• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Has (Kinda) Abandoned the Fanboys - Official Forums Close! (Temporarily?)

Just got this:

Dear Sages,

It is likely that you have already heard that the Nintendo NSider Forums have been indefinitely closed. If you haven't had a chance to read the explanatory message from Nintendo, please do so now by visiting the forum homepage at this URL:

http://forums.nintendo.com

We know that this may come as disappointing news to you, but we want you to know that we sincerely appreciate the contribution you've made to the community. The Nintendo NSider Forums would not have been the same without great contributions from Sages like you. Even though the forums have closed, we still value your opinion and care about what you think.

We have created an online survey exclusively for Sages to get your feedback on the Nintendo NSider Forums. Please click the link below to take a brief survey and let us know your opinion:

Edited out, sorry

Thank you very much for your support of Nintendo.

Sincerely,

NINTENDO OF AMERICA INC.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
They're going to open a Starbucks or a Panera Bread now, aren't they?

bryehn

Wow that's kinda crazy. The forums were never really very good though.

Edit: anyone with a My Nintendo account can take that survey by the way

dkeane

Didn't Nintendo just overhaul their site last year? Now they're making big changes again because of Wii and DS success? Strange.

PkunkFury

this place was necessary for WiFi Connection problems. It's a shame they are getting rid of it completely. Hopefully the overhaul they speak of will involve something that works well through the Wii browser.

It's also a shame for all the kids who posted there. They'll now be funneled into Gamefaqs :\
or worse, they'll next NeoGaf junior member bundle

sk3tch

SlaughterX said:
The forums sucked more than Nintendo Power anyway, they will not be missed by me...

Have you read Nintendo Power recently? It's one of my favorite magazines. I think it's pretty damn great.

65z3iow.jpg

angelfly

grandjedi6 said:
I fear for the existance of Nintendo Power now. Especially since the forums were run by the staff
I thought they already got rid of it. I remember reading something about it a while back.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Instead of gaming forums for hardcore gamers, they're opening a new party games/mini games section on their site. And a new recipes section for their growing legion of soccer mom fans.

oh great. and they never answered my question about why some of my registered games were deleted. if they ever instate something like the stars system to the NOA website, I'm going to... uh... get very angry. >_>

Haunted

Grecco said:
Wii forum Channel confirmed

Cant wait for posts from 532235432 and 53223444553
:lol

Jiggy37 said:
I knew I should have saved the Kirby hat pictures yesterday. :(
Edit: Oh, wait. Still visible for a week!
oh, true. You got us covered, then? Would be a shame if those were lost.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
angelfly said:
I thought they already got rid of it. I remember reading something about it a while back.

Nintendo wants to sell it off to a third party but have it still exist in its current forum. But the forum shutting down is not a good omen for the magazine

TSA said:
Mods - modification to title requested - apparently they're just temporarily closed for a rehaul. Although, back in 1997 they did this and Nsider was gone for 6 years...
"Indefinitely" seems to imply "Maybe it will possibly come back under new people, but probably not."

Aalyx

They're revamping the site so they have to close the forums forever? What kind of explanation is that :lol

TSA said:
Mods - modification to title requested - apparently they're just temporarily closed for a rehaul. Although, back in 1997 they did this and Nsider was gone for 6 years...

It's weird though that in the statement there was no mention of "we'll be back!" They make it sound like they're closing the forums for good, but if it's just a site rehaul, then surely there'll be a new forum.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
TSA said:

So this is all over nothing? Or is this just PR speak for "Goodbye!"

TSA said:
Edit: I couldn't read the forums here at work because Nintendo is blocked, but I was just told the reason for this closure is for a rehaul....
Here is what it says:

Nintendo NSider Forums Update

Nintendo is working on a major overhaul to Nintendo.com to support the continued success of Nintendo DS and Wii. As we prepare for this huge site update, Nintendo must unfortunately close the Nintendo NSider Forums message boards indefinitely beginning Sept. 17, 2007.

For more than four years, these NSider Forums have fostered engaging, robust debates, a strong community and friendships. While their future remains uncertain, in the interim we invite our fans to build on the spirit of community by starting their own Nintendo discussion sites. Remember also that the unique features available with Nintendo DS and Wii give Nintendo the opportunity to communicate directly with fans, while also enabling fans and friends around the world to communicate with each other.

Nintendo has the greatest fans in the world, and it is because of their support and passion that Nintendo DS and Wii have become so hugely successful around the world. We hope that the faithful Nintendo community members will look forward to the future games and website updates that will enhance Nintendo's global community of Wii and Nintendo DS owners.

Starting Sept. 17, existing NSider Forums will be available in Read Only format for one week. Private Messages will be disabled. On Monday, Sept. 24, the forums will be removed from public view.

To visit the Read Only version of the NSider Forums, click here.
Thanks for your understanding and continued support. We'll see you soon elsewhere on the Web.

NOA_Andy

koam

Nintendo is working on a major overhaul to Nintendo.com to support the continued success of Nintendo DS and Wii.

WiiFit claims another.

Also, on that link, it specifically says "indefinately"

Top Bottom