• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
There are rumours a new F-Zero? :messenger_face_screaming:

Are there actually or is this just another case of someone on the internet at one point speculating, and it's turned into a rumour due to misinformation and a lack of reading comprehension?

Jooxed

Gold Member
There are rumours a new F-Zero? :messenger_face_screaming:

Are there actually or is this just another case of someone on the internet at one point speculating, and it's turned into a rumour due to misinformation and a lack of reading comprehension?

Yeah there have been a couple insiders that have posted about it, not the super credible one Zell, which is why I haven't added it to the OP. I will see if I can dig them up for you after work and DM them to you sir.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah there have been a couple insiders that have posted about it, not the super credible one Zell, which is why I haven't added it to the OP. I will see if I can dig them up for you after work and DM them to you sir.
Lm93KRM.gif

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
What is everyone's most played? https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

CvADhsl.jpg

yes yes i like to take out plebs in fortnite on switch. Judgement free.
Man. When I click that link it just redirects me to a Nintendo store page. Can Nintendo Australia do anything right? They can’t even include this option for us ffs.

Off the top of my head, it would have been Dragon Quest XI, but my Baldur’s Gate II playthrough will surpass that, I think. I put 122 hours into BG1 and already up to about 100 in BGII.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Man. When I click that link it just redirects me to a Nintendo store page. Can Nintendo Australia do anything right? They can’t even include this option for us ffs.

Off the top of my head, it would have been Dragon Quest XI, but my Baldur’s Gate II playthrough will surpass that, I think. I put 122 hours into BG1 and already up to about 100 in BGII.

Baldur's Gate is always one of those games that I hear is fantastic but I just never got into isometric RPG's. I should probably change that

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Baldur's Gate is always one of those games that I hear is fantastic but I just never got into isometric RPG's. I should probably change that
It’s a bit dated. It can be very hard and complicated at times. But, none of that bothers me.

The BG games create a sense of true role-playing and grand adventure that few games achieve. It’s hard to describe, but if you have any interest in high fantasy or even swords and sandals type media, give it a go. And I never played or explored D&D before, but I’m loving it.

Be prepared to have the internet handy to research things, though.

DESTROYA

I know most people are sore about the censoring as am I but I enjoy the when the game originally came out on WiiU and I really want replay it again.
I really don’t think the censorship will hurt it too much, if a game is good it’s good.

DESTROYA

The thing is the censorship in TMS really bizarre and out of place at times, thats why most people have issues with it.
I get that but if it’s just meant to be cosmetic I really don’t think it’ll be that big a deal. Time will tell.

Jooxed

Gold Member
It’s a bit dated. It can be very hard and complicated at times. But, none of that bothers me.

The BG games create a sense of true role-playing and grand adventure that few games achieve. It’s hard to describe, but if you have any interest in high fantasy or even swords and sandals type media, give it a go. And I never played or explored D&D before, but I’m loving it.

Be prepared to have the internet handy to research things, though.

I have missed that old school Roleplaying feeling since Everquest I am cool with difficult games.

I know most people are sore about the censoring as am I but I enjoy the when the game originally came out on WiiU and I really want replay it again.

Never played the first so I am super interested in this.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I get that but if it’s just meant to be cosmetic I really don’t think it’ll be that big a deal. Time will tell.
I liked the game despite its censorship because I really enjoyed the overall game, I'm gonna enjoy this one as well.
Never played the first so I am super interested in this.
Check out some footage ad see it game for you because there are who turned off by overall aesthetics. Also most people this similar to Persona but its really not entire structure, and combat is very different.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
It's this time of the year again when run-into-the-ground movie franchises and idle machine cycles cause future console speculations -- in particular of the 2021 timeframe.

NVIDIA Orin: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1524...-orin-a-herculean-arm-automotive-soc-for-2022
(strongly-suggested read before continuing with the rest of the post)

Early leaks indicate (unsurprisingly) Ampere GPU. A scaled-down tegra-class Orin would be a perfect continuation of the switch lineup.

So why not Parker or Xavier? IMO neither of them are good candidates for next-get (2020-plus) switch. Parker is too close to Tegra210 used in switch -- Pascal is a Maxwell 2.0 refresh (same arch) and Denver (NV's arm CPU uarch) is a dead end. Xavier has the same impediment -- while Volta is great, Xavier's cpu is next (and last) iteration of Denver.

But isn't Orin intended for 2022? Yes, it is, in its full-scale automotive configuration. In a scaled-down config it would be much easier to manufacture -- higher yields, cheaper chips, lower TDP. So, both arm CA77 successor 'Hercules' and Ampere -- NV's first 7nm design, originally roadmapped for 2020 IIRC, should be doable by late 2020/early 2021.

Jooxed

Gold Member
It's this time of the year again when run-into-the-ground movie franchises and idle machine cycles cause future console speculations -- in particular of the 2021 timeframe.

