• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo files trademark for "Hyrule" in Japan, USA and Europe

Son Of D

Rösti;151449056 said:
The goods and services are not those of a tv series.

Not only that but I imagine the series will be called "The Legend of Zelda" as opposed to "Hyrule". If only because the TLoZ name is much more recognisable.

Brofield

Not only that but I imagine the series will be called "The Legend of Zelda" as opposed to "Hyrule". If only because the TLoZ name is much more recognisable.

Hyrule is a much more unique name, however. Fans will recognize it instantly, and casual observers might be drawn to it more than something generic like "The Legend of _____"

Betting the farm that Hyrule becomes the title of the Netflix series

Niosai

Hyrule is a much more unique name, however. Fans will recognize it instantly, and casual observers might be drawn to it more than something generic like "The Legend of _____"

This was my thought as soon as I saw this post. Kind of like how they call the Green Arrow show just "Arrow".

Schnozberry

A name like Hyrule also allows them to explore narratives and characters that will be original to the series.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update: On February 10, 2015, the USPTO issued an office action against the US application, detailing that the identification of goods was indefinite. On March 30, 2015, Nintendo submitted its response to this office action, and due to this, it has become a bit clearer what this is. Description here means goods and services.

Original description

Programs for consumer video game machines; optical discs, CD-ROMs recorded with programs for consumer video game machines; programs for hand-held games with liquid crystal displays; downloadable or installable programs and additional data for consumer video game machines; recorded compact discs; downloadable and storable image files

New description

Computer video game programs for consumer video game machines; optical discs, CD-ROMs recorded with video game programs for consumer video game machines; video game programs for hand-held games with liquid crystal displays; downloadable video game programs for consumer video game machines; recorded compact discs featuring video games; downloadable image files featuring images of characters and scenes from a computer game
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86429498&docId=ROA20150331174414#docIndex=0&page=1

This now concerns video game programs, not just programs for consumer video game machines. It's likely either a standalone game or a subtitle to an upcoming The Legend of Zelda game (probably the one for Wii U).

Golnei

Paper Hyrule would be amazing if it was done in the style of the original Paper Mario and TTYD.

A Paper Zelda which returned to the RPG structure of earlier Paper Mario games could be great, though it'd be interesting to see what art style they would go with. The Wind Waker murals are iconic, but might not be able to carry a full game - in addition, it'd probably overlap too much with ALBW's painting gimmick.

Hyrule Extreme Beach Volleyball.

tumblr_mx52b1BICC1sg539io1_1280.jpg

Itagaki is already working with Nintendo on Devil's Third, he working with Aonuma would be amazing.

I wonder what his thoughts are on Impa's whitewashing between SS and HW.

Top Bottom