• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo is (re)joining the power wars!!

jigglet

Banned
Leaks or not, why do this so close to Xmas. As an ex-shareholder (up until 2 weeks ago) I didn't give a shit about the impending XB / PS launches (which this comment is presumably designed to counter), the current Switch will do fine against $500 machines. This company makes no sense sometimes, another reason I bailed my ass out of there.

Last edited:

Entroyp

Well, they should be at least in the planning stages for the next console/handheld by now.

Hopefully this time the chip won’t come from raiding nvidia’s back alley garbage containers.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
So this one will be 3 WiiU's duct taped together?

I'd really love to see a Super Mario game with the full power of today's consoles(literally today, like even a PS4 or Xbox One) that's the most we can reasonably expect.

Pejo

How will Nintendo improve on this hardware?

maxresdefault.jpg

CrysisFreak

Banned
Nintendo's standalone VR headset similar to Oculus Quest.
Nintendo inJoy.
Has a Mario game like 3D world ala Astro Bot Rescue Mission.
I'd buy it.

McRazzle

They aren't even sure the next console will be released before 2030...
That's a tease, that they're releasing a console in 2021.
They wouldn't be giving a presentation showing slides with a question mark over "new game system" otherwise.
They're intentionally informing the public discretely and confirming the rumors, that they have a new system coming next year; and the quote about pricing and cutting edge technology, is a discrete way of saying it's going to be more powerful and cost more than the Switch.

JordanN

Banned
You sure are trying to make a fair comparison!
By Nintendo standard's, it's pretty par for the course.

Outside of Zelda, what games do they make that are actually meant to compete on a technical level?

In some ways, they are still behind PS3/360. You can take a look at the most recent Pokemon games and try and tell me how are they suppose to be bleeding edge?

zF7cnsu.jpg

I'm just telling you the truth. They are intentionally handicapped if they're not actually willing to spend the money on AAA graphics, regardless of how powerful the hardware they have.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
By Nintendo standard's, it's pretty par for the course.

Outside of Zelda, what games do they make that are actually meant to compete on a technical level?

In some ways, they are still behind PS3/360. You can take a look at the most recent Pokemon games and try and tell me how are they suppose to be bleeding edge?

zF7cnsu.jpg

I'm just telling you the truth. They are intentionally handicapped if they're not actually willing to spend the money on AAA graphics, regardless of how powerful the hardware they have.

/facepalm

Okay, lets pretend you're not trolling. Try comparing Sonys platformer to, shock, Nintendos own platformer?

JordanN

Banned
/facepalm

Okay, lets pretend you're not trolling. Try comparing Sonys platformer to, shock, Nintendos own platformer?
Like what?
Kirby? Mario?

If you're saying both games look better than PS4 or PS5 then no, I don't think they actually come close on a technical level. Artistically, they're fine. But they were never examples of what "next gen" was actually suppose to look like.

And if their flagship games can't do that, what do you think 99% of their titles will look like after that fact?

Last edited:
Top Bottom