• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo fans (or 2ch reader), do you know where are these stuff come from ??

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
GWX said:
Never thought about it either... Very clever.

Well time to update a certain mindblowing thread. I'm on it.

Vinci

Danish
Just go ahead and post them. The mods should be decent enough to simply give you a warning to remove the images prior to banning you. If they warn you, remove them; if not, you're good to go.

So yeah, go ahead...

No, this is not a trap.

Chittagong

Gold Member
mehdi_san said:
I would first appreciate confirmation from a mod that posting pictures from a recruiting book is not bannable ^^

holy shit incredible that you have that stuff, hopefully you get to post it. Like the DSi example - mindblowing how much background work was done for what became a small circle.

Chittagong

Gold Member
AzureJericho said:
Seriously, someone higher up there needs to inquire about or pitch an officially sanctioned "Nintendo Concept Art & Design" book. Even if they can't put all of what we'd like to see in the book, I'd love to have one that just showed some of their traditionally drawn stuff. Hell, they could even make it into a hardcover coffee table series for each different franchise they have a la Disney. Where's Chris Remo? We've got his next E3 assignment for him. :lol

Die Gestalten Verlag should totally do this. It would sell like gangbusters. Also, it benefits Nintendo positioning them as a Disney class creative company like you suggest.

mehdi_san

I know I should take better pictures with my camera (or find someone with a scanner), but it's almost 5am over here and I am too tired to do it, sorry guys.
Two more with crappy iPhone cam:
Brainstorming on Wii Music
33u93yo.jpg

Prototype fabrication
23k6yc7.jpg

EDIT: I am actually more scared of Nintendo's ninja that will try to kill me during my sleep for uploading these pictures, than of the mods :s
I really need to get my hands on the 2010 pamphlet though, I'll ask at the university...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
mehdi_san said:
I know I should take better pictures with my camera (or find someone with a scanner), but it's almost 5am over here and I am too tired to do it, sorry guys.
http://i48.tinypic.com/33u93yo.jpg
Prototype fabrication
http://i48.tinypic.com/23k6yc7.jpg

Havy you any idea of how fucking awesome this is? If there is an official go I beg you to take higher resolution shots of these pictures when you find the time.

Bentendo

mehdi_san said:

EDIT: I am actually more scared of Nintendo's ninja that will try to kill me during my sleep for uploading these pictures, than of the mods :s
I really need to get my hands on the 2010 pamphlet though, I'll ask at the university...

THANK YOU soooo much! Don't worry about the quality, as it's fine. If there's anything else interesting in there to post you will be the hero of the internet! Is there anything from Animal Crossing?

cory

Banned
Nintendo should position their characters like what Disney did with their Princess line.
Really, Pokémon's their only franchise that's being exploited outside of games.

MisterHero

Very interesting stuff. I still have the pics from an older one, they're very interesting to look at.

what character is this?

2n0mphc.jpg

Desiato said:
mehdi_san said:
I am actually more scared of Nintendo's ninja that will try to kill me during my sleep for uploading these pictures, than of the mods :s
What university are you at, mehdi_san?
Indeed, what university are you attending, mehdi_san? On a completely unrelated note, how many family members/relatives do you have?

Toma

MisterHero said:
Very interesting stuff. I still have the pics from an older one, they're very interesting to look at.

what character is this?

Can someone tell me the precise title of these books? Would like to take a look whether I can find some on ebay or elsewhere.

mehdi_san

Desiato said:
What university are you at, mehdi_san?

Tohoku University, in Sendai (north of Tokyo).

EDIT:
Toma said:
Can someone tell me the precise title of these books? Would like to take a look whether I can find some on ebay or elsewhere.
The one I have just says "Nintendo Co., Ltd. 2009". But I think people just call it the Nintendo pamphlet (任天堂パンフレット or パンフ)

Toma

Chittagong said:
This thread needs to be retitled

Awesome look behind Nintendo's closed doors.

Totally. Not enough attention right now. Would be even more awesome if we would get the official go for these pics to post everything. If mehdi_san and the other poster feel like sharing the whole bunch with us.

Bentendo

Toma said:

If you do find some be sure you share the pictures! :D

mehdi_san

Uremifasolasiututut said:
Indeed, what university are you attending, mehdi_san? On a completely unrelated note, how many family members/relatives do you have?

You mean in Japan I guess? Or like in general? Cuz I have a dad and a mom too, like everyone else :p
(and about my family, I am alone in Japan)

gerg

mehdi_san said:
You mean in Japan I guess? Or like in general? Cuz I have a dad and a mom too, like everyone else :p
(and about my family, I am alone in Japan)

I'm not sure you got the joke. :lol

mehdi_san

gerg said:
I'm not sure you got the joke. :lol

Crap :p
Well the "Indeed, what university are you attending, mehdi_san? " did look suspicious, but then he added "On a completely unrelated note," so I thought the other question was actually sincere :lol

cory

Banned
There is only a small amount of Pokémon concept art on the net. I imagine there's a Raiders of the Lost Ark-like storage facility for all the unused designs.

Vinci

Danish
Bentendo said:
Umm... I don't think so (please say you're kidding).

Of course.

I'm just getting a kick out of looking at the cool pics and alleging lurid connections with various Nintendo employees.

