretty annoying. It's like that Nintendo direct in January never happened and again the one a month and a half later for the 3DS.

Right? Lighten up folks, jeez.

Are Nintendo really going to put silhouettes from unannounced/revealed games on their teaser site? Is one whole hour really not enough time to show a shit-ton of new stuff? Lets not forget that this is a Direct, not a live stage presentation which is 30% Applause/Awkward Silences/People walking on and off stage. An hour long of just showing future games (ie post summer releases) is fucking plenty.

Exactly. So see above ;)

hatchx

Banned
Teasing already known games. Oh Nintendo.

There is no teasing with their fans. Every single screenshot or trailer they leak, or Iwata's words for that matter, are scrutinized and speculated to no degree. No matter what silhouette teaser they show us, we will figure it out. Unless it's some brand new franchise or obscure plant life on zebes.

That's why a Samus or Starfox tease would sort of blow it.

Shabutaro

I think it's more about the fact that people know what's going to fill a lot of those slots, whereas typically its relatively unknown what will be shown.
I personally am excited for this direct, whether its filled with previously seen games or not, it should still be good.

gngf123

4 playable games: NSLU, Wind Waker, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3.

Announcements: Wind Waker release date, Mario Kart U, 3D Mario, Wii Sports U

I'm going in with low expectations. Hoping for the best.

Frodo

Right? Lighten up folks, jeez.

Are Nintendo really going to put silhouettes from unannounced/revealed games on their teas site? Is one whole hour really not enough time to show a shit-ton of new stuff? Lets not forget that this is a Direct, not a live stage presentation which is 30% Applause/Awkward Silences/People walking on and off stage. An hour long of just showing future games (ie post summer releases) is fucking plenty.

Not to mention there will be more Directs throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom