• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo @ Gamescom - Streaming Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, more

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...twitter&utm_campaign=gamescom2017|Line-Up|w32

The Nintendo booth at gamescom 2017 is set to showcase some of this year's biggest games for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems, and we'll be livestreaming some of those titles on YouTube and our gamescom 2017 website in English.Hungry for more footage of Super Mario Odyssey for Nintendo Switch? On Wednesday 23rd August at 14:00 BST, get a fresh look at gameplay with a special developer talk from producer Yoshiaki Koizumi. Attendees in Cologne, Germany, will also be able to play in the Metro Kingdom and Sand Kingdom ahead of the game's launch on October 27th.

Metroid: Samus Returns enters the limelight on Thursday 24th August at 11:00 BST, with producer Yoshio Sakamoto and José Luis Márquez, creative director of developer MercurySteam, taking to the stage to showcase Samus Aran's upcoming adventure on Nintendo 3DS family systems. A special orange New Nintendo 3DS XL Samus Edition arrives alongside the game on September 15th.

On top of this, live presentations featuring product experts from Nintendo of Europe will also give detailed looks at previously announced titles for Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS family systems, including Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Stay tuned for the full schedule in the coming weeks.

Stream
Schedule:

All times listed in BST.

Tuesday August 22nd

10:00 – Splatoon 2 Turf Wars presentation

Wednesday August 23rd

10:00 - 10:30 – ARMS – Lola Pop gameplay

12:00 - 12:30 – Splatoon 2 – Salmon Run gameplay

12:30 - 13:00 – Mario + Rabbids® Kingdom Battle gameplay with Ubisoft

14:00 - 14:30 – Super Mario Odyssey presentation with Mr Koizumi

15:00 - 15:30 – Super Mario Odyssey gameplay

16:00 - 18:00 – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament

Thursday August 24th

10:00 - 10:30 – EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 gameplay

11:00 - 11:30 – Metroid: Samus Returns presentation with Mr Sakamoto and MercurySteam's José Luis Márquez

12:00 - 12:30 – Metroid: Samus Returns gameplay

12:30 - 13:00 – Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions gameplay

15:00 - 15:30 – Charles Martinet discusses classic games with Fabian Döhla

16:00 - 18:00 – Splatoon 2 tournament

Friday August 25th

10:00 - 10:30 – Super Mario Odyssey gameplay recap with Charles Martinet

12:00 - 13:00 – Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gameplay

15:00 - 15:30 – Nine Parchments gameplay with Frozenbyte

16:00 - 18:00 – Pokkén Tournament DX tournament

Saturday August 26th

10:00 - 10:30 – Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay

12:00 - 12:30 – SteamWorld Dig 2 with Image & Form

12:30 - 13:00 – Flipping Death gameplay with Zoink Games

15:00 - 15:30 – Yoku's Island Express gameplay with Villa Gorilla

16:00 - 18:00 – ARMS tournament

wrowa

Are they usually live-streaming their gamescom stage show? I don't remember. It's always really weird in a strangely likable way, though.

sinonobu

Banned
So pumped for more Xenoblade 2!

My most hyped game of 2017!

With all these Nintendo news in the last hr. A direct has to arriving this week or next week.

They usually announce the Direct on Monday so I'm expecting one next week.

It'll probably get announced today because I said this

Effect

I hope it's a new build of Xenoblade 2. Feature wise I'm good with what they showed at E3 but even they admitted the game was still being polished graphically. Assuming the E3 build was an older one by a few months I hope they managed to make a new one to show off graphical improvements. They need to show that if that game is really releasing this year like they keep claiming and they want it to do well. It can not look worse then Xenoblade Chronicles X which looked great.

If they need to delay it so it looks better I don't think many would be surprised or complain. I'd rather it be delayed then rushed if they do indeed need more time to make it look better.

oti

Banned
Are they usually live-streaming their gamescom stage show? I don't remember. It's always really weird in a strangely likable way, though.

Cant remember. I think they usually hire someone and play games on stage. No idea how they'll do this though. German? English? Koizumi is there, so it seems like they're treating gamescom pretty seriously this time.

wrowa

I hope it's a new build of Xenoblade 2. Feature wise I'm good with what they showed at E3 but even they admitted the game was still being polished graphically. Assuming the E3 build was an older one by a few months I hope they managed to make a new one to show off graphical improvements. They need to show that if that game is really releasing this year like they keep claiming.

