• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Nintendo flirted with a Hyrule Wars game, alien invasions, and Biker Link before BOTW

GregLombardi

Dec 5, 2008
I feel like this deserves its own thread. What on earth drugs were they using?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Feb 22, 2007
Well they did say they wanted to change up the series after Skyward Sword

Ray Down

Banned
Jan 5, 2015
Aliens are fine, the biker/guitar look is bad.

Unless they go full in on making the premise and world stupid in that it's terrible.

Mariolee

May 1, 2012
Every crazy fan theory about the next zelda game has actually been considered for an actual Zelda game lol

mjc

Nov 8, 2007
Super weird ideas here....but kind of interesting in their own way. An alien invasion Zelda would be........weird.

Shift Breaker

Jan 19, 2015
That last image is the most controversial, can't see people being too pleased that Link's signature weapon is an axe rather than a sword.

ForkNetwork

Banned
Apr 11, 2016
Yo, Alien Invasion sounds really cool

Reminds of the Aurum Arc in Kid Icarus, I would to see Ganondorf, Zelda and Link team up against the alien threat

Maxinas

Mar 2, 2016
Make all of this DLC content, and the Expansion pass would actually be worth buying. Alien mothership dungeon would be great.

The Big N

Banned
Feb 2, 2017
This is how they plan to resurrect the Metroid franchise... With a Zelda crossover title. The aliens invade and abduct Zelda. Link teams up with a familiar bounty hunter to get her back!

StreetsAhead

Jun 13, 2011
Kind of reminds me of the modern Fire Emblem stuff one of the producers talked about after Awakenings (and also how he kind of got his wish with some of visual ideas in the form of TMS)

ffdgh

Sep 30, 2011
The alien thing doesn't seem too out there since they've done that before. Biker link though...And not even using the master cycle from MK8

spock

Feb 17, 2007
I feel like this deserves its own thread. What on earth drugs were they using?

Shrooms, lots of them. I mean if you look at the ideas in creativity in many Nintendo games it would seem they get high as fuck on the reg and brain storm shit. :p

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Jun 15, 2015
Man I'm totally up for a "modern" interpretation of The Legend of Zelda. If a Castlevania game was able to be set in the 21st Century I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Zelda.

My brain is swirling with thoughts of Gitaroo Man because of that guitar-wielding Link and No More Heroes for a modern-day interpretation.

H3xum

Jan 26, 2011
What the crap.

I mean, I know the timeline is all jacked and made up on the fly basically but...

What the crap

jdstorm

Banned
Jan 21, 2016
Link looks like Hes Wanted Dead or Alive Era Bonjovi in the "Biker Link" concept art