• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Hollywood is coming to Universal CityWalk, California. (Comparable to Nintendo New York store)

Paul Gale

I just wanted to share some cool news with this community and that is that Nintendo is bringing another “world store” to California.

Nintendo Hollywood store is coming to Universal CityWalk and will be on a comparable level to the current Nintendo New York store in New York City.

The specific location which is currently expected for the store, is replacing the former Saddle Ranch restaurant, just outside of the Universal Studios Hollywood theme park.

Nintendo Hollywood Store

(Please note, this is an original story, exclusive to me and as a result, the only way to properly share it, is to provide a link directly to the Paul Gale Network article itself. I also know however, that some websites are sensitive about people submitting their own content as it could be seen as spam or self promotion. If this is the case, I apologize and you can go ahead and delete/edit/lock this thread. I have no problem adhering to any rules, but did not know how to otherwise share this news with this community. Thank you.)

Now that that is out of the way, who else is pumped for another store and is definitely planning to check it out!?

SaviourMK2

I've been to the NYC store, it's.... pretty boring. But that's just my opinion. If anything it needs to surpass the NYC store and do more than just have t-shirts, plushies and a small pokemon corner (which also has nothing it it)

Paul Gale

I've been to the NYC store, it's.... pretty boring. But that's just my opinion. If anything it needs to surpass the NYC store and do more than just have t-shirts, plushies and a small pokemon corner (which also has nothing it it)

Have you ever purchased anything cool or unique from the NYC store?

SaviourMK2

Have you ever purchased anything cool or unique from the NYC store?

Not really. I mean, if there was something exclusive, nothing there pointed it out to me. The only thing I got was a Joltik plushie that I'm sure I could've gotten of Pokemon Center's website. It was essentially Nintendo shirts, plushies, puzzles, games, systems and Pokemon plush/figurines/VERY few cards.
The only thing NYC exclusively has is the really cool gameboy that survived an explosion during the golf war. And the awesome display of every Nintendo console from beginning up until now (Including the japanese ones)

Paul Gale

Not really. I mean, if there was something exclusive, nothing there pointed it out to me. The only thing I got was a Joltik plushie that I'm sure I could've gotten of Pokemon Center's website. It was essentially Nintendo shirts, plushies, puzzles, games, systems and Pokemon plush/figurines/VERY few cards.
The only thing NYC exclusively has is the really cool gameboy that survived an explosion during the golf war. And the awesome display of every Nintendo console from beginning up until now (Including the japanese ones)

Yeah I remember seeing that Game Boy in an old issue of Nintendo Power. Cool seeing it in person, I imagine. Here’s to some fun exclusives that make the new store more appealing. I’ll go on opening day and report back! (Though that’s still a ways away.)

SaviourMK2

Yeah I remember seeing that Game Boy in an old issue of Nintendo Power. Cool seeing it in person, I imagine. Here’s to some fun exclusives that make the new store more appealing. I’ll go on opening day and report back! (Though that’s still a ways away.)

Yeah theres something magical about seeing it in person VS looking at a picture. Best of luck yours is more exciting!

squallheart

If they'd implement a restaurant with it would feel more grand than just a merchandise store. They would need real exclusive items that would make you go to the store as well.

Nelsin

Banned
Of course in a regular day its just a normal gaming store ,but better looking.

But NYC store host a lot of nintendo direct events and its a lot of hype despite how cringy sometimes it gets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom