• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo France: some more sales number (Tomodachi @ 1m in EU)

L~A

A short interview of Philippe Lavoué from Nintendo France was published on Le Figaro, and there's some more sales numbers for France and Europe.

1) he talks about amiibo, which are quite successful (though he doesn't give any number other than the 200k target for this year). All figures are quite popular, though some are harder to find (Kirby and Wii Fit Trainer)
2) Smash Bros. for 3DS sold 220k since launch. Special bundle with 3DS XL + game back in stores this week.
3) Smash Bros. Wii U : still 200k target, though could get higher with christmas. They also confirm the Smash Bros + Basic Wii U bundle.
4) Wii U sold 490k (vs 340k in May). Still expecting 550k by the end of the year, and the Smash Bros. bundle should help.
5) Tomodachi Life sold over 400k units in France, and over 1m in Europe (200k in Germany). Only 10k of the 2DS + TL bundle left in France.
6) Pokémon OR/AS : over 400k units sold in 3 weeks. Expecting 500/540k by the end of the year.
7) Disney Magical World : all units for launch have been sold (50k), and there's already been new stocks sent to retailers. Surprised by this.
8) NSMB2 becoming hard to find, as it's been selling roughly 14K/week in the past few weeks.
9) Animal Crossing : New Leaf selling ~15k/week at the moment.

Source

mp1990

Banned
The Wii u bundle with SSB is exclusive for Europe ? I'm picking up one in January and i would certainly pick this bundle.

Lavoué also implies that Wii U and Xbox One are very close by now in France, and also admit that the PS4 is well above (no surprise here).

Lavoué also implies that Wii U and Xbox One are very close by now in France, and also admit that the PS4 is well above (no surprise here).
I think he only refers to 2014 numbers, I don't see the Bone selling 500.000 units in a year.

Google Translate said:
Hard to say for now. The first place of year-end sales should return to PlayStation 4, there is no debate. It will examine the early 2015 figures to see who wins second place between the Wii U and Xbox One.

L~A

The Wii u bundle with SSB is exclusive for Europe ? I'm picking up one in January and i would certainly pick this bundle.

Not only it's only for Europe, but it's also a limited edition (aka: not many units available, probably just enough for Christmas).

If Lavoue says that XBO and WiiU are very close for the year, we can calculate the XBO numbers.

WiiU sold around 200.000 units so far, if XBO is similar, it should have around 326.000 units by now (it sold 126.000 units in 2013), or a bit less, maybe 300.000 units.

PS4 should be well above 200.000 units and it's quite close to a million overall (according to a news a few weeks ago). It sold 240.000 units in 2013, therefore, it should've sold around 700.000 units so far in this year.

PS4: ~940.000 or more
Wii U: 490.000
XBO: ~300.000

All hail the Virtual Boy.

You're doing it wrong.

tumblr_n3tjp7I4021t0co30o1_500.gif

Ah, much better.

Fantasy Life bombed, I'm going to guess.

RIP RPGs

That game is huge, it will be a while before Nintendo tries another project like that.

We are never going to get Fantasy Life 2 in English, and I blame Multi 5.

L~A

Fantasy Life bombed, I'm going to guess.

RIP RPGs

That game is huge, it will be a while before Nintendo tries another project like that.

We are never going to get Fantasy Life 2 in English, and I blame Multi 5.

Yeah, blame it on Multi-5.

If there hadn't been Multi-5, it would have sold even worse. Now that's a good way to kill your franchise in the egg, heh ;)

Besides, without any concrete number, it's ludicrous to make any "dramatic" announcements... especially since the game sold out pretty quickly at launch in Europe (at least in France), so that means it sold above expectations. It hasn't sold nowhere near the amount of TL managed to pull, but it seems to have sold quite decently.

casiopao

Yeah, blame it on Multi-5.

If there hadn't been Multi-5, it would have sold even worse. Now that's a good way to kill your franchise in the egg, heh ;)

Besides, without any concrete number, it's ludicrous to make any "dramatic" announcements... especially since the game sold out pretty quickly at launch in Europe (at least in France), so that means it sold above expectations. It hasn't sold nowhere near the amount of TL managed to pull, but it seems to have sold quite decently.

Hope to God Tendo that this FL won't flop.T_T We need more RPG+Simulation kind of game.

Disney Magical is great, New Leaf is still eating my life. Hail Virtual Boy is my own wet dream with all my favorite shipping, FL is another one which gives me the feeling of DQ+simulation, Lost Valley is giving me a new Harvest Moon experience.^_^

Now, Konami where the hell is Tongari Boshi???

You guys know what, every company should try making their animal crossing clone here.^_^

Grizzo

Tomodachi Life is a mediocre game imo, so it being the biggest sleeper hit of 2014 really surprises me.

Great numbers all around. I'm impressed. Job well done, Nintendo!

casiopao

Tomodachi Life is a mediocre game imo, so it being the biggest sleeper hit of 2014 really surprises me.

It is the best game for Fanfiction fans though.^_^

Imagine Hitler had baby with Samus lol.^_^

Mr Swine

Banned

Well my sister loves the game and she thinks it's great, guess all the others think so too! :p

L~A

I really don't think it flopped, far from it.

About other AC clones... yeah, I guess publishers don't wanna risk anything, as they don't have the Disney label to help them.

Tomodachi became so popular with the weirdness of it all. Lots of trending on social media and blogs. Hopes this shows Nintendo their Japanese humor is appreciated outside of Japan as well. How about a new Captain Rainbow? ;D

Grizzo

It is the best game for Fanfiction fans though.^_^

Imagine Hitler had baby with Samus lol.^_^

Well my sister loves the game and she thinks it's great, guess all the others think so too! :p

I'm not gonna lie, I had fun with it for approximately 15 hours, which is pretty good already. But then it got way too repetitive for me. I just wish the next one is gonna have much more content.

Other than that, I'm happy that an IP that Nintendo just decided to launch throughout the world did great numbers! It's nice to see them succeed when they take risks.

wrowa

Can you clarify when he's talking about France and when about Europe in general? I assume most of the numbers are France-only (220k for Smash 3DS would be terrible for all of Europe, considering it sold 100k in Germany alone), but I can't quite imagine that ORAS sold 400k units in France alone.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Can you clarify when he's talking about France and when about Europe in general? I assume most of the numbers are France-only (220k for Smash 3DS would be terrible for all of Europe, considering it sold 100k in Germany alone), but I can't quite imagine that ORAS sold 400k units in France alone.

All numbers are France only. I don't see why ORAS couldn't sell 400k units in France alone.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Every German has two or three copies. :p

Anyway, I do like how open Nintendo FR are with sales figures. It would be nice if NCL would go back to being as open in their investor briefings.

I think they are "too open" with info in general: they even spoiled Smash amiibo use ;p

If someone want to create a thread : PlayStation France just announced one million PS4 in France, as december 17th. That's almost two months after Germany (october 21th). Philippe Cardon (SCE France) says the demand is stronger than for the PS2 at the time.

18-Volt

UK is really different from continental Europe + Ireland.

Europe is a classroom, UK is a jock type of kid whose interests are sports, cars and girls while France is geeky otaku type kid who watches anime and collects figures. Spain and Italy are just normal dudes who love sports and anime equally. Germany is the dork with the best grades who is always on his PC.

Mael

Every German has two or three copies. :p

Anyway, I do like how open Nintendo FR are with sales figures. It would be nice if NCL would go back to being as open in their investor briefings.
Lol!
I keep telling you people Nintendo FR is best Nintendo!
Nintendo does so well in France and Germany compared to UK that it's surprising.

Not really, it's well known that :

French loves Nintendo, that's for sure.

Europe is a classroom, UK is a jock type of kid whose interests are sports, cars and girls while France is geeky otaku type kid who watches anime and collects figures. Spain and Italy are just normal dudes who love sports and anime equally. Germany is the dork with the best grades who is always on his PC.

Lol! Kinda true.

SSB is the last thing I bought for my 3DS before leaving the country, I'm a little mad I missed SSBU :/

e:
8) NSMB2 becoming hard to find, as it's been selling roughly 14K/week in the past few weeks.
That's....interesting.
I guess I should be happy to have bought it new at release because there's no way it's ever dropping in price....again

NOE tweeted the success:
B5Np5dHIcAA7x0H.png:large

Their words:
#TomodachiLife has sold 1,000,000 copies in Europe!

That's a lot of Mii characters…

Aside from that I find it slightly amusing NOE were surprised to see Disney Magical World even sell 50,000, would explain why they were so late in releasing it but hey better late than never *cries for Devilish Brain Training* (maybe that is reading their comment a tad the wrong way and it is more of a "we didn't expect to have to restock this so soon")

bomma_man

I'm not gonna lie, I had fun with it for approximately 15 hours, which is pretty good already. But then it got way too repetitive for me. I just wish the next one is gonna have much more content.

Other than that, I'm happy that an IP that Nintendo just decided to launch throughout the world did great numbers! It's nice to see them succeed when they take risks.

Looking at what they've been hesitant to translate in the past, it's crazy that they're still so conservative. They almost didn't localise fucking smash bros, we didn't get the first animal crossing and Europe almost missed the second one, there had to be a grassroots campaign before Xenoblade got a western release, and obviously we didn't get the first tamodachi on a console with an audience that you'd assume would be far more receptive to it than the 3DS'.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
NOE tweeted the success:
B5Np5dHIcAA7x0H.png:large

Their words:

Aside from that I find it slightly amusing NOE were surprised to see Disney Magical World even sell 50,000, would explain why they were so late in releasing it but hey better late than never *cries for Devilish Brain Training* (maybe that is reading their comment a tad the wrong way and it is more of a "we didn't expect to have to restock this so soon")

Those 50,000 were sales just in France, not overall Europe.

Mael

Looking at what they've been hesitant to translate in the past, it's crazy that they're still so conservative. They almost didn't localise fucking smash bros, we didn't get the first animal crossing and Europe almost missed the second one, there had to be a grassroots campaign before Xenoblade got a western release, and obviously we didn't get the first tamodachi on a console with an audience that you'd assume would be far more receptive to it than the 3DS'.

Huh, NO.
NoE did the job like it should have and I'm almost certain that with or without Rainfall we would have gotten Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower.
Heck we got Fatal Frame 2 while you weren't looking.
We even got the shitty Camera game from the Fatal Frame team.

Sakujou

Banned
germany is the country of playstation and pc gamer.

UK, france and spain are the big consolegaming nations in europe.

i wonder why germany sucks in this field... we had crytek, part of it left to the US, as well as back then factor 5... now we only have those big f2p-companies such as big point games, good game studios and other "insert yet another generic named"-studio.

good to hear about nintendo having a good time selling their stuff.... yet it makes me sad, that nintendo alone is selling their stuff on wii u. there is no other comany publishing games on the wii u. at least it doesnt feel like it.

except zombi u and splinter cell, i dont own ANY game from another company except nintendo.

kunonabi

Tomodachi Life is amazing and easily my 3DS game of the year.

Celine

What a failure to not having localized the first Tomodachi.
The first Tomodachi could not be localized for technical reasons, the speech engine wasn't fully functional for english on the weak DS (the game still sold 3.7M in Japan alone).

I'm not sure you fully know what you are talking about.

Huh, NO.
NoE did the job like it should have and I'm almost certain that with or without Rainfall we would have gotten Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower.
Heck we got Fatal Frame 2 while you weren't looking.
We even got the shitty Camera game from the Fatal Frame team.

spirit camera? oh don't worry, america did get that hot property even if fatal frame 2, 4, and 5 passed us over.

Top Bottom