• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo (Japan) 3DS Direct to be broadcast soon [Iwata, 33 mins, Chico is Quiet]

L~A

(Click on the pic to get to the Nintendo Direct page!).

YouTube stream / NicoNico stream (no account needed, great for German folks who can't watch livestreams on YouTube)

Time:

Japan: 8PM
Europe: 1PM
UK: 12PM
USA (East Coast): 7AM
USA (West Coast): 4AM

t1409310000z0.png

If no EU or US version I expect 3rd party blowout.

If there is a EU or US version happening at the same time all 3 should be watched as the content will greatly differ.

There's bound to be a smash newcomer video in there. My money's on Shulk.
They could just as easily reveal some kid called Ness. Heard his game is 20 years as of this week.

L~A

I wonder if there'll be any announcements or if it'll just be FFEX and EO2DX stuff.

Unlike the previous Direct, this one isn't just for 3rd-party games, so who knows?

Personally, I got a little idea of what might be announced, but then again, I always do and I'm rarely spot-on, ha ha.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Strange. Usually, Directs are announced first in US / Europe around 14:00 / 15:00 GMT and then, at..midnight / 1:00 GMT for Japan.

And, while it's at a different time than usual for Japan, it's not that different (this time, it's at 20:00 JPT, while other times it's been at 23:00 JPT). And yep, the announcement on JP Twitter account came up much earlier than usual, even considering the different streaming time. Mmh, let's see if there's going to be a Tweet for US and Europe at the usual time.

Btw, it'd be 12:00 GMT, right? What about US?

Shaanyboi

Banned
I feel like if it's at 4AM PST, there won't be a NA version at all. Probably another japanese third party showing or something, along with a "Oh hey Smash Bros." reminder.

I'm expecting nothing.

ZeroX03

Banned
Majoras Mask 3D! It is time!

How so? We had ALBW less than a year ago. They've liked to keep their major handheld releases two years apart since 07. They've got the two big holiday 3DS games in Smash and Pokemon. Seems to if MM3D is coming - and I believe it is, they've hinted it and know the fans want it - it'll be 2015 where it's needed.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Majora's Mask 3D, it's time.

Also, not one Americo joke yet? I'm disappointed.

EDIT: Nintendo Directs at 7AM EDT happened before.

Rich!

How so? We had ALBW less than a year ago. They've liked to keep their major handheld releases two years apart since 07. They've got the two big holiday games in Smash and Pokemon. Seems to if MM3D is coming - and I believe it is, they've hinted it and know the fans want it - it'll be 2015 where it's needed.

Shush, I want majoras mask. Nothing will ever stop my personal hype train

upandaway

I can't see them announcing new games, I'm expecting more details for announced stuff. Even then there's a lot to cover.

Hellraider

Strange. Usually, Directs are announced first in US / Europe around 14:00 / 15:00 GMT and then, at..midnight / 1:00 GMT for Japan.

And, while it's at a different time than usual for Japan, it's not that different (this time, it's at 20:00 JPT, while other times it's been at 23:00 JPT). And yep, the announcement on JP Twitter account came up much earlier than usual, even considering the different streaming time. Mmh, let's see if there's going to be a Tweet for US and Europe at the usual time.

Btw, it'd be 12:00 GMT, right? What about US?

Unusual time means new model, as expected (by me and three others).

duckroll

Unlike the previous Direct, this one isn't just for 3rd-party games, so who knows?

Personally, I got a little idea of what might be announced, but then again, I always do and I'm rarely spot-on, ha ha.

Well let's see, even if they have zero new announcements, there's enough in the near future to pack a direct.

First party: Smash, Yoshi, Kirby.
Third party: DQX, FFEX, EO2DX, MH4G, Dai Gyakuten Saiban, New Geist Crusher, Forbidden Magna, Hero Bank 2, etc.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I like how it doesn't say 'announced software', like other 3DS directs have before. Hopefully means new games.

Guys, can you check what was said in occasion of the Nintendo Direct where 3DS XL was announced? Japanese version, of course.

Well let's see, even if they have zero new announcements, there's enough in the near future to pack a direct.

Third party: DQX, FFEX, EO2DX, MH4G, Dai Gyakuten Saiban, New Geist Crusher, Forbidden Magna, Hero Bank 2, etc.

Yoshi and Kirby are Wii U games, fyi

Lunar15

I'd love to hear more about Codename STEAM. It looked so complete when they showed it off at E3, so the 2015 date surprised me.

I have a feeling this will only focus on the second half of 2014 though.

They could just as easily reveal some kid called Ness. Heard his game is 20 years as of this week.

Why not both! Robin's newcomer video also had the return of Falcon, so I could see some veterans showing up. Especially this close to release.

maxcriden

Yoshi and Kirby? (This is 3DS, though?)

Top Bottom