• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Europe announces release list for summer and early autumn - you will say wow

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
It's looking like GameCube 2006 levels here;

Wii:

Captain America: Super Strong – July 15 (Sega)
Xenoblade Chronicles – September 2 (Nintendo)
We Dance – September 2 (Nordic Games)
Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey – September 2
Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident – September 9 (Nintendo)
Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension – September 16 (Disney)
We Sing UK Hits – September 30 (Nordic Games)
X-Men Destiny – September (Activision)
Jungle Kartz – September (Nordic Games)
MotoHeroz – Q3 (RedLynx) [WiiWare]
FIFA 12 – 2011 (EA Sports)

3DS:

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries – Tomrrow (Capcom)
Pac-Man – August 26 (Namco Bandai)
DualPenSports – August 26 (Namco Bandai)
Anglers Club – September 2 (Namco Bandai)
StarFox 64 3D – September 9 (Nintendo)
Shinobi – September (Sega)
CRUSH3D – September (Sega)
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights – Summer (Konami)
Captain America: Super Soldier – Autumn
FIFA 12 – 2011 (EA Sports)
Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater – Autumn (Konami)
3D Classics Xevious – July (Nintendo and Namco Bandai) [EShop]
Let’s Golf 3D – Q3 (Gameloft) [EShop]

DS:

One Piece Gigant Battle – Tomorrow (Namco Bandai)
Solatorobo: Red The Hunter – Tomorrow (Namco Bandai)
Captain America: Super Soldier – July 15 (Sega)
Dragon’s Lair: Time Warp – July 15 (Digital Leisure) [DSiWare]
Mechanic Master 2 – August 1 (PQube)
May’s Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville – August 5 (Mastertronic)
Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension – September 16 (Disney)
Harvest Moon Grand Bazaar – September (Rising Star Games)
X-Men Destiny – September (Activision)
Jagged Alliance – Q3 (Cypronia) [DSiWare]

Source

VOOK said:
Xenoblade Chronicles – September 2 (Nintendo)
StarFox 64 3D – September 9 (Nintendo)
CRUSH3D – September (Sega)
Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater – Autumn (Konami)
3D Classics Xevious – July (Nintendo and Namco Bandai) [EShop]

Appalling. I'll probably pick up all the above however.

Xenoblade doesn't excuse the overall shittiness of this list, to be clear. It could be Half-Life 3, it's still a shit list.

At least loads of good shit lands in Q4 though.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
lochnesssnowman said:
Appalling. I'll probably pick up all the above however.

That's my list too, sans Starfox (cos I'm getting it from Japan) and Xevious because I have it already.

So they have Xenoblade and we have nothing for Wii until Sept 30th? Thank you Nintendo of america. You're the best!

EU also gets no DQM Joker 2 until after Sept 30th.

hirokazu

wrowa said:
For a moment I read Captain Rainbow instead of Captain America. That was a nice little heart attack!
Hahaha, me too, and I don't even care about Captain Rainbow. That is a sad, sad list.

Wish some one will tell the online shops about Solatorobo i hate having to go to a GAME -_-

MGS3D a shock to me didnt think it would be out so soon

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mockingbird said:
So they have Xenoblade and we have nothing for Wii until Sept 30th? Thank you Nintendo of america. You're the best!

I love how every year after E3 Reggie says that they have unannounced stuff coming out before November. They never do yet people fall for it every time.

Anyway, we're well into the Cube circa 2006, Dreamcast circa 2002 phase of the Wii's life. It's sad really, because it's a good console that never really reached it's potential.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it sucks, but at least we'll be getting The Last Story and probably Pandora's Tower when the US has literally nothing to look forward to next year.

Bulzeeb

Green Scar said:
Xenoblade doesn't excuse the overall shittiness of this list, to be clear. It could be Half-Life 3, it's still a shit list.

At least loads of good shit lands in Q4 though.

hey I didn't say it was that good, just better than what we'll be getting

Krev said:
Yeah, it sucks, but at least we'll be getting The Last Story and probably Pandora's Tower when the US has literally nothing to look forward to next year.

Why attack other Nintendo fans? Why not other console owners instead? Don't you think we've been feeling like shit already for the past 12 or so hours?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Mockingbird said:
Why attack other Nintendo fans? Why not other console owners instead? Don't you think we've been feeling like shit already for the past 12 or so hours?
I don't see how I'm attacking anyone.
And why would I attack other console owners...like myself?
And what would my sweet burn be? "Have fun with Catherine, losers, I'll be enjoying Captain America: Super Soldier from over here!"