If they need to delay it so it looks better I don't think many would be surprised or complain. I'd rather it be delayed then rushed if they do indeed need more time to make it look better.

Yeah, the E3 build looked really rough. I'm still hoping the game was at that point only optimized for handheld mode (makes sense to target handheld mode first as a baseline) and is improving significantly until release.

Hustler

For someone who is not familiar with XB, what other games can I relate this to? And do I need to play the previous game to play the 2nd one?

Peltz

For someone who is not familiar with XB, what other games can I relate this to? And do I need to play the previous game to play the 2nd one?

For question 1: it's a JRPG with a very large world to explore and a combat system that is superficially similar to MMORPGs. There's really nothing else like it though as far as other games to play that are like it,

For question 2: The answer is likely no.

Reki

In for more XC2! Apart from music we haven't heard much of the game outside of E3, which is weird because I though they would use the XCX model of small updates. It may be more of a Nintendo thing in that they want every game to have a controlled flow of news to not interfere with the others in a packed schedule.

As far as gameplay goes. FF XII is the closest comparison. As for your second question, you don't need to play the previous games. It's a self contained story.

They've already shown way too much Mario...

Here's hoping the Xenoblade sound effects have been changed!

Eh, they've only shown proper gameplay of three kingdoms so far and we know there's at least seven.

The lack of emphasis on Xenoblade in the press release makes me wonder if they're just going to use the E3 demo.

They usually announce the Direct on Monday so I'm expecting one next week.

It'll probably get announced today because I said this

I thought they did often announce Thursday Directs on Tuesdays...

But with all this news coming out I'm not sure a Direct is even needed. I kept thinking they needed an indie/third party Direct but it seems that a solid amount of games are being announced on their own so maybe they don't...

Bulzeeb

How about a taste of next year's games, Nintendo? Just a taste...

you cant rush art

5028801_std.jpg

It's just odd considering that they announced the release date for Xenoblade X at E3 and that game released in December.

Ah, good point! I had forgotten about that.

Xenoblade X was finished by that point though (outside of some localization) and had released in Japan. Xenoblade 2 is still in development, so they likely haven't fully nailed down an exact date yet.

sinonobu

Banned

But with all this news coming out I'm not sure a Direct is even needed. I kept thinking they needed an indie/third party Direct but it seems that a solid amount of games are being announced on their own so maybe they don't...

There's still some good chunk of third party games that have been teased over the weeks (Platinum, Ubisoft, etc) and we don't really know release date for some indie games that were revealed long time ago (owlboy, hollow knight, etc).

These with some obvious first/third party games like Mario&Sonic Pyeongchang Olympics, and update on some fall titles like Mario Odyssey&Xenoblade 2 could make a Direct.

mrmickfran

Ah, good point! I had forgotten about that.

Xenoblade X was finished by that point though (outside of some localization) and had released in Japan. Xenoblade 2 is still in development, so they likely haven't fully nailed down an exact date yet.
Oh yeah, I forgot they're shooting for a worldwide release this time.

How about a taste of next year's games, Nintendo? Just a taste...

Seriously, why?

They have already many (and probably great) Switch games for Aug-Dec 2017. And they probably sell every Switch they can produce this year anyway.

So it makes not much sense to show next years games yet, so that some people who want these games buy a Switch now out of curiosity? They can convince these people to buy a Switch next year, so that at least the people who want to play 2017 games like Zelda, Splatoon2, Xenoblade 2, Odyssey, Skyrim, Rabbids etc. are able to buy a Switch now.

-shadow-

Can't wait to hear the release date of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Nothing but hype. About to get the original for the third time now, this time the N3DS release!

Lately Nintendo has announced Directs on a Monday. Here's to next week we get one.

Ridley327

is Xenoblade still on track for 2017 for North America

Unless something changes at Gamescom, it's a worldwide release this year. Content-wise, it looked like it was pretty much done at E3, and they confirmed as much as they're heading into the polishing period, which everyone agrees is needed. Not that it looked awful or anything, but we're not quite at Xenoblade X levels of HOLY CRAP, MY (insert Nintendo console here) CAN DO THIS?!? excitement.

Awesome! Not entirely sure I want to see more Mario footage though. I'm beyond sold at this point and just want to play the darn game.

Is it normal for companies like Nintendo to not post their full schedule for Gamescom yet? Trying to see if I should get hype for a potential Direct next week.

Top Bottom