• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Massive Leak #2 : (source code Zelda3, source code Star Fox, Mario Kart Prototype, much more...)

LemonSawa

Neo Member

skQPWUP.png

The sad part about Pokemon beta leaks is that there are some cool Pokemon that will never be official.

LarknThe4th

It is sad, but you are right. Resetera has us beat on this one.
Yeah it's the only thread where I can keep up with it, everywhere else just has too many disparate threads

Maybe if some people who are making a million "GOT looks shit, or Halo looks shit!" Threads popped in here and contributed to some fun gaming culture that would be swell and we could all share some memories of the good old days, this is already the best thread here on GAF since I arrived because everybody is keeping their politics(right or left) out of it and are chatting about their videogame white whales 🙂

Gifmaker

Here is a lot of information regarding Zelda 64 compiled and updated as new info emerges. All this stuff is pretty cool!

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can you copy the info and paste here for people that don't want to go to 4chan?

There's pages and pages and pages of text and images. /v/ is a worksafe board.

Rat Rage

Also I want to say how lame this forum has been, people are making a million threads all about the same thing and this, the biggest leak of the most secretive and historically Important company in the history of videogames is sitting on two pages!!
Only 3 pages? What's wrong with you people?

What so special about the leaks? Source codes, early art, stuff that didn't make the games. I'm not into programming, so I don't get what's so awesome about all of this. Same with the port of Mario 64 for PC.

LarknThe4th

What so special about the leaks? Source codes, early art, stuff that didn't make the games. I'm not into programming, so I don't get what's so awesome about all of this. Same with the port of Mario 64 for PC.
Well the existence of a completely unknown game that was later turned into Yoshis Island

ExpandKong

Banned
Did someone say the OoT source code is in here?

Does that mean we can expect a PC port of OoT with 60fps and shit like the Mario 64 port’s gotten?

Tell me this is what that means.

CamHostage

Only 3 pages? What's wrong with you people?
I'd rather this post was quiet (but maybe made a sticky?) then just flooded with posts of people going, "OMG, its great" or "Meh, old games, I'm young and don't care".

As it is, it's nice and easy to wade through the new discoveries and Twitter link-offs and other relevant additions to the limited discussion, and while it is sad to know that this isn't everybody's cup of tea on GAF, I'm plenty fine not knowing how much Super Donkey matters or doesn't matter to everybody else; it's a big deal to me.

Last edited:

lestar

Did someone say the OoT source code is in here?

Does that mean we can expect a PC port of OoT with 60fps and shit like the Mario 64 port’s gotten?

Tell me this is what that means.

No full source code yet, the leaks sources are from CSV (source control) repositories from iQue versions, some partial code, object files, beta levels, textures, and images. take in mind these leaks are like a raw gold mine that have to be mined and refined before get usefull or compilable code, and that takes time.

But be patient, at this moment, OoT is being decompiled like SM64 decompilation project was, eventually we'll get a full source code that eventually will be ported to PC.

And if you ask, any code found in these leaks cannot be use in the decomp project, because that code is copyrighted and would give Nintendo the right to DMCA the project.

JSoup

Banned
And if you ask, any code found in these leaks cannot be use in the decomp project, because that code is copyrighted and would give Nintendo the right to DMCA the project.

It's been pointed out multiple times since the first leak that there is a team doing it anyway that'll just dump it somewhere online and that'll be that. So we'll get the supposed 'perfect' version of everything being worked on eventually.

Kamina

Golden Boy
So it appears that an amount of Ura Zelda really went into Majoras Mask.
The spider house of the swamp was found in the files.
They also found the effects of using the medallions, and appearently they could be used with the bow, as they found dark arrows for example.

Last edited:

Trimesh

Banned
Is this still all related to that huge iQue leak from a while back? If so why would Nintendo have given them so much data to hold on to?

Sort of, but there was no "iQue leak" - all this stuff was hacked from Nintendo's servers by a guy called Zammis Clark (I don't mind mentioning the name because he's already been busted) - presumably he initially selectively leaked the archives from BroadOn in an attempt to create uncertainly about where the data came from.

Top Bottom