GJS

TetraxShards said:
No 3DS games after Mercenaries for nearly two months! Damnit, Nintendo.
Dream Trigger releases in between Mercs 3D and Pac Man, they just don't have it on their list for some reason.

Bulzeeb said:
hey I didn't say it was that good, just better than what we'll be getting

Haha, oh yeah, Xenoblade's presence certainly elevates the quality of the list above the US's. It's still shit though. Don't want anyone getting carried away. :p

Quixzlizx

Mockingbird said:

That's because other console owners do have something to look forward to next year. :lol

Edit: Mmmm, Tales of Graces F

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lawblob said:
Helluva lineup for their brand new handheld.

It's pretty standard launch window stuff, every console takes while to get going. We've seen plenty of titles for November onwards so I wouldn't be too worried.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
lawblob said:
Helluva lineup for their brand new handheld.
They really should not have launched so early if they couldn't keep it well supplied with new games. Yeah, they're building a userbase with their head-start over Vita, but they're also potentially hurting their brand.

GJS

Krev said:
They really should not have launched so early if they couldn't keep it well supplied with new games. Yeah, they're building a userbase with their head-start over Vita, but they're also potentially hurting their brand.
Just like every other console launch.

Krev said:
I don't see how I'm attacking anyone.
And why would I attack other console owners...like myself?
And what would my sweet burn be? "Have fun with Catherine, losers, I'll be enjoying Captain America: Super Soldier from over here!"

Well at least we'll have La Mulana and MotoHeroz this summer!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
lawblob said:
PSP had some pretty sweet games its first six months, IMO.
And surprise, surprise, it was outselling DS back then.
It's when Sony practically abandoned the platform outside of Japan that things really fell apart.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Mockingbird said:
Well at least we'll have La Mulana and MotoHeroz this summer!
La Mulana's been so long coming that I'd lost track of it. That's good news at least.
M.I.S. said:
Wow

And not in a good way I might add

The 3DS...what happend!?!!??
Nothing

Can I laugh at the people that thought Nintendo was magically changing their tune for the 3ds, an olive branch for 3rd parties, now or do I need to wait a couple more months?

Foffy

Banned
Mockingbird said:

EU also gets no DQM Joker 2 until after Sept 30th.

What game is NA getting September 30th?

Foffy said:
What game is NA getting September 30th?

Nothing. I meant that until the end of September, as far as we know, no notable retail Wii titles will be coming out.

For Wiiware we're at least getting MotoHeroz and La Mulana during the summer. There might be some VC surprises as well. Hoping for Lufia myself, but we at least get Final Fantasy III today.

Capndrake

I just got an email as well, there's also a little list for eShop downloads with a handful more:

Available via Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS - Summer/Autumn 2011Release Date
3D Classics Xevious™ (Nintendo / Namco Bandai)Jul
Let's Golf 3D (Gameloft)Q3
Virtual Console - Mario's Picross™ (Nintendo)Jul
Nintendo DSiWare - Dragon's Lair: Time Warp (Digital Leisure)Jul
Nintendo DSiWare - Jagged Alliance (Cypronia)Q3

Foffy

Banned
Mockingbird said:
Nothing. I meant that until the end of September, as far as we know, no notable retail Wii titles will be coming out.

Oh...wow.

At least September seems to be packed with games in general. Xenoblade (import), Star Fox 64 3D, Kirby Mass Attack, and The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords will keep me busy. Maybe the Dragon Quest collection too, for those who like lazy compilations ala Super Mario All-Stars.

But man, the Wii front is outright terrible everywhere. Outside of Pandora's Tower and The Last Story, has there been a single notable title planned for the system to be released somewhere this year that aren't games we've known about for years? It's like all it has left are games we've known of for years (Kirby, Skyward Sword, Dragon Quest X) or localizations of titles like Xenoblade and TLS.

m.i.s.

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
Can I laugh at the people that thought Nintendo was magically changing their tune for the 3ds, an olive branch for 3rd parties, now or do I need to wait a couple more months?

Did anyone seriously think Western 3rd parties would offer any serious kind of support to handhelds?

There will be no exceptions...it's going to be brutal. At least Nintendo has their first party offerings to mitigate the lack of support.

Top Bottom