• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo life : panic button may have more switch ports in the works

Is this the start of 3rd party publishers fully supporting the switch

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Thor 2 the dark world

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Some will but mostly “tests” or the occasional random release like doom/rocket league

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It will last gen remastered/ Shovel ware/Some exclusives/downports wii style releases

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Saw this and thought it was worth sharing:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ore_nintendo_switch_ports_are_in_the_pipeline

Speaking in an interview with Gamasutra, Panic Button's director of development Adam Creighton gave a pretty big hint that this is indeed the case:
You know that meme? With the dog? Drinking from a sprinkler? That’s me right now. And we might have some other titles for that platform.....
...The Switch release has been perfect. Actually it’s mentioned in almost all the port requests we receive. To keep up with this pace, we already have 12 kits at the office! Not yet the platform with the most kits, but definitely the fastest growing trend in our office. In the games we have published we’ve seen more sales on Switch than on PS4 and XBox One combined during the same period. Now every developer wants their game to be on the Switch.

Read article for more.

But given the Stella work Panic button have done for Doom and Rocket league this a great thing to hear.

It doesn’t say what gen the ports are from.
But last gen hits and some current gen (Down/reduced) ports compared to other systems this gen arriving on the switch, indies and Nintendo’s output make last me really excited to be a switch owner and yes a fanboy.(I’m 40 years old) I’ve had I think most of their systems released in the EU from the NES to switch. Save the VB and GBA Micro.

Port me if old.

Also I for one am glad that this time round it looks like 3rd parties are suddenly excited to have games on this little hybrid machine that can.

Not sure what the motivation for that may be ? (Sarcasm)

What say you GAF?

Top Bottom