Haunted

:eek:

*scrolls down thread*

:O

SovanJedi said:
Whoever took these pictures is probably already dead by now. :(
mehdi_san said:
:lol

Goddamn mehdi, you were sitting on a non-NDA'd goldmine like this and it never crossed your mind to share this? Find someone with a scanner and make us happy ASAP. :D

They don't have cool non-NDA pamphlets like this at NOE HQ. :/

mehdi_san

Bentendo said:
THANK YOU soooo much! Don't worry about the quality, as it's fine. If there's anything else interesting in there to post you will be the hero of the internet! Is there anything from Animal Crossing?

I just saw this post. Actually there are quite a few artworks from Animal Crossing. I think you will hate me for teasing you like this, but the pictures in the book are (in order) about : Wii Music, Animal Crossing Wii, Mario Kart Wii, prototyping (wiimotes and stuff), DSi and Rhythm Tengoku Gold!

Bentendo

Vinci said:
Of course.

I'm just getting a kick out of looking at the cool pics and alleging lurid connections with various Nintendo employees.

It's true though! It's Kazumi Totaka, the director of Wii Music, creator of the Totaka song and voice of Yoshi.

Toma

mehdi_san said:
I just saw this post. Actually there are quite a few artworks from Animal Crossing. I think you will hate me for teasing you like this, but the pictures in the book are (in order) about : Wii Music, Animal Crossing Wii, Mario Kart Wii, prototyping (wiimotes and stuff), DSi and Rhythm Tengoku Gold!

*ack*
Even though he doesn't mind whether they are high resolution, pleeeease keep in mind that there are others who do care :D
What is the exact title of the book? As mentioned before I would like to get a hold of it somehow, which is difficult without a title >_>

Bentendo

mehdi_san said:

Okay... please, please, please show us Mario Kart Wii and Animal Crossing Wii concepts. I'm BEGGING you.

mehdi_san

Toma said:
*ack*
Even though he doesn't mind whether they are high resolution, pleeeease keep in mind that there are others who do care :D
What is the exact title of the book? As mentioned before I would like to get a hold of it somehow, which is difficult without a title >_>

Yeah if it's really fine with the mods (and, of course, if I survive the ninja raid), I will try to get a scanner and upload them in nice resolution.

About the name, the one I have just has "Nintendo Co., Ltd. 2009" written on it, that's it. But I think people just call it the Nintendo pamphlet (任天堂パンフレット or パンフ)

Toma

Bentendo said:
Yeah if it's really fine with the mods (and, of course, if I survive the ninja raid), I will try to get a scanner and upload them in nice resolution.

About the name, the one I have just has "Nintendo Co., Ltd. 2009" written on it, that's it. But I think people just call it the Nintendo pamphlet (任天堂パンフレット or パンフ)

In an act of insanity, I wrote EviLore about this. So, IF this thread survives until tomorrow we should be fine.

upandaway

mehdi_san said:
Say, is it a long-going thing or is it new?

It would be crazy if Nintendo made those as early as 2000 or something.

Toma

mehdi_san said:

Google:

Results 1 - 10 of approximately 95 for "nintendo pamphlet". (0,12 Sseconds)

Why the hell was nobody considering showing these to the world yet?

MisterHero

Bentendo said:
Heh, do you have them on hand? (please say yes!).
Donkey Kong Art (Miyamoto's own hand-drawn sprites? on graph paper)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000701.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000702.jpg

Animal Crossing character notes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000685.jpg

Mario Kart DS sketch
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000699.jpg

Nintendo deliberately designing snaking into Mario Kart DS
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000698.jpg

Stock Models/Size scale chart for Mario characters (possibly from either Mario Party or New Super Mario Bros.?)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000682.jpg

Frankenstein Brain Training research?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000695.jpg

Wii Remote/Nunchuk case prototypes
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000686.jpg

Wii shells (I want my green Wii dammit!)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000683.jpg

Nintendo rainbow
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000676.jpg

Golden Mario seal
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Nintendo Report 2005/P1000712.jpg

Other pages are messages about the company/its performance

Vinci

Danish
mehdi_san said:

Do you know if these are an annual release thing, or seasonal? What's the timeframe they usually appear in?

You know, if a smart Reggie were watching this thread he'd be contacting Iwata about now regarding a series of books focusing on the development of various titles/series.

DAMN YOU NOA AND REGGIE

Bentendo

MisterHero said:

Woah! Thanks a bunch. I can't believe snaking was actually designed!

mehdi_san

MisterHero, you are truly a Super Member! How did you get the pamphlet? Did you apply at Nintedo? From the games, I think it was made for the 2005 recruiting, right?

Vinci said:
Do you know if these are an annual release thing, or seasonal? What's the timeframe they usually appear in?
DAMN YOU NOA AND REGGIE

I don't know when they started making them this beautiful, but I think they always had some kind of pamphlets with information about recruitment at Nintendo. At some point, I guess they just started putting artworks in them to appeal more to the young students. All the companies make them once a year, and it's addressed at the students that will graduate the following year (the 2010 pamphlet is for students that will graduate and join Nintendo in 2011). According to 2ch, they send them around January of each year, that's why I'm gonna try to ask if there's a way I can still get one...

MisterHero

Bentendo said:
Woah! Thanks a bunch. I can't believe snaking was actually designed!
Well I was joking about them doing it deliberately. I think it's an awful thing to pull on an audience full of casual players but that's what it looks like anyways :lol

Top Bottom