• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Site Opens: E3 Direct one hour long. Teases some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was concerned about the time but then I thought about it:

-The January Direct was only 30 minutes and yet they squeezed a ton of games in there.
-Because it's not an E3 conference they're not going to be doing on-stage demos.
-Since Directs are pre-recorder, they're as time efficient as they could possibly be.

I'm sure there will be plenty of new games there. But as long as I get:

-Bayonetta 2 reveal
-Retro's game (FUCK YES)
-Smash Bros trailer announcing a few new chars

Then I'll be more than good. These things are really all I want, everything else is icing on the cake.

Another thing to remember about the January Direct is that they spent half of it talking about strategy, updates, etc. People worrying about time are worrying about nothing. They really don't need to spend more than five minutes on each game when they have three days put out media for them. Heck, five minutes is pushing it; they need to get out as many impactful announcements as possible.

CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
A new foe has appeared!

6545.bayonetta.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The difference between this year's schedule and previous years is that Nintendo isn't accounting for any hands-on time. So it should be around an hour of actual content, as opposed to twenty minutes docked so journos can play with the new games.

My memory escapes me, but is this specific live stream dedicated to the Wii U, or their entire E3 showing? I seem to recall it being marketed as "End of year Wii U software, and beyond", but there's a bunch of 3DS stuff to cover too.

As much as I am looking forward to this, I'm expecting disappointment. The presentation should be about ALL games coming out now and in the future. Not "Let's see how Pikmin 3's Multiplayer mode works!"

No hun, have a separate Nintendo Direct for that. Dedicated to Pikmin 3. Have several directs dedicated to each game. Wasting 10 damn minutes on one game we already know a good amount of. Not hating on Pikmin 3 since I so looking forward to it, but we've seen plenty of it without spoiling any more potential surprises.

Iwata did say they're going to have several directs during E3. And there's that 90 minute presentation for Pokemon X/Y. 30 minute direct for Smash Bros would be a miracle. And then some.

But please no filler in this presentation D:

SteeloDMZ

Banned
The difference between this year's schedule and previous years is that Nintendo isn't accounting for any hands-on time. So it should be around an hour of actual content, as opposed to twenty minutes docked so journos can play with the new games.

My memory escapes me, but is this specific live stream dedicated to the Wii U, or their entire E3 showing? I seem to recall it being marketed as "End of year Wii U software, and beyond", but there's a bunch of 3DS stuff to cover too.

Only WiiU. Says so on the official site.

No pikmin 3 gameplay demo please, we've seen enough to be hyped, just a short minute trailer please

Same with all the already announced games, I guess wind waker HD can get a gameplay demo cause I want to see

We are so close :D

I had to google to see what it meant. Sorry, bro. She don't really bring any historical value to Smash. Mega Man would.

I know that she would bring sexual value to the game but we already have Peach and Zero Suit Samus.

They let snake in. They can let Bayonetta in.
I don't even get snake, we've had like what? a few MGS over the history of Nintendo?
MGS NES, MGS Ghost Babel, Twin Snakes, and Snake Eater 3D?
Snake really didn't deserve the spot, but eh.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I don't even get snake, we've had like what? a few MGS over the history of Nintendo?

I didn't even follow or play any of Metal Gear games so you might have a point there. All I know for sure that he's one of the iconic video game characters in the history.

Snake is iconic character in the video game history but I know the fact that he got in the game because of Kojima and Sakurai being best buddies.

I hope he isn't back. I was hoping for a MGS game on the Wii and that never happened. MGSV as of now isn't coming to Wii U- Snake doesn't deserve to be back. Give that to Megaman, Bomberman, Pacman or even Bayonetta. Snake has got to go. I'm tired of playing "Let's catch the grenades feat. Snake!" in Brawl.

Considering that Snake has appeared in a few Nintendo titles AND Kojima himself personally lobbied to Sakurai to have Snake in, I don't think there's a problem with him being there.

Nintendo would totally do this if Capcom asked for Mega Man to be in, but they won't, because Capcom fucking hates Mega Man.