NVIDIA Orin: https://www.anandtech.com/show/1524...-orin-a-herculean-arm-automotive-soc-for-2022
(strongly-suggested read before continuing with the rest of the post)

Early leaks indicate (unsurprisingly) Ampere GPU. A scaled-down tegra-class Orin would be a perfect continuation of the switch lineup.

So why not Parker or Xavier? IMO neither of them are good candidates for next-get (2020-plus) switch. Parker is too close to Tegra210 used in switch -- Pascal is a Maxwell 2.0 refresh (same arch) and Denver (NV's arm CPU uarch) is a dead end. Xavier has the same impediment -- while Volta is great, Xavier's cpu is next (and last) iteration of Denver.

But isn't Orin intended for 2022? Yes, it is, in its full-scale automotive configuration. In a scaled-down config it would be much easier to manufacture -- higher yields, cheaper chips, lower TDP. So, both arm CA77 successor 'Hercules' and Ampere -- NV's first 7nm design, originally roadmapped for 2020 IIRC, should be doable by late 2020/early 2021.

Thank you for this info, can't wait to see what the next iteration looks like.

cireza

Banned
I really don’t think the censorship will hurt it too much, if a game is good it’s good.
Still the second dungeon was made completely stupid, as it revolves around the idea of "being scared to unveil your body when being an idol in photographs", except that rather then keeping the revealing bikinis, the girls are actually dressed from top to bottom, which makes the discussion totally stupid. "Look at me I am ashamed to be dressed as I am right now, yeah I look like I am going skying or snowboarding". So stupid it actually becomes funnier than the original ?

Jooxed

Gold Member

Mista

Banned
Starting to look forward to this game. Thanks for the thread Mista Mista

My pleasure mate

Alright, my (final?) predictions for 2020 - under the premise that it won't be a shit year like 2018 and (kinda) 2019:

Q1:
- Animal Crossing
- Xenoblade Definitive Edition (because not all N-fans care about cartoony family-games)
- Brain Training
- that censored shit-port

Q2:
- Pikmin 3+1 (extended Wii U-port)
- Picross 3D Switch (finally)
- Mario Golf (ofc without rpg-story mode ...)

Q3:
- Monolith Soft's new ip
- Star Fox Automata (by Yoko Taro, feat. playable Fox and Krystal)
- Splatoon: Squid pro Quo (singleplayer spinoff)
- Fatal Frame 6
- Xenoblade Warriors
- Collaboration with western 3rd-party, Nintendo's pendant to Quantum Break/Control

Q4:
- Pokemon Remakes
- Mario & Peach Odyssey (playable Mario and Peach)
- Zelda: BotW2

3rd-Parties:

- No More Heroes 3
- Bravely Default 2
- Hatsune Miku: Mega Mix
- Trials of Mana
- FFCC
- FF13 et al
- maybe Kingdom Hearts Collections, depends on SE's ongoing KH3 plans
- Ubisoft's Monster God-game
- Code Vein: Double Dipper Edition
- that new Digimon-game
- new Prince of Persia-game (time-exclusive)
- Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle: Wario Land (fighting Wario, Waluigi, Dark Peach and Gothpunk-Yoshi)
- maybe GTA5 (lol)
- Batman Arkham Collection
- SMT5 (i want to believe)
- Pro Evolution Soccer (how 'bout it, Konami?)
- Nier Remastered
- if it happens, then now: Halo + Xbox Live on Switch

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I feel like you're setting yourself for disappointment just a wee bit there lol.

No MP4 there stings, but I'm also not expecting it next year unfortunately :(

I feel like you're setting yourself for disappointment just a wee bit there lol.

No MP4 there stings, but I'm also not expecting it next year unfortunately :(

Maybe I'm like one game expecting too much (Star Fox or Mario might be too much), but I think too many fans have too low expectations. That's much worse. I've seen lists where Xenoblade DE is the only mature game for the entire year and I'm like 'wtf' :/

MP4 is impossible, at best MP Trilogy might finally materialize. Bayo 3 is too early, too, imo.

Shaqazooloo

I honestly haven't been thinking too much about what 2020 will bring. Hopefully we get a direct in January or February. Most likely they'll do an Animal Crossing Direct before release and another Direct in April.

Danjin44

I really like to see them announce No More Heroes 1&2 port for Switch, there is lots of people (including myself) not got the chance to play these games and since third game is coming out its as good time as many let people experience the first two games.

Last edited:
Added these to my prediction:

- Fatal Frame 6
- Xenoblade Warriors
- Collaboration with western 3rd-party, Nintendo's pendant to Quantum Break/Control

FF6 is overdue, Xenoblade 2 *begs* to continue using its characters considering how beloved/popular its cast is, and I feel like a Nintendo-funded western game could be that year's wtf-announcement, similar to last year's Astral Chain.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I really like to see them announce No More Heroes 1&2 port for Switch, there is lots of people (including myself) not got the chance to play these games and since third game is coming out its as good as many let people experience the first two games.

you and me both buddy. I am getting the third because it looks neat but I feel it would be much more enjoyable with a switch port of the first two.

