• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo files trademark application for "Eternal Darkness" (new for December 2016)

tebunker

Banned
I have been seeing these threads for what, 5 years now?

They aren't doing anything with the IP.

Honestly I think they had every intention of having GC VC on WiiU and abandoned it when sales sucked.

So they started with this intent of like a GC VC or classics rereleases but ultimately pushed everything to Switch.

I distinctly remember them mentioning that GC VC could come and then never said another peep. Shame really.

So hopefully they do something with this eventually

I could see them doing amazing sanity effects with motion controls, touch screens, that IR sensor which can detect your pulse, and even the Switching mechanic.

Probably just a VC release though...

Linkura

giphy.gif

BrhysH

Oh no.. "Dyack assures his viewers that Shadow of the Eternals is now alive again".

Nah, I bet its just for the VC on the Switch.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Let's not give him more opportunity to harass the Retronauts crew.

By responding to them? By offering an interview?

It's not fair to blame him for what Twitter did after Mackey's "Delete Your Career" tweet made it onto KIA.

AzaK

Hopefully they'll make some original games too ;) I can see Switch just being Wii U + in this regard. Means Nintendo doesn't need third parties as much.

Nairume

Banned
By responding to them? By offering an interview?

It's not fair to blame him for what Twitter did after Mackey's "Delete Your Career" tweet made it onto KIA.
It is fair to blame him for continuing to bug somebody who tapped out. Of course, I expect nothing less from somebody that is such a child as Dyack.

kogasu

Seems VC could be likely....or it could also be nothing new like the last fifty times but eh I'll hold out some hope that something (hopefully good) could come out... Like I always do heh.

RedToad64

Honestly I think they had every intention of having GC VC on WiiU and abandoned it when sales sucked.

So they started with this intent of like a GC VC or classics rereleases but ultimately pushed everything to Switch.

I distinctly remember them mentioning that GC VC could come and then never said another peep. Shame really.

So hopefully they do something with this eventually
As far as I am aware, Nintendo has never stated this. If they have, I would like a source.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Today, on February 06, 2017, the previous application, US Serial Number 86017853, was abandoned:

Abandoned because no Statement of Use or Extension Request timely filed after Notice of Allowance was issued. To view all documents in this file, click on the Trademark Document Retrieval link at the top of this page.
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86017853&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

The new application, US Serial Number 87274495, remains active and should see publication soon.

HD rumble sanity effects... Please god make it happen

This needs to happen. I don't know if they could patch it in or if they'll ever make another one, but in an older thread about the JoyCons I was thinking of all the possibilities of HD Rumble for horror games like Eternal Darkness, like the feeling of bugs crawling over your hands. Would be so awesome!

-shadow-

If you want someone to make ED 2 better make it someone you don't mind losing after the game sells 50k.
Even if it flopped Retro would be save. They're too good for being closed. But it could do really good with so many years in between the games and horror being all the thing again.

HD rumble sanity effects... Please god make it happen
Dropped a few ideas a few weeks ago for the HD Rumble:

Imagine a new Eternal Darkness where with this they could make it feel like bugs are walking inside of the controller or your characters hands starts to act weird or blood flowing through them.

Why did I do this to myself? :(

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
A Notice of Allowance for U.S. Serial Number 87274495, Eternal Darkness, was issued on May 9, 2017. Nintendo of America can now begin to submit a Statement of Use (SOU) or a Request for Extension of Time to file a Statement of Use (Extension Request) every six months. A total of five extension requests may be filed.

NOTICE OF ALLOWANCE (NOA)

ISSUE DATE: May 9, 2017

U.S. Serial Number: 87274495
Mark: ETERNAL DARKNESS
Docket/Reference Number:

No opposition was filed for this published application. The issue date of this NOA establishes the due date for the filing of a Statement of Use (SOU) or a Request for Extension of Time to file a Statement of Use (Extension Request). WARNING: An SOU that meets all legal requirements must be filed before a registration certificate can issue. Please read below for important information regarding the applicant's pending six (6) month deadline.

SIX (6)-MONTH DEADLINE: Applicant has six (6) MONTHS from the NOA issue date to file either:

- An SOU, if the applicant is using the mark in commerce (required even if the applicant was using the mark at the time of filing the application, if use basis was not specified originally); OR
- An Extension Request, if the applicant is not yet using the mark in commerce. If an Extension Request is filed, a new request must be filed every six (6) months until the SOU is filed. The applicant may file a total of five (5) extension requests. WARNING: An SOU may not be filed more than thirty-six (36) months from when the NOA issued. The deadline for filing is always calculated from the issue date of the NOA.

How to file SOU and/or Extension Request:
Use the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS). Do NOT reply to this e-mail, as e-mailed filings will NOT be processed. Both the SOU and Extension Request have many legal requirements, including fees and verified statements; therefore, please use the USPTO forms available online at https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/filing-online (under the "INTENT-TO-USE (ITU) FORMS" category) to avoid the possible omission of required information. If you have questions about this notice, please contact the Trademark Assistance Center at 1-800-786-9199.

For information on how to (1) divide an application; (2) delete goods/services (or entire class) with a Section 1(b) basis; or (3) change filing basis, see https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-ge...nal-information-post-notice-allowance-process.

FAILURE TO FILE A REQUIRED DOCUMENT OUTLINED ABOVE DURING THE APPROPRIATE TIME PERIOD WILL RESULT IN THE ABANDONMENT OF THIS APPLICATION.

REVIEW APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR ACCURACY

If you believe this NOA should not have issued or correction of the information shown below is needed, you must submit a request to the Intent-to-Use Unit. Please use the "Post-Publication Amendment" form under the "POST-APPROVAL/PUBLICATION/POST NOTICE OF ALLOWANCE (NOA) AMMENDMENT FORMS" category, available at https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-ap...-approvalpublicationpost-notice-allowance-noa. Do NOT reply to this e-mail, as e-mailed filings will NOT be processed.
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87274495&docId=ALW20170509081423#docIndex=0&page=1

A normal event in the process, but I thought it could do with a mention.

Top Bottom