• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo flirted with a Hyrule Wars game, alien invasions, and Biker Link before BOTW

I feel like this deserves its own thread. What on earth drugs were they using?

C527vDVVAAAIGp8.jpg

6OE7pEsQ3DHtc2k7P5RZ2xXH2c1wK.jpg

C528JJ-U0AEdFsn.jpg:large

Ray Down

Banned
Aliens are fine, the biker/guitar look is bad.

Unless they go full in on making the premise and world stupid in that it's terrible.

mjc

Super weird ideas here....but kind of interesting in their own way. An alien invasion Zelda would be........weird.

That last image is the most controversial, can't see people being too pleased that Link's signature weapon is an axe rather than a sword.

Yo, Alien Invasion sounds really cool

Reminds of the Aurum Arc in Kid Icarus, I would to see Ganondorf, Zelda and Link team up against the alien threat

Maxinas

Make all of this DLC content, and the Expansion pass would actually be worth buying. Alien mothership dungeon would be great.

The Big N

Banned
This is how they plan to resurrect the Metroid franchise... With a Zelda crossover title. The aliens invade and abduct Zelda. Link teams up with a familiar bounty hunter to get her back!

Honestly I've been waiting for that future lightsaber/motorcycle Zelda game for so many years now, and the potential that they'll visit it after BotW is exciting.

Kind of reminds me of the modern Fire Emblem stuff one of the producers talked about after Awakenings (and also how he kind of got his wish with some of visual ideas in the form of TMS)

Servbot24

Banned
I feel like this deserves its own thread. What on earth drugs were they using?

That's how early stages of game development go. Behind every finished games there are hundreds of unused ideas. The early stages are also the best time to go crazy. I'll bet you there's wilder stuff than this they're not showing.

ffdgh

The alien thing doesn't seem too out there since they've done that before. Biker link though...And not even using the master cycle from MK8
KuGsj.gif

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Man I'm totally up for a "modern" interpretation of The Legend of Zelda. If a Castlevania game was able to be set in the 21st Century I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Zelda.

My brain is swirling with thoughts of Gitaroo Man because of that guitar-wielding Link and No More Heroes for a modern-day interpretation.

H3xum

What the crap.

I mean, I know the timeline is all jacked and made up on the fly basically but...

What the crap

Top Bottom