• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo files trademark for "Wave Race" in Europe

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Give it to me.

I got Waverace over Mario at launch and did not regret it. This is how much I love Waverace 64.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That water with Switch graphics...this has to happen.

Rymuth

tenor.gif

Watch it be Mii'd the fuck out like 3DS Pilotwings was...

Honestly, I thought about the idea of a WaveRace Resort and thought it would be cool. Of course it would have the jet ski racing, but all sorts of water sports/activities could be implemented and that would get the IP to fit the current mold/expectation of video games by adding social events, etc.

Oh wow! I was all - no Zelda at launch - prolly no Switch at launch. But you could just pull me straight back in with a Waverace, Nintendo baby.

Its about time for a new one but I can't say I really understand the love for this series. Don't get me wrong Wave Race 64 is fantastic but there's a lot of IPs I'd put ahead of it. F-Zero for instance, which I strongly believe is in development.

Consider this: If it is a new Wave Race there is a high likelihood that some of you will be disappointed in it. What could Retro do with a modern Wave Race that would help it avoid the fate of the "disappointing" Bluestorm?

I enjoyed Bluestorm personally but a lot of people seem to dislike it greatly.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Consider this: If it is a new Wave Race there is a high likelihood that some of you will be disappointed in it. What could Retro do with a modern Wave Race that would help it avoid the fate of the "disappointing" Bluestorm?

I enjoyed Bluestorm personally but a lot of people seem to dislike it greatly.

I've had this idea for a new Wave Race in my mind for a while now, the gist of it is instead of jetskis you ride on these.

Is Wave Race 64 really that good to warrant such hype over a trademark?

It's one of a kind. No other game has captured racing on water so well. The thought of a modern version is extremely appealing because of that.

Modern audeinces accustomed to today's content bloat would probably laugh at its paltry amount of tracks, modes, etc., but what is there is extremely quality and timeless as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom