• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo From Now [Bah Bah Text!]

jonno394

Nintendo should fill the gaps with HD remakes. Get a smaller team to use the 3D world assets and release a Mario 64 HD. Get Retro's second team to quickly pump out Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, bring Luigis mansion HD (either the GCN or 3DS title) on to the Wii U.

I'd buy all 3.

Some Nobody

You think it would be small and people would be bummed with a two minute Zelda trailer?

I'm saying people have set their expectations WAY too high. When people are like, "Maybe we'll get a blow out of Nintendo stuff!", then even something amazing like a long-ass Zelda trailer is going to disappoint.

Personally With my expectations it's impossible to disappoint: if it's a new Smash character? Cool. If it's nothing? I'll just mark it down as Loltendo and move on.

Can anyone clear something up for me. That new building. Is it just a merging of teams and then get rid of their old buildings, or are they keeping their old buildings? I assume they aren't hiring an additional 1500 devs.

But what if VGX had a Nintendo Direct? Would that mean Nintendo is serious or not?

A Nintendo Direct next month is certainly a possibility. Even without going in to major surprises, they could talk about more details of the 3DS's update, and in Japan they could talk about Kirby, which is coming on January 11th, but we've only seen one trailer.

Of course, any information could be done with mini-Directs, or none at all.

Nintendo should fill the gaps with HD remakes. Get a smaller team to use the 3D world assets and release a Mario 64 HD. Get Retro's second team to quickly pump out Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, bring Luigis mansion HD (either the GCN or 3DS title) on to the Wii U.

I'd buy all 3.

Since they have the program that allows them to convert/transfer Gamecube assets to Wii U quickly (or something, I'm not a dev) and not every game would require the re-working of TWW, and that they can out-source any required texture work, I can see them releasing at least a couple more HD Remakes to fill the gaps in the future.

Can anyone clear something up for me. That new building. Is it just a merging of teams and then get rid of their old buildings, or are they keeping their old buildings? I assume they aren't hiring an additional 1500 devs.

I'll be honest, I'm not 100% sure on the details (I don't know if anyone outside of the details), but it's my understanding that even if they brought the teams stated in the OP and their hardware dev teams, there'd still be room to potentially expand by a couple of hundred people. I could be very, very, very wrong, though.

casiopao

To Streets there. I had question here. About that Seaman game project.

I remember there that Iwata said that Nintendo is considering reviving many old/relic IP's. But till now, none has come out. Can we conclude that there is some change of plan in Nintendo here?

Also, I guess you can also add Nintendo buying stakes on NicoNico and Panasonic(can't really remember this one sorry) as it looks kinda important.

To Streets there. I had question here. About that Seaman game project.

I remember there that Iwata said that Nintendo is considering reviving many old/relic IP's. But till now, none has come out. Can we conclude that there is some change of plan in Nintendo here?

Also, I guess you can also add Nintendo buying stakes on NicoNico and Panasonic(can't really remember this one sorry) as it looks kinda important.

Iwata said via Twitter that that report was, at least partially, untrue and called it 'gossip-magazine level reporting'. Now, we do have these trademarks that clearly point to Seaman, or something very simillar (and that random Santa Seaman from a year ago), so take that for what it is.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/172300946716639232

I have added the PUX and Dwango acquisition news to the OP, along with the Eternal Darkness trademark, and more stuff on Miyamoto's project.

Wait...

Zelda at the VDX? That would be mind fucking blowing

Purely speculation on my part, based on the fact that they've wanted to show something about the game two times already this year, and that a Zelda announcement would potentially work well with the general VGX audience. It's not a particularly likely scenario, to be honest.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
As nofair said, they make most of their money from 3DS, so yes, they do. Even Super Mario 3D World failed to revitalize WiiU (in Japan, but it will most likely fail worldwide if Japan is any indication). And if Super Mario game completely fails, regardless of it being a fantastic game and main entry in the series (not a side show Mario), you just know that your console is dead. It's super dead. It's MEGA DEAD.

3DS is where the money is, 3DS is where the focus should be. I'm not saying that they shouldn't make games on WiiU, but nothing in this world can help it. Unfortunately, Nintendo is stuck supporting it in order to avoid buyer's hate. If you ask me, they'd kill it this instant if their buyers would forgive them.

I dont think japan is any indication, infact I think its the worse indication of all, everyone knows its handheld country and the sales pretty much reflect how it should have sold, its not gonna have 1:1 sales with every single wii U sold.

Javier

Wasn't there some story about how Intelligent Systems was allegedly working on an unannounced Wii U title?
Yes.

I am currently working on an unannounced title for the Wii U, as well as providing tools support for other internal teams.

Shipped Titles:
•Paper Mario : Sticker Star
•Game & Wario
•Eco Shooter Plant 530,
•Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero .

casiopao

Iwata said via Twitter that that report was, at least partially, untrue and called it 'gossip-magazine level reporting'. Now, we do have these trademarks that clearly point to Seaman, or something very simillar (and that random Santa Seaman from a year ago), so take that for what it is.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/172300946716639232

I have added the PUX and Dwango acquisition news to the OP, along with the Eternal Darkness trademark, and more stuff on Miyamoto's project.

Oh great job there on OT. Hope you will keep adding news there. ^_^ I will try to look for more info too.

And, I am kinda sad on Iwata response there.T_T here, I thought we had chance to see more older franchise coming back.

December Nintendo Direct

Iwata: Hello, I hope you've been enjoying your new Wii Us. Here's some stuff!

- DK:TF trailer showing new playable character, Rosalina
- Mario Kart 8 trailer showing off new levels and characters (including Sonic and Pac-Man), dated for April 2014
- Super Smash Bros. trailer with some new character reveals and returning favorites like Mewtwo, dated for May 2014 WHOAAAA, some bonus for buying both versions of the game
- Super Wario 3D World, summer release
- Bayonetta 2 is a holiday 2014 release, Bayonetta 1 coming to Wii U with some bonus features in the summer
- X story trailer, it's vaguely connected to the Xenoblade universe, August 2014.
- Pokken Fighters, Namco x Nintendo (together at last!)
- Sonic Adventure 3, WHOAAAA! collaboration with Nintendo. Holiday 2014
- Miyamoto's new IP, it's character-based and charming as fuck! Sometime in 2014.
- Some aggressive ass third party moneyhatting: GTA V for Wii U (DLC campaign exclusivity), The World Ends With U, Red Steel 3
- Zelda U (AHHH) 2014 (AHHHHHHH) Trailer at VGX (VLEKJEWLFWEGWGEW)

PEACE (drops mic)

Some Nobody

December Nintendo Direct

- Mario Kart 8 trailer showing off new levels and characters (including Sonic and Pac-Man), dated for April 2014
- Super Smash Bros. trailer with some new character reveals and returning favorites like Mewtwo, dated for May 2014 WHOAAAA, some bonus for buying both versions of the game
- Bayonetta 2 is a holiday 2014 release, Bayonetta 1 coming to Wii U with some bonus features in the summer
- X story trailer, it's vaguely connected to the Xenoblade universe, August 2014.
- Miyamoto's new IP, it's character-based and charming as fuck! Sometime in 2014.
- Some aggressive ass third party moneyhatting: GTA V for Wii U (DLC campaign exclusivity), The World Ends With U, Red Steel 3

PEACE (drops mic)

If Nintendo did this, since news in their Direct is eventually going to filter out onto news sites within minutes, THAT would be an indication that they stopped fucking around.

Swap GTA V for SMT x FE though, since that's just imagination. But outside of that? It's possible. But......

Kimawolf

wow great thread OP.

I didn't realize Nintendo had so much work going on, that leaves me optimistic. I do wish they expanded more though, created a few more teams to begin working on games more appealing to the western demographic. Got to get them to buy the system then flood them with the great Mario titles.

But it's good to see there is a lot of work going on. and as for VGX, I expect to see Zelda U and something tells me it'll be a surreal look not a realistic one, but not a cartoony one either. I also think we'll see some random 3rd party game announced for Wii U, most likely some Japanese game that will make people go "whaaa?" good or bad who knows lol.

Oh great job there on OT. Hope you will keep adding news there. ^_^ I will try to look for more info too.

And, I am kinda sad on Iwata response there.T_T here, I thought we had chance to see more older franchise coming back.

Well, Reggie has talked about reviving more franchises. Even if theoretical discussion only, it's something at least he's thinking about.

Any word on when that page was last updated? (i.e. pre/post SMT X FE announcement)

Some Nobody

Yeah, it'd be pretty impressive if Intelligent Design could do Fire Emblem: Awakening, SMT x FE, AND something else, but...it seems unlikely.

Anth0ny

December Direct:

-Please buy Super Mario 3D World
-Please buy Zelda: Link Between Worlds
-Zelda is in Smash Bros
-Here is Donkey Kong footage
-Here is Mario Kart footage. Spring 2014.
-Happy holidays everyone!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
December Nintendo Direct

PEACE (drops mic)

A couple of these things are possible which is crazy

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I really do wonder if we could see Sonic in Mario Kart (weren't there rumors about Sumo Digital assisting on Mario Kart 8 pre-reveal?), I mean, it makes more sense than Olympics.

Also Pac-Man's been in Mario Kart already in the Arcade versions. Which is the first Namco x Nintendo collaboration iirc.

Yeah, it'd be pretty impressive if Intelligent Design could do Fire Emblem: Awakening, SMT x FE, AND something else, but...it seems unlikely.

Ahm, FEA was released back in April 2012 in Japan, although at least a couple of people were working on DLC for it. SMT x FE seems to be mostly Atlus developed, but we're not sure exaclty yet.

Other than that, on the two current systems, IntSys has worked on Game & Wario and Band Bros. P with SPD, Paper Mario Sticker Star with Vanpool, and developed Pushmo and Crashmo. They're quite a busy little team.

casiopao

Ahm, FEA was released back in April 2012 in Japan, although at least a couple of people were working on DLC for it. SMT x FE seems to be mostly Atlus developed, but we're not sure exaclty yet.

Other than that, on the two current systems, IntSys has worked on Game & Wario and Band Bros. P with SPD, Paper Mario Sticker Star with Vanpool, and developed Pushmo and Crashmo. They're quite a busy little team.

Street, do you know how many people IntSys consist? I keep hearing that they help on one and another game here which makes it look that they had a huge member to spare.

I'd be happy with any one of these:
-X trailer
-Bayo 2 trailer
-Zelda U trailer

Bonus:
-Actual new character for Smash with footage.

Of course I will take trailers that show nothing new and delays and like it :(

Street, do you know how many people IntSys consist? I keep hearing that they help on one and another game here which makes it look that they had a huge member to spare.

According to here, as of October 2013, they have 130 staff members (bigger than Retro & Monolith, smaller than HAL Labs).

Men: 100
Women: 30

Programmers: 58
Hardware Engineers: 5
Game Designers/Planners: 11
Graphic Designers: 42
Sound Creatores: 7
Admin: 7

Some Nobody

I stand corrected. It's completely possible then. A new T-RPG would not upset me at all.

A couple of these things are possible which is crazy

Most of it is VERY possible. Unfortunately...

December Direct:

-Please buy Super Mario 3D World
-Please buy Zelda: Link Between Worlds
-Zelda is in Smash Bros
-Here is Donkey Kong footage
-Here is Mario Kart footage. Spring 2014.

-Happy holidays everyone!

The bolded would make me cry as a renewed Nintendo fan.

casiopao

According to here, as of October 2013, they have 130 staff members (bigger than Retro & Monolith, smaller than HAL Labs).

Men: 100
Women: 30

Programmers: 58
Hardware Engineers: 5
Game Designers/Planners: 11
Graphic Designers: 42
Sound Creatores: 7
Admin: 7

With that amount of emloyees, I am not going to be suprised, if we see other IntSys team making other game here. If I am not mistaken too, Nintendo loves to use its employees from other sides to help each other right? Even third party collab too.

December Nintendo Direct

PEACE (drops mic)

Sonic Adventure 3 exclusive to Wii U would make me SCREAM with joy! :D

The others sans the moneyhatting part (and maybe Wario 3D World XD) looks very realistic honestly! Would fucking kill to finally see Pokken Fighters.

Sonic Adventure 3 exclusive to Wii U would make me SCREAM with joy! :D

The others sans the moneyhatting part (and maybe Wario 3D World XD) looks very realistic honestly! Would fucking kill to finally see Pokken Fighters.
Yeah the moneyhatting was thrown in ftwacky. Dock that off and add in

- Series of HD remasters of select N64/Gamecube games to plug in gaps in the release schedules, starting with Mario 64

As for Wario 3D World, maybe not that but a Mario 3D World expansion of some kind would be cool. I honestly do hope Nintendo opts for more projects like NSLU - it holds us over between the big Mario/Zelda/etc games, but it's essentially DLC so they can't really be accused of milking.

Top Bottom