Last edited:

Lrnex

I really like to see them announce No More Heroes 1&2 port for Switch, there is lots of people (including myself) not got the chance to play these games and since third game is coming out its as good as many let people experience the first two games.

That applies to so many of their other series too. With Metroid Prime 4 in the works it would be insane not to offer an HD remaster of the original trilogy. Getting to play those again only with stick and gyro would be soo sooo sweet!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That applies to so many of their other series too. With Metroid Prime 4 in the works it would be insane not to offer an HD remaster of the original trilogy. Getting to play those again only with stick and gyro would be soo sooo sweet!
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch is basically the worst kept secret in the industry right now. Unfortunately it's apparently tied down to MP4's development and won't release until that has a solid release window.

Lrnex

That makes sense! I’ve heard rumors about it off and on for a while and figured it would likely be inevitable. I still have the trilogy on Wii but the motion controls haven’t aged well for me. I love the stick/gyro hybrid controls from Splatoon and it’s hard to go back to the old waggle wand now.

Mr Hyde

Bandai Namco self-sabotaged DS1 Switch so hard, they probably convinced themselves more DS wouldn't sell on Switch

Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of. They botched the launch so hard. Stupid Bamco. But I hope they come to their senses, DS2 would be a good fit for Switch.

MP4 is gonnabe shit anyway. At best It's gonna be derivative sequel to MP3, leaving people wondering 'huh? Why does this game play/look like a game from 2006?'.

Nintendo doesn't give Metroid the budget it needs for a BotW-moment. And the asshole-fanbase wouldn't even allow it. No matter what changes would be made, some babies would complain. "Not hard enough! Where's the screw attack! Why is Samus sexy? Why is she not badass? Why is there no lava level? Why is there no Kraid-rehash? etc"

Metroid should fade away like Pikmin. It's better that way.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I really like to see them announce No More Heroes 1&2 port for Switch, there is lots of people (including myself) not got the chance to play these games and since third game is coming out its as good time as many let people experience the first two games.

i got NMH in ps3... to be honest is not a big deal game... but im gonna give a second chance NMH 2 that i never play it in wii.

Danjin44

i got NMH in ps3... to be honest is not a big deal game... but im gonna give a second chance NMH 2 that i never play it in wii.
I watched some gameplay for first two NMH and the art direction, character designs and gameplay kind of screams "my type of game". If it never gets Switch port then I get PS3 version before 3rd game comes out but I'm hoping in their upcoming direct they announce the Switch ports.

Heimdall_Xtreme

I watched some gameplay for first two NMH and the art direction, character designs and gameplay kind of screams "my type of game". If it never gets Switch port then I get PS3 version before 3rd game comes out but I'm hoping in their upcoming direct they announce the Switch ports.
The art is great and some characters like Bad Girl and Sylvia.

I expected more from the game, I don't know ... the negative and bad point that I find is that every boss you defeat, you have to get "Money" to continue eliminating another boss, that for me was a fatal mistake and I hope you never do it again in the third game.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
MP4 is gonnabe shit anyway. At best It's gonna be derivative sequel to MP3, leaving people wondering 'huh? Why does this game play/look like a game from 2006?'.

Nintendo doesn't give Metroid the budget it needs for a BotW-moment. And the asshole-fanbase wouldn't even allow it. No matter what changes would be made, some babies would complain. "Not hard enough! Where's the screw attack! Why is Samus sexy? Why is she not badass? Why is there no lava level? Why is there no Kraid-rehash? etc"

Metroid should fade away like Pikmin. It's better that way.

Shhh...
cat-paw-stop-posting.jpg

It's time to hush now.

(Have faith, my friend. I believe Nintendo has learned. Crazier things have happened, right?) :)

Danjin44

The art is great and some characters like Bad Girl and Sylvia.

I expected more from the game, I don't know ... the negative and bad point that I find is that every boss you defeat, you have to get "Money" to continue eliminating another boss, that for me was a fatal mistake and I hope you never do it again in the third game.
I want to ask you, I know first NMH came to PS3 as "No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise" but did the second game ever came to PS3?

Heimdall_Xtreme

I want to ask you, I know first NMH came to PS3 as "No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise" but did the second game ever came to PS3?

The second game never was released in another plataform... saddly because i wanna pick this version.

Only in Wii is the 2nd game, and now is a little hard to find it.

See me, i have wii but i never have the chance to buy NMH 2 :messenger_pensive:

BTW... Pick this version

pa.192490.12.jpg

Avoid this

P2Fsm7l.png

Last edited:

Danjin44

The second game never was released in another plataform... saddly because i wanna pick this version.

Only in Wii is the 2nd game, and now is a little hard to find it.

See me, i have wii but i never have the chance to buy NMH 2 :messenger_pensive:
FUUUUUCK!! They better port first two game to Switch or maybe they gonna do what they did with Bayonetta, they release the port of first two games as bundle with the 3rd game.

Top Bottom