• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo files trademark application for "Super Nintendo World" (theme park) in US

Neoxon

After reading your posts, Jetman's, and Gartooth's, I get what you guys mean now.

Ayyways, it makes perfect sense, they're the most popular Nintendo franchises, really (excluding Pokemon and Kirby).

Do you think we'll see Animal Crossing and Star Fox before or after Splatoon (and maybe ARMS)?
If we get only Zelda in Phase 2, I'd imagine that we could get the likes of Animal Crossing, Pikmin, & Star Fox around the same time as Splatoon & maybe ARMS.

Can't wait to visit the Metroid Haunted House

might as well hope for a Min Min ramen restaurant too
zmaHfWo.jpg

Gartooth

After reading your posts, Jetman's, and Gartooth's, I get what you guys mean now.

Ayyways, it makes perfect sense, they're the most popular Nintendo franchises, really (excluding Pokemon and Kirby).

Do you think we'll see Animal Crossing and Star Fox before or after Splatoon (and maybe ARMS)?

The rumor is that all lands get Mario Kart which is the headliner. Japan gets Yoshi, Orlando gets DKC and possibly Yoshi (ET would need to close for that one.) Hollywood I don't know about though.

I have no idea about the other EPD IPs but I imagine it would be easier to get into the parks than Pokemon.

They have another park besides IOA, you know. Pretty sure this is going in Studios Florida, most likely replacing Woody Woodpecker's Kid Zone.

Yeah Kid Zone is definitely the current site for Nintendo. Everything but possibly ET is on the chopping block.

They have another park besides IOA, you know. Pretty sure this is going in Studios Florida, most likely replacing Woody Woodpecker's Kid Zone.

There aren't many kid friendly places in that park as it is. You have the Dr. Suess area and the Woody Woodpecker area. If this Nintendo Park becomes a replacement for a kids zone and has rides on that level it will be a big disappointment for most.

I'm assuming Nintendo is going to want some Potter level theming which needs Potter level space. The Woody Woodpecker area is a tiny plot sandwiched between ET and Simpsons. I don't see Universal getting rid of the Simpsons area. Maybe get rid of ET but that is sure to ruffle some feathers.

Does Universal have space behind that area to build show buildings?

Gartooth

There aren't many kid friendly places in that park as it is. You have the Dr. Suess area and the Woody Woodpecker area. If this Nintendo Park becomes a replacement for a kids zone and has rides on that level it will be a big disappointment for most.

I'm assuming Nintendo is going to want some Potter level theming which needs Potter level space. The Woody Woodpecker area is a tiny plot sandwiched between ET and Simpsons. I don't see Universal getting rid of the Simpsons area. Maybe get rid of ET but that is sure to ruffle some feathers.

Does Universal have space behind that area to build show buildings?

The only slow moving ride seems to be Yoshi. The rest has been described as family rides in the sense that anyone can ride them instead of "kiddy". So DKC and Mario Kart should provide some level of thrill.

I believe Kid Zone has some parade buildings in the back that can be repurposed for SNW. Also rumors say that a lot of the land will be built vertically to maximize space, such as the various levels in Japan's concept art.

Gonna buy a ticket to the US to be there Day 1.

But a part of me thinks that this is coming a little too late. Super Nintendo World would be the theme park of the early 90's and the landscape today seems a little different.

But at least it may be the "nostalgic thing" of my future children.

Oh nice, its going to Hollywood too. I hope there's a Hyrule castle in its opening too. For Halloween, there could be Guardians crawling around it.

Oh nice, its going to Hollywood too. I hope there's a Hyrule castle in its opening too. For Halloween, there could be Guardians crawling around it.

I really doubt Nintendo would let Universal properly utilize their areas/attractions for Halloween Horror Nights.