From what i remember, this isnt labled specifically as a wii u direct(as directs have been) but rather under a nintendo direct. The descripton of it says its about future wii u games...but, seems like they snuck in 3ds games as well.

Instro

I'd have to assume some level of 3DS stuff is on block, given that Smash is dual platform.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hope he isn't back. I was hoping for a MGS game on the Wii and that never happened. MGSV as of now isn't coming to Wii U- Snake doesn't deserve to be back. Give that to Megaman, Bomberman, Pacman or even Bayonetta. Snake has got to go. I'm tired of playing "Let's catch the grenades feat. Snake!" in Brawl.

That's true. I would be very happy with Mega Man and Bomberman. They have long history with Nintendo systems.

Considering that Snake has appeared in a few Nintendo titles AND Kojima himself personally lobbied to Sakurai to have Snake in, I don't think there's a problem with him being there.

Nintendo would totally do this if Capcom asked for Mega Man to be in, but they won't, because Capcom fucking hates Mega Man.

Well, from what I remembered that Nintendo didn't even ask Infanue/Capcom for Mega Man in Smash.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Only WiiU. Says so on the official site.

Not on the E3 hub paged linked in the OP. Only specific mention of Wii U is the four Best Buy demos.

From what i remember, this isnt labled specifically as a wii u direct(as directs have been) but rather under a nintendo direct. The descripton of it says its about future wii u games...but...seems like they snuck in 3ds games as well.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they snuck in some 3DS stuff into that hour.

I'd have to assume some level of 3DS stuff is on block, given that Smash is dual platform.

True that.

Snake is iconic character in the video game history but I know the fact that he got in the game because of Kojima and Sakurai being best buddies.
I completely understand where your coming from but the statement released by platinum games concerning their partnership with Nintendo and Bayo 2 it seems like they really want Bayonetta to become a real gaming icon. They want to go further with her by possibly making more games and including her in things like smash.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I completely understand where your coming from but the statement released by platinum games concerning their partnership with Nintendo and Bayo 2 it seems like they really want Bayonetta to become a real gaming icon. They want to go further with her by possibly making more games and including her in things like smash.

That's true that they are pushing her for that position. That position wouldn't happened if it wasn't for Nintendo, right?

It could be 0%, 50% or 100% that Bayonetta would be in SSB4 since Sakurai visited Platinum Games. However we don't know why so it could be Wonderful 101 main character or Bayonetta. I will grow to accept Bayonetta if she got in.

This is pretty much what I think. Snake just doesn't deserve to be in. If they really want to have a Konami rep then they have to go for Castlevania or something.

ALM5252

This is pretty much what I think. Snake just doesn't deserve to be in. If they really want to have a Konami rep then they have to go for Castlevania or something.

Though I really like Snake and feel he fits in with the other Nintendo IPs, if they replace him with a new Konami IP, I hope it's Bomberman, since Konami now owns him. :)

antonz

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team has a teaser and that's a 3DS game. There will probably be some 3DS stuff.

E3 hub page is a generic hubpage where they ill cover everything E3. The E3 Nintendo Direct page says covering Wii U games of the future.

Nintendo says they will be posting stuff all week video wise etc. So its possible another 3DS Direct coming and of course gameplay footage of all games

That's true that they are pushing her for that position. That position wouldn't happened if it wasn't for Nintendo, right?

It could be 0%, 50% or 100% that Bayonetta would be in SSB4 since Sakurai visited Platinum Games. However we don't know why so it could be Wonderful 101 main character or Bayonetta. I will grow to accept Bayonetta if she got in.
Yea I believe smash fans who dont want her should not be looking at her as just any 3rd party character. This might be a stepping stone for her to build herself as a great franchise only on Nintendo consoles.

LOLDSFAN

I'll be happy if they don't talk about AC:NL or any other game that is already out. Also I hope they keep the Pikmin talk to a minimum (a game that should already be out). Just focus on games that haven't been announced yet.

Well, Wind Waker HD will be there(and hopefully X). That's good enough so far. Retro's title would be a bonus at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom