• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo fans (or 2ch reader), do you know where are these stuff come from ??

MisterHero

mehdi_san said:
MisterHero, you are truly a Super Member! How did you get the pamphlet? Did you apply at Nintedo? From the games, I think it was made for the 2005 recruiting, right?
Ha I wish :(

I don't even remember where I got the pics. I just remember posting it on NSider and on its sister site.

WillyFive

Doorman said:
Why Nintendo does not market the hell out of this logo is beyond me. Could you imagine that design on a hat, or sweatshirt, or coffee mug, or pin, or just on a bunch of stickers to put anywhere, or...

It would just be used for Mario though. Unless they want to rename themselves The Mario Factory.

I like the rainbow Nintendo logo.

Bentendo

MisterHero said:

I actually have some more Donkey Kong concept art on hand:

600px-Jumpmanconcept.jpg

600px-Paulineconcept.jpg

800px-DonkeyKongconcept.jpg

Don't remember where they come from...

mehdi_san

OK my last crappy shots for tonight:

Wii Music storyboard
122f53c.jpg

Animal Crossing's city hand drawn
122et21.jpg

Mario Kart Wii track and vehicle concepts
2eb9xzb.jpg

Employees experimenting with the DSi camera
2czcwtw.jpg

Boring offices (must be the accounting section)
2ag56ht.jpg

Rhythm Tengoku Gold hand drawings
2iadgeh.jpg

WillyFive

mehdi_san said:
Boring offices (must be the accounting section)
2ag56ht.jpg

How much must it suck to work in that room when the rest of the building is pretty much a workshop of unlimited imaginations and fun.

Vinci

Danish
Willy105 said:
How much must it suck to work in that room when the rest of the building is pretty much a workshop of unlimited imaginations and fun.

If you like to count money though, you're likely in a good place working there. :D

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
MisterHero said:
what character is this?

2n0mphc.jpg
I didn't see anyone answer this, so before anyone takes that as leaked confirmation of some new Nintendo character... It's Drossel from Fireball, a series of shorts that Disney Channel Japan produced in conjunction with Toei.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Willy105 said:
This sort of scene is common at every game company. And the dev space probably isn't as you're picturing, it'll still be mainly desks/cubicles/offices with more "fun stuff" strewn about here and there. Like most other game companies. :p

MisterHero said:

What are you talking about? All that is showing is how they planned to animate the sequence in the game after the race is finished with each line representing 1st 2nd and 3rd place characters in their programmed path. The pix with the characters paths drawn and moving from the top DS screen into the bottom screen and then off screen is what you see in the actual game. The left sketch on that picture is what I assume to be the intro movie with everyone racing around.

Either way all of these are awesome.

WillyFive

XiaNaphryz said:
This sort of scene is common at every game company. And the dev space probably isn't as you're picturing, it'll still be mainly desks/cubicles/offices with more "fun stuff" strewn about here and there. Like most other game companies. :p

Well, I just have the idea that's like where the guys at Pixar work.

pixar3_os.jpg

pixar-793376.jpg

1225591282_1.jpg

The huge lamp lights up, too.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Vinci said:
No workplace is like Pixar. I hate people who work there, I envy them so much.
Pretty much, their setup is one of a kind. Hell, even we're not like that, though some people's desks/offices fall in the same spirit. :lol

Our theaters are better though, so nyah. :p

MisterHero

MindCollizion said:
What are you talking about? All that is showing is how they planned to animate the sequence in the game after the race is finished with each line representing 1st 2nd and 3rd place characters in their programmed path. The pix with the characters paths drawn and moving from the top DS screen into the bottom screen and then off screen is what you see in the actual game. The left sketch on that picture is what I assume to be the intro movie with everyone racing around.

Either way all of these are awesome.
I said I was joking. :p

There was a big debate when this pic was originally released. That's what I said back then too. Good times. :lol

Shig said:
I didn't see anyone answer this, so before anyone takes that as leaked confirmation of some new Nintendo character... It's Drossel from Fireball, a series of shorts that Disney Channel Japan produced in conjunction with Toei.
Thanks.

I was gonna say MEGAMAN?!? but that's a better explanation. :D

Sill4

The hand drawn stuff from the 80's is fucking awesome. They put so much planning and effort into even the way Mario skids to a halt.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I love and hate Pixar's place so much. I want so so much to work there. I just need to do more 3D animation. Too bad there's not enough time for it it seems. ;_;

This is all extremely awesome stuff though, thanks for everyone's contributions.

BY THE WAY! A show in London a while back showed off two preproduction concept pieces for Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, I dunno if they're well known or not but if I find them again I can upload them to add to the list. They include an early Torchic design and something that looks like a cross between Latias and Blaziken.

EDIT: Forget it, they're gone - I checked all my backups and I can't find the photos. This sucks. :(

NotWii

Banned
WHERE DID THESE COME FROM?

Imagine all the cool things from past projects
Nintendo should do art books for everything

Saya said:
Is this actually in the game?

I wasn't too motivated to unlock all the train parts like in Phantom Hourglass

celebi23

SovanJedi said:
I love and hate Pixar's place so much. I want so so much to work there. I just need to do more 3D animation. Too bad there's not enough time for it it seems. ;_;

This is all extremely awesome stuff though, thanks for everyone's contributions.

BY THE WAY! A show in London a while back showed off two preproduction concept pieces for Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, I dunno if they're well known or not but if I find them again I can upload them to add to the list. They include an early Torchic design and something that looks like a cross between Latias and Blaziken.

EDIT: Forget it, they're gone - I checked all my backups and I can't find the photos. This sucks. :(

I'm assuming that these are them, right?

Good thing they were in my favorites list :lol

careksims

That's so awesome. I always wondered why we never get Nintendo art books. IF they did make those, they'd sell out so fast for me to order!

Just a clarification: the prohibition on scans only applies to commerical magazines currently in print.

Even then, covers, tables of contents and advertisements from those commercial magazines are permitted on GAF.

That Mario Kart DS scan is a story board for the trophy celebration screen, not a design sheet on snaking (though some staff did go on record to say that it was a deliberate design decision anyway a while back)

If you notice, the shots line up with the final game.

ITA84

Wii said:
Is this actually in the game?

I wasn't too motivated to unlock all the train parts like in Phantom Hourglass

No, it isn't, unless it's a really really well-hidden secret.

Top Bottom