• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo fans (or 2ch reader), do you know where are these stuff come from ??

neo2046

I found these amazing stuff at 2ch
Does anyone know where the original source is?

* tell me to delete the pics if these stuff will be influenced to any kinds of trouble

Uh oh, looks like someone finally rummaged through Miyamoto's desk

EDIT:

img.php

Holy crap! They should have used that middle box art!

ElFly

The hand drawn cover is cool, but it doesn't convey "this is a platforming game, guys!" like the actual one. It looks more like a Smash Bros cover.

On the other hand, I'd rather have hand drawn art than the ultra generic cgi graphics they used.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
EmCeeGramr said:
why did we not get an awesome drawn boxart like that :(
Nintendo's gone to great lengths to eliminate any feeling of handcraftedness from Mario's design in everything but the Mario RPGs. Wouldn't want to mess up all that hard work now.

TreIII

That Hand-drawn art looks SO GREAT. Kinda reminds of the Mario Strikers box-art style (which I love so much). :D

Doorman

The drawn NSMBWii boxart has sort of a fighting game quality about it...reminds me of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom actually. It does look cool, but I can see why they didn't go with it for a lighthearted platformer.

103wdp0.jpg

Oh my god these airships are bad-ass as all hell. Please appear in Mario Galaxy 2, please please please.

mehdi_san

I think it is from the small book for the recruitment of new employees at Nintendo for this year. Every company here in Japan makes these kinds of pamphlets to attract universities students to apply for a job at their company. I actually have the one for last year (got it at my school), but I was disappointed they didn't send us the one for this year :( Gotta find a way to get it !!!
The one I had was printed on very nice paper and had many pictures of how Nintendo offices look like, some prototype, artworks, etc...
Few examples (sorry for the crappy quality, iPhone shots)
14e9fcx.jpg

24nmcsi.jpg

upandaway

mehdi_san said:
I think it is from the small book for the recruitment of new employees at Nintendo for this year. Every company here in Japan makes these kinds of pamphlets to attract universities students to apply for a job at their company. I actually have the one for last year (got it at my school), but I was disappointed they didn't send us the one for this year :( Gotta find a way to get it !!!
The one I had was printed on very nice paper and had many pictures of how Nintendo offices look like, some prototype, artworks, etc...
Few examples (sorry for the crappy quality, iPhone shots)
That's incredible. Why the hell don't they just make them public? They have only to gain from it.

It's not prohibited to show these right? What particularly cool stuff are in there?

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Whoever took these pictures is probably already dead by now. :(

Those airship designs are awesome, I would've wanted some of those to pop up... And boat train! WOO!

mehdi_san

upandaway said:
That's incredible. Why the hell don't they just make them public? They have only to gain from it.

It's not prohibited to show these right? What particularly cool stuff are in there?

Well like you can see in the pics in the OP, almost all the pages are just pictures of artworks, prototypes, offices and desks, etc... There's also a small message from Iwata and another one from Miyamoto. Then you have the last part with the whole recruitment information. There are small interviews from employees (with Miis instead of pictures) describing their job, and data about the company (employee numbers, salaries, holidays, etc...). Nothing really exciting!

Vinci

Danish
mehdi_san said:
Well like you can see in the pics in the OP, almost all the pages are just pictures of artworks, prototypes, offices and desks, etc... There's also a small message from Iwata and another one from Miyamoto. Then you have the last part with the whole recruitment information. There are small interviews from employees (with Miis instead of pictures) describing their job, and data about the company (employee numbers, salaries, holidays, etc...). Nothing really exciting!

Any behind-the-scenes stuff from Nintendo is exciting. They're too damn secretive. Seriously, I want one of these books. And a Design Documents book for all their old titles. Damn it, Nintendo... Share.

I find the DSi logo picture very insightful... it's interesting to see just how thorough they are when it comes to possibilities and making a decision.

gerg

-WindYoshi- said:
I find the DSi logo picture very insightful... it's interesting to see just how thorough they are when it comes to possibilities and making a decision.

As cool as the images are, I don't think you should take them as a sign of anything unique to Nintendo. Any (graphic) designer worth their salt will always produce buckets of concepts before narrowing them down.

Vinci

Danish
AzureJericho said:
"Right click > Save as" is my best friend sometimes. :lol

@Vinci - Seriously, get outta my head! :lol

Not too hard to be in your head - we're all thinking the same damn thing after seeing that Iwata Asks with the Mario and Zelda designs and now this!

Bentendo

mehdi_san said:

PLEASE! PLEASE show us some images of inside Nintendo's offices and maybe some more concept art. It would be VERY appreciated.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
upandaway said:

+1 please show more of that. These look awesome. Never thought of thinking of the "Nintendo DS Eye" (look at the Nintendo DSi symbols)

Bentendo

mehdi_san said:
I would first appreciate confirmation from a mod that posting pictures from a recruiting book is not bannable ^^

Crap! :(

Well mods, can he??? PLEASE SAY YES! Also take note that supposedly this was free.

Azure J

Seriously, someone higher up there needs to inquire about or pitch an officially sanctioned "Nintendo Concept Art & Design" book. Even if they can't put all of what we'd like to see in the book, I'd love to have one that just showed some of their traditionally drawn stuff. Hell, they could even make it into a hardcover coffee table series for each different franchise they have a la Disney. Where's Chris Remo? We've got his next E3 assignment for him. :lol

GWX

Toma said:
+1 please show more of that. These look awesome. Never thought of thinking of the "Nintendo DS Eye" (look at the Nintendo DSi symbols)

Never thought about it either... Very clever.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
mehdi_san said:
I would first appreciate confirmation from a mod that posting pictures from a recruiting book is not bannable ^^

Guys. Keep quoting until we have the confirmation ;)

The book was supposedly for free. Mods: Scanning/Posting Pics allowed Yes/No?

Top Bottom