• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop on Switch now allows you to save credit card info

Great news! It wasn't that big of a deal for me, but it will be great not having to pull out the card each time I make a purchase.

Aeana

I'm not going to praise Nintendo for adding a baseline feature that has been expected in any ecommerce platform for the last 15 years.

But I'm glad it's there so I can stop typing it in.

Thank god, it's hilarious that they didn't have this in from the start.

I will now continue to be annoyed that I have to put in a password every time I want to go into the E-Shop.

They still don't have two-factor authentication, right? That's the next logicial step if they're going to let people save their credit card info.

giphy.gif

I was waiting for this, considering even the 3DS did this for you.

I'm not going to praise Nintendo for adding a baseline feature that has been expected in any ecommerce platform for the last 15 years.

You could save information previously on the 3DS, just not on the Switch's eShop. Just lends more credence that the Switch was "rushed" out a bit.

I would never save my credit card info on any of these video game systems. I never looked at this as a good thing.

Are you in the US? You're not liable for false purchases made on it, so I don't see much reason to be concerned. There's also a password feature that should prevent even that tho

Technically you are liable for the first $50, but that is never enforced in my experience

No one's asking you to praise them. It's not like these are new features to Nintendo's digital shop as they were on the Wii U and 3DS. It's more just informing people it's not on the Switch, too, finally

Thank god, it's hilarious that they didn't have this in from the start.

I will now continue to be annoyed that I have to put in a password every time I want to go into the E-Shop.

Literally the second image in the article

is it stored on the device or online? 3DS and Wii U stored it locally which I found far more desirable than in some hackable online account.

also

Banned
I never save my cc info but cool for those that do. It actually pisses me off that Sony does it automatically and I have to delete my card each time.

Is it saved locally on the machine or stored on Nintendo's servers; if I saved it on Switch, would I have to reenter it when using the browser eShop?

You could save information previously on the 3DS, just not on the Switch's eShop. Just lends more credence that the Switch was "rushed" out a bit.

Definitely.

watershed

Banned
Fuckin' finally. Will make purchasing much faster. Next they need to add a cart, easy to use filters, and discounts and refunds. And some upbeat shopping music!

I never save my cc info but cool for those that do. It actually pisses me off that Sony does it automatically and I have to delete my card each time.

Is it saved locally on the machine or stored on Nintendo's servers; if I saved it on switch, would I have to reenter it when using the browser eShop?

I think trying this would be the quickest way to test if that's the case

I have less confidence in their security than I do Sony for some reason and I won't even link PayPal to my PSN account.

Kureransu

Congrats on adding that in.

Now, add the ability to see everything available for the eShop without having to search for something. Is it really that hard to add an "all titles" tab with a sub menu of by release or alphabetical?

At least give us that. Then we can talk about how you can list games on the eShop by genres in the news tab, but not have available in the actual eShop itself.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Why are people acting like this is some new shit Nintendo just started doing? lol
Probably because they don't know. This is the same as my the folder discussion for every new system and OS - no one needs to get premised for it but it's something that isn't high on the priority lists and never ready for launch lol.

sleepnaught

Should've been day 1. Seems like it would be bad for business to require your customers to reenter that CC info every single time. You should make it as convenient as possible for them to part with their money.

Should've been day 1. Seems like it would be bad for business to require your customers to reenter that CC info every single time. You should make it as convenient as possible for them to part with their money.
it's worse for business if you don't do it in a secure way, as Sony learned

vareon

Good.

Now fix the storefront because it's hilarious with how small the current Switch library is, older games are undiscoverable.

Nightbird

Hate to be that guy but, when was the last time Nintendo's account system got hacked?

MFA definitely needs to be a thing though.

While I understand your point, I don't think a hack on Nintendo's account system would have been as devastating as the Sony/Microsoft ones.

What was there to be stolen? E-shop credit for that particular account? On top of that, Nintendo has been so insignificant for "Hardcore Gamerz", that I feel like attacking Nintendo was probably not worth it for the hackers.

Now, with the popularity of the Switch, and credit card Infos being saved, I can see an attack on Nintendo's servers happen sometime in the future. Or at least an attempt.

This was said but I'm pretty sure I bought from the web store without having to re-enter my CC info. I just had to put in my password....
I just tested this. You can merge your funds but it doesn't have my card in there that I stored on my devices [Wii U and 3DS]. Just the account balance. I can see it lets you store a card online as well, you're nuts if you do that imo.

Top Bottom