• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo France sales expectations

ArmGunar

It's the most ambitious launch game since many console generations.

Mario Kart Deluxe a few weeks later following by Arms, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim, Splatoon2. Games like Fast RMX in between. When reaching the holidays the line-up is probably better than for any other Nintendo console before in the first 8 month.

Maybe the most ambitious yeah but there is a reason

It's easy to say the most ambitious game on a console launch when you don't release games on Wii U for 2 years ... and this "ambitious game" is originally a Wii U game which has been ported on Switch to show a pretend line-up at launch.

netBuff

And how do you know this?

Because he's talking about selling 95'000 consoles on the first day? Unless you think all of those were pre-ordered, which would be ridiculous.

And he's obviously talking to a games website now because he's doing his part in trying to drum up interest in the Switch.

jonno394

Because he's talking about selling 95'000 consoles on the first day? Unless you think all of those were pre-ordered, which would be ridiculous.

And he's obviously talking to a games website now because he's doing his part in trying to drum up interest in the Switch.

I think it's easy to assume that their 95K is based on the current pre-order outlook. They know they have X amount of pre-orders and assume/hope they will move an extra Y amount of consoles to people without pre-orders. Just depends on the sizes of X and Y.

jaxom

Day 1 and preorder should be not far away from each other. There are temporary shortages in France on preorders even if it's not definitive shortages like in the US.

netBuff

I think it's easy to assume that their 95K is based on the current pre-order outlook. They know they have X amount of pre-orders and assume/hope they will move an extra Y amount of consoles to people without pre-orders. Just depends on the sizes of X and Y.

Basically, we don't know anything and this is PR fluff.

Shiggy

He gives this number when talking about the 100℅ attach rate for Zelda, so that's unlikely.

I don't really see the link you draw here. He says they'll have 95k systems available day one, and also probably an attachment rate of 100% for Zelda. This is what they expect/supply.

Orgen

Can't wait for Switch to sell 105 millions consoles LTD!!! !!111!!!11!!!

Cut out the hyperbole and victimism please... you always do the same thing and is tiring.

Don't you think that he'll have a lot more data than us to make these bold claims? preorder numbers, future lineup for the whole 2017, surveys to gauge interest...? or are you in a better position as an armchair in GAF? Don't make me laugh please.

These are optimistic expectations, no doubt. But calling them out of touch when you don't even have the 5% of data that they have makes you a pitiful ignorant, sorry to say that.

Nintendo is pretty strong in France.

So is Sony though, I guess Nintendo can play the "handled" card to differentiate itself.

I remember the press murdered Nintendo for the price and the opinion was overwhelmingly negative because of it.

Then they changed the price to make it cheaper.

Is it only that amazing new prize on amazon.fr, or is there any other store (physical included) that has the amazon price?

Im thinking of going from spain to france to get one and bring it, becuase the price here is still shit, and amazon.fr doesnt send switch to Spain (the do send zelda BotW though).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Cut out the hyperbole and victimism please... you always do the same thing and is tiring.

Don't you think that he'll have a lot more data than us to make these bold claims? preorder numbers, future lineup for the whole 2017, surveys to gauge interest...? or are you in a better position as an armchair in GAF? Don't make me laugh please.

These are optimistic expectations, no doubt. But calling them out of touch when you don't even have the 5% of data that they have makes you a pitiful ignorant, sorry to say that.

Following me through threads, insult me deliberately while I never touch you and other users directly, looking for one year old post without context to attack me, calling me ignorant because expressing my opinions about videogame topics on NeoGAF (a videogame forum) as if you don't do that or as if this is against not oyet he rules utility also against the nature itself of the forum...

You are right, it is me the one out of touch with the usual videogame forum behaviour and rules.

So it is safe to criticise Patcher but of course I am in an armchair surrounded by my ignorance if I doubt Supecell forecast about Horizon (despite them having a pretty solid track record for absurd forecasts) or NoF PR Prego launch projections on switch

Got it! And pardon my hyperbolic attitude

martino

Orgen

Following me through threads, insult me deliberately while I never touch you and other users directly, looking for one year old post without context to attack me, calling me ignorant because expressing my opinions about videogame topics on NeoGAF (a videogame forum) as if you don't do that or as if this is against not oyet he rules utility also against the nature itself of the forum...

You are right, it is me the one out of touch with the usual videogame forum behaviour and rules.

So it is safe to criticise Patcher but of course I am in an armchair surrounded by my ignorance if I doubt Supecell forecast about Horizon (despite them having a pretty solid track record for absurd forecasts) or NoF PR Prego launch projections on switch

Got it! And pardon my hyperbolic attitude

Following what? I only read Nintendo, Steam and sales threads here, and you are in 2/3 of them! :p And now calling you ignorant is insulting? Do you know the very definition of ignorant? Let me help you:

Definition of ignorant
a : destitute of knowledge or education <an ignorant society>; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified <parents ignorant of modern mathematics>
b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence <ignorant errors>

As I told you before, you lack a lot of data. And when I say a lot, it's A LOT. Now, with this info from Nintendo France you have the guts to come here and say that they're out of touch (I won't say anything about Horizon projections because I didn't read the thread). Read the new data posted where it seems that it has better preorders than Wii for now and maybe you'll start to see the nonsense of your comment.

One thing is having wild predictions between us in Media Create threads and mocking us in good humour but trying to mock a Nintendo representant when he has all the data that you lack of... makes your comment a stupid one.

I don't mean to be harsh nor offend you (English is not my first language so maybe I didn't use the right words to express my opinion) but the only thing out of touch was your comment (that's why I laughed when Chris said the same).

ksamedi

Switch will do fine on launch and its not only because switch is a much better proposition than WiiU but because the marketing for Zeda has been very good and it looks like the most ambitious Zelda to date. I think sales of Zelda will be the highest for the series ever.

Just look at that poor line-up ... everyone who purchase day one has to buy Zelda, it's the only ambitious game.

That 100% attach rate isn't a sign that Nintendo can boast about

I still vividly remember as a kid getting a N64 early at KB Toys and the person in front me bought one as well but with Pilotwings 64 instead of Mario. I remember it not just because of that, but because it was in a mall and one of the employees was standing outside the door watching another employee at Babbage's. The moment Babbage's broke the street date the employee watching the store gave the thumbs up for KBT to do the same.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm surprised noone has commented the 25%/20k preorder week one sales estimate for 1,2 Switch in France.

It's pretty high.

Matbtz

I guess it's possible to match Wii U numbers in Switch's first year. There are a lot of great titles/system sellers coming :
- LoZ BotW
- MK8
- Splat2n
- Mario Odyssey

That's already huge ! The holidays season with a cool bundle and the Switch will sell like hotcakes imo.
And I bet we will also see Smash bros port and Pokemon Stars before the end of the first year. And you can quote me on this : Metroid in 2018.

Edit :
We're also likely going to see Retro's title at E3. I doubt it will be Metroid but I'm betting it'll be something that will cause a lot of hype and ideally not another 2D Donkey Kong (come at me). I could definitely see the Switch selling 10 million in its first year worldwide and matching the Wii U lifetime sales in certain regions.

Yes I'm pretty sure they keep Retro's title as a big gun for E3 (New IP please?), and maybe we will see Xenoblade outside of japan in one year, with extra luck.

I guess it's possible to match Wii U numbers in Switch's first year. There are a lot of great titles/system sellers coming :
- LoZ BotW
- MK8
- Splat2n
- Mario Odyssey

That's already huge ! The holidays season with a cool bundle and the Switch will sell like hotcakes imo.
And I bet we will also see Smash bros port and Pokemon Stars before the end of the first year. And you can quote me on this : Metroid in 2018.

We're also likely going to see Retro's title at E3. I doubt it will be Metroid but I'm betting it'll be something that will cause a lot of hype and ideally not another 2D Donkey Kong (come at me). I could definitely see the Switch selling 10 million in its first year worldwide and matching the Wii U lifetime sales in certain regions.

Zedark

- LoZ BotW
- MK8
- Splat2n
- Mario Odyssey

Edit :

Yes I'm pretty sure they keep Retro's title as a big gun for E3 (New IP please?), and maybe we will see Xenoblade outside of japan in one year, with extra luck.

Also the rumoured third version 7th gen pokémon game should potentially (that is, if it exists) make a huge splash for the Switch.

Edit: Whoops, I should learn to read properly!

LordKano

I don't really see the link you draw here. He says they'll have 95k systems available day one, and also probably an attachment rate of 100% for Zelda. This is what they expect/supply.

No, that's not what he implies. He talks about Zelda preorders, says how the Switch version is vastly more preordered than the Wii U one, that it's almost a 100% attach rate for 95k consoles on day one. It's not what they expect.

Shiggy

No, that's not what he implies. He talks about Zelda preorders, says how the Switch version is vastly more preordered than the Wii U one, that it's almost a 100% attach rate for 95k consoles on day one. It's not what they expect.

It might have vastly more preorders, but the 100% attach rate for 95k consoles isn't just for the preorders. How would they even know such a precise number? That's what they ship to retailers on day 1.

daxgame

sorry for the bump but...

French Manager M. Lavoué shared sales objectives with Gamekult.com: http://www.gamekult.com/actu/nintendo-france-on-change-de-dimension-A173593.html

* Over 800K Switch this year (same as lifetime Wii U sales).
* Including 95K day one, with 100% Zelda conversion rate.
* Preorders are aligned with Wii figures.

Holy crap if mr. Lavouè was right ! :O (well, that 100% didn't happen but... damn)
There are some posts on the first page...

will be interesting to see if the other prediction will become true. That one looks harder

DbaziNews

Neo Member
Nintendo Switch is the fastest-selling games console in France, with 911,000 consoles sold during 2017.
It smashes previous records held by Wii (703,000) and PS4 (650,000).
Super Mario Odyssey was the best-selling Switch game with 512,000 units sold, just ahead of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which shifted 508,000. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild delivered 410,000 units, with Splatoon 2 on 252,000 and 1-2-Switch at a little over 200,000. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle with around 150,000 units sold. FIFA 18 sales sit at 73,000, with Rayman Legends and Just Dance at around 50,000.
Source

Last edited:
Top Bottom