• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Germany announces its gamescom lineup

Shiggy

Wii U
- Mario Kart 8 (out now)
- Super Smash Bros. (out now)
- Splatoon (out now)
- Super Mario Maker (September 11)
- Skylanders SuperChargers (September 25)
- Star Fox Zero (still slated for 2015)
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (2015)

3DS:
- Little Battlers eXperience (September 4)
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (Q4 2015)
- Chibi Robo: Zip Lash (2015)

Nindie titles:
- Typoman
- Mighty No. 9
- FAST Racing Neo
- Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
- Steamworld Heist
- several other

Further show highlights
- Charles Martinet
- downloads for Pokemon ORAS (Aromatisse & Malamar / Bouffalant & Sableye)
- fan art exhibition
- Mario flashmob
- Monster Hunter Communtiy Event
- Smash Bros & MK8 & Splatoon tournaments
- Pokemon 3DS tournament and High Score Challenge for Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition
- AR card that allows you to take photos of AC characters with a special software (downlaod code included on AR card)

I'm not sure whether it's a partial list. Both AC games, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yokoi Watch, Hyrule Warriors, and Metroid Prime are missing.

Devil's Third is not planned to be shown for obvious reasons.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's a good lineup of 3rd party stuff coming for 3DS. Hopefully they're at the show with their respective devs/pubs, because otherwise Nintendo should be showing those off themselves. Their showing here is weak.

Bl@de

Project Zero 5 anyone? How about a little marketing Nintendo? So the game can sell more than 10,000 copies...

Shiggy

Project Zero 5 anyone? How about a little marketing Nintendo? So the game can sell more than 10,000 copies...

Doubtful to show up. Nintendo Germany is normally always trying to hide mature games in order to position itself as a family-focussed gaming company.

Looking forward to seeing some more of Star Fox. Hopefully they'll be showing off some more Platinum-y parts here.

You can already take a look at the gamescom demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV5D2Qw1Rk4

It's not a flashmob if you list it on your fuckin' itinerary, Engelbrecht.

Should have called it "spontaneous flashmob".
KuGsj.gif

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The only thing in that list that I regret missing by not going to Gamescom this year is Fast Racing Neo. Quite meh line up.

Bl@de

Doubtful to show up. Nintendo Germany is normally always trying to hide mature games in order to position itself as a family-focussed gaming company.

Yeah ... No wonder everyone thinks Nintendo is for kiddies. Nintendo Germany hides all the interesting third party games.

Pathetic lineup.
It's not like WiiU ever has anything to offer though, but now they've even dropped the ball for 3DS for quite some time.

Volotaire

still no Zelda? Great.

Why on earth would Zelda U be present if Nintendo already announced that a 2015 release is not a priority and they confirmed its zero presence for E3 beforehand. As for the lineup, it is poor. This will likely replicate in EGX Eurogamer Expo this year at the end of September.

Mario Puzzle and Dragon Score attack? They hardest difficulty of score attack requires some very different tactics to the rest of the game (you have to make combos using all 5 elements due to the partners given, considering a combo is 3 pieces of the same colour minimum and the board can contain 30 pieces at most and there are the heart blocks as well it veers a bit into RNGesus territory if you're relying on off-screen tiles and if not you spend a lot of time spent trying to get a board that works).

The AR Card app reminds me that eShop cards in other regions came with similar things for a limited time.

- downloads for Pokemon ORAS (Parfinesse &Calamanero / Bisofank & Zobiris)
Aromatisse & Malamar / Bouffalant & Sableye

Serebii has a bit more info:
These Pokémon are selected by Game Freak Battle Director Shigeki Morimoto, competitive ready and are the following
- Aromatisse with Trick Room,Heal Pulse, Disable and Moonblast while holding the Babiri Berry and the ability Aroma Veil
- Malamar with Superpower, Knock Off, Facade and a move listed that translates to Rock Slide but isn't the official name, the item Assault Vest and the ability Contrary
- Sableye with the moves Calm Mind, Will-O-Wisp, Recover & Shadow Ball with the item Sablenite and the ability Prankster
- Bouffalant with the moves Head Charge, Facade, Earthquake and a move listed that translates to Rock Slide but isn't the official name, the Choice Band item and the ability Soundproof.
The bolded is neat (nice to see them doing that for more than VGC Champion Pokemon).

I for one never saw event Bouffalant being a thing.

Terrell

Mario Kart? Really??? They have so little to show they are going with Mario Kart. I mean, are we getting more DLC?

Gamescom is a trade fair, rather like Tokyo Game Show. It's not all about the new, fresh and exciting as we've been led to believe by E3, it's also about showing things to the public to sell your product. And considering how poorly Wii U has done in Europe and how practically no retailers are demoing them, let alone selling them, what else are they going to do to get one of their best games in people's hands, exactly?

Oersted

You can already take a look at the gamescom demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV5D2Qw1Rk4

Always is based on? I remember playing Bayonetta, Assasins Creed, ZombiU and Ninja Gaiden at their public showcases. I guess Zero will be at Cosplay conventions.

Yeah ... No wonder everyone thinks Nintendo is for kiddies. Nintendo Germany hides all the interesting third party games.

Using "..for kiddies as insult?

Naar

how do you sign up for the splatoon tournament? or is it one of those things were you sign up in person before it starts?

Chariot

Gamescom is a trade fair, rather like Tokyo Game Show. It's not all about the new, fresh and exciting as we've been led to believe by E3, it's also about showing things to the public to sell your product. And considering how poorly Wii U has done in Europe and how practically no retailers are demoing them, let alone selling them, what else are they going to do to get one of their best games in people's hands, exactly?
Hey now. The Wii U got the Xbox One beat in Germany.

Shiggy

Always is based on? I remember playing Bayonetta, Assasins Creed, ZombiU and Ninja Gaiden at their public showcases. I guess Zero will be at Cosplay conventions.

If I remember correctly, Nintendo did not attend gamescom 2012. Are you sure you played those titles at their booth?

The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and Xenoblade Chronicles were all not shown to the public. Same holds true for Project Zero 2 or Disaster: Day of Crisis as well as Metroid Prime Trilogy. It's also not just about gamescom, Nintendo Germany did not do any advertisements for these games; they fully focus on casual/family-oriented titles.

Terrell

If I remember correctly, Nintendo did not attend gamescom 2012. Are you sure you played those titles at their booth?

The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and Xenoblade Chronicles were all not shown to the public. Same holds true for Project Zero 2 or Disaster: Day of Crisis as well as Metroid Prime Trilogy. It's also not just about gamescom, Nintendo Germany did not do any advertisements for these games; they fully focus on casual/family-oriented titles.

I can't speak for the others, but Bayonetta 2 was at Gamescom in 2014.

KHlover

Banned
It's something! But honestly, it's really no surprise. Go on the Kids/Teens Channels here in Germany and it's one Nintendo Commercial after another.

Yeah it's insane. Nick is basically the Nintendo Commercial Channel with a few toy commercials thrown in between.

Shiggy

I can't speak for the others, but Bayonetta 2 was at Gamescom in 2014.

That surely was, but the game itself was sent out to die here. Point still stands, Nintendo Germany focuses on family titles and it's clear that that's their audience in Germany. PS4 dominates the hardcore market.

Felensis

Banned
I'm this year at Gamescom the first time (was aat Games Convention in Leipzig before) and got the chance to visit starting on the 5th which is press day.

I'm really excited, but if this line-up turns out to be true it would be really disappointing and a huge miss to show people games like Devil's Third, Project Zero or Xenoblade Chronicles X...

So far those are relevant to me:

Wii U

3DS:

Nindie titles:
- Mighty No. 9
- FAST Racing Neo
- Steamworld Heist

Further show highlights
- Charles Martinet

Shiggy

I'm this year at Gamescom the first time (was aat Games Convention in Leipzig before) and got the chance to visit starting on the 5th which is press day.

I'm really excited, but if this line-up turns out to be true it would be really disappointing and a huge miss to show people games like Devil's Third, Project Zero or Xenoblade Chronicles X...

So far those are relevant to me:

Wii U

3DS:

Nindie titles:
- Mighty No. 9
- FAST Racing Neo
- Steamworld Heist

Further show highlights
- Charles Martinet

The press lineup usually includes more titles.

- downloads for Pokemon ORAS (Aromatisse & Malamar / Bouffalant & Sableye)
- AR card that allows you to take photos of AC characters with a special software (downlaod code included on AR card)

Huh, curious how they're continuing the Pokemon distributions from last year (last year, they gave out Poke Ball Vivillon in advance).

Not sure if anyone relevant will notice this, but as an avid Pokemon event collector, I'd love any spare Pokemon codes that people don't want ^^

(Or if you're a collector as well, I can trade for them.)

Also, dang, didn't Nintendo distribute that AR app at Hyper Japan in the UK? Still need to get one of those...

Terrell

That surely was, but the game itself was sent out to die here. Point still stands, Nintendo Germany focuses on family titles and it's clear that that's their audience in Germany. PS4 dominates the hardcore market.

Except that's not what you asked, so it has no relevance to the answer.

Metroid Other M was at Gamescom (I know that people like to forget that game exists and all, but it falls in the same realm). Assassin's Creed 3 for Wii U and ZombiU were demonstrated by Ubisoft themselves. As was Injustice: Gods Among Us by WB. And BLOPS 2 by Activision.

Nintendo focuses on their titles in their own way, simple as that. Xenoblade likely isn't present because translation of the section in the demo into German is likely incomplete (translation in English for E3 this year was apparently really rough?), as is also likely with Fatal Frame, both of which are somewhat dialogue-dependent games.

Top Bottom