It's why, during the few years HHN was held at Islands of Adventure, Seuss Landing remained relatively unchanged minus being renamed to "BooVille" and having weird music and fog everywhere, because Dr. Seuss' widow didn't want her husband's work to be desecrated like that. I believe JK Rowling enforces a similar thing with the HP lands, which is why Diagon Alley doesn't get rethemed for the event.

Epcott

Give me Super Mario (go)Kart with infra-red weapons and sensors on karts like Laser Tag on wheels. Good to see this is coming to the US.

I read some rumors somewhere that alleged that Nintendo World in Orlando would be a third park altogether. The rumors claim that Universal has been quietly purchasing land for this purpose.

I read some rumors somewhere that alleged that Nintendo World in Orlando would be a third park altogether. The rumors claim that Universal has been quietly purchasing land for this purpose.

I'm curious to how much space there is left for a new full theme park at Universal Orlando Resort.

They just opened their new water park, Volcano Bay, a few days ago. The resort seems pretty packed at the moment.

Linkified

I'm curious to how much space there is left for a new full theme park at Universal Orlando Resort.

They just opened their new water park, Volcano Bay, a few days ago. The resort seems pretty packed at the moment.

They bought back a lot of land that they had sold when Universal Parks were part of the Blackstone group. First Nintendo additions will be taking over Kidzone in Universal Orlando

Gartooth

I am curious how Nintendo Phase 2 could look. Potter is heading into Phase 3 soon with the rumored replacements for Dragon Challenge, which leads to 3 interconnected WWOHP lands. However, unlike Potter I don't think Nintendo needs the interconnected world approach due to no unifying theme with the different IP. I could see Zelda and Pokemon as big enough for similar lands, but beyond them it actually wouldn't surprise me to see IPs pop up as standalone rides like Transformers or Kong.

That's changing this year, or at least for Christmas.

Well, that's Christmas. Putting some ornaments and Christmas trees here and there isn't quite as raunchy as placing dead bodies and scare actors with chain saws everywhere, which is typically what happens to the other themed areas during HHN. Seuss Landing also gets the holiday treatment during the winter.

Neoxon

I am curious how Nintendo Phase 2 could look. Potter is heading into Phase 3 soon with the rumored replacements for Dragon Challenge, which leads to 3 interconnected WWOHP lands. However, unlike Potter I don't think Nintendo needs the interconnected world approach due to no unifying theme with the different IP. I could see Zelda and Pokemon as big enough for similar lands, but beyond them it actually wouldn't surprise me to see IPs pop up as standalone rides like Transformers or Kong.
But as mentioned before, The Pokémon Company can be weird about these kinds of crossovers & means of promotion. As such, it wouldn't surprise me if Super Nintendo World sticks with EPD-made franchises (Zelda, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, ARMS, etc.) for the first few phases.

But as mentioned before, The Pokémon Company can be weird about these kinds of crossovers & means of promotion. As such, it wouldn't surprise me if Super Nintendo World sticks with EPD-made franchises (Zelda, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Splatoon, ARMS, etc.) for the first few phases.

I could see Pokemon being phase 3 after Mario/DK and Zelda. Nintendo/TPC would be leaving too much money on the table by ignoring it. It might take a while to work out the details, but a billboard on I-4 with Pikachu and the Universal Orlando logo will sell tickets like nobody's business.

Raitaro

I can't help but ask again: what about Europe?

Nintendo, please consider seeking out partnerships with (imo coolest in the world) parks De Efteling in The Netherlands and Phantasialand in Germany - they would fit perfectly because of their strong focus on fairy tales, fantasy and animatronics.

Neoxon

I could see Pokemon being phase 3 after Mario/DK and Zelda. Nintendo/TPC would be leaving too much money on the table by ignoring it. It might take a while to work out the details, but a billboard on I-4 with Pikachu and the Universal Orlando logo will sell tickets like nobody's business.
I can see it happening eventually, but probably in Phase 3 or 4 depending on how long it takes to work out the details. The problem is that given how TPC can be about crossovers, it could take a while.

Top Bottom