• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Life Rumor: EA and Nintendo to have meetings in March regarding NX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true (it isn't!) it's only referring to a kind of vibration feedback in the sticks. It's not implying it's going to be physically fighting against the user input I don't think. I mean there isn't a mechanism trying to force the sticks one way or the other, just directed vibrations.

But again: it's all complete fantasy.

No the rumour was indeed about pushing against the user. It might be possible (nintendo scroll wheel patent talks about a motor that can turn the wheel) I'm not sure how small you'd be able to get them for 2 axis feedback. Not happening anyway!

Banned
No the rumour was indeed about pushing against the user. It might be possible (nintendo scroll wheel patent talks about a motor that can turn the wheel) I'm not sure how small you'd be able to get them for 2 axis feedback. Not happening anyway!
So basically impulse analogs like Xbox impulse triggers.

The more I keep hearing about motors and wheels the more I keep thinking that's just more shit to break. So many moving parts.

So basically impulse analogs like Xbox impulse triggers.

The more I keep hearing about motors and wheels the more I keep thinking that's just more shit to break. So many moving parts.

True. I still like the idea of piezo actuators for touch screen feedback though.

So what are the chances the NX is compatible with the Wii/U?

I think NX has a high chance of supporting the Tablet and all old WIi Accessories (wiimote, nunchuck, etc..)

Doesnt seem likely to have full Backwards compatibility but we dont know for sure

Doczu

So what are the chances the NX is compatible with the Wii/U?

Unless Nintendo wishes to run into a dead end, then no hardware backwards compatibility.

Well technically... They could do a launch PS3 backwards compatibility and just stuff the Wii U into the box, next to the NX.

EDIT: that would be dope even if only for doing another Nintendont and running GCN-Wii-Wii U games besides the NX titles.

Unless Nintendo wishes to run into a dead end, then no hardware backwards compatibility.

Well technically... They could do a launch PS3 backwards compatibility and just stuff the Wii U into the box, next to the NX.

How hard would it be for a modern system to emulate WiiU I wonder...

I know PC/Android has dolphin builds that can run GC/Wii games well. How big is the leap?

I only bring this up since WiiU is often compared to xbox360 in power and XB1 runs those games (i get that it was a massive effor to do so)

ekim

I guess the "leak" about the HW being close to X1 was already discussed here? It's fake right?

I mean this quote:
any game that can run of a Playstation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with near-zero modification to the original source code, especially if it runs in Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. This is allegedly why Nintendo has given out the dev kits so late, as one 3rd Party dev put it “It’s the easiest device we’ve ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works.”

Makes not much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom