• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo may have many, many more Switch consoles planned.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Well this is a surprise.
I'd want basically what everyone else wants- a switch pro that releases in the early 2020s with a 1080p handheld screen. Removes the joycon drift and in general makes them better. Bigger more responsive thumbsticks, a dpad you can take off or on kinda like the satellite in the Xbox one elite controller, and a much better screen with no bezel, similar to the Samsung Galaxy phones. Make it happen Nintendo!

DESTROYA

Well this is a surprise.
I'd want basically what everyone else wants- a switch pro that releases in the early 2020s with a 1080p handheld screen. Removes the joycon drift and in general makes them better. Bigger more responsive thumbsticks, a dpad you can take off or on kinda like the satellite in the Xbox one elite controller, and a much better screen with no bezel, similar to the Samsung Galaxy phones. Make it happen Nintendo!
What would you be willing to pay for this? Honest question because it would probably add $100 to the price.

GeekyDad

Yeah, based on past handheld generations (and the flexibility of this system), I definitely anticipate them doing as much with it in terms of variations as they can. Might even see one of the last iterations come with a clamshell, who knows.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I'd pay just that-400$. Maybe even more, though that might not be the case since probably by 2022 1080p handheld screens will be dirt cheap. The batteries for them though... 😕

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
i just dont want a DSi situation where the console is the same gen but with exclusive titles
There were both dsi-enhanced and dsi-exclusive titles, like a few dsiware titles using the dsi in its super-nds capacity, whether cpu power, camera, or both.

Dsi-enhanced was just that, though -- running in some capacity on the nds.

Last edited:
I feel this is the first Nintendo hardware since NES/SNES that third parties have put a strong push to port titles to. Sure it will never be perfect as long as the hardware is far weaker and some publishers will never push hard for Nintendo. (EA is gonna EA)

So it would be smart if Nintendo will stick with the form factor of 'Switching' Docked and Handheld form factors and not break it up too much in the direction the Lite seems to be going. It is nice to have the options. They need a dockable Lite and a portable PRO.

At the very least don't break up the platform into 2 pillars again, keep them playing the same first party software as much as possible.

KINGMOKU

I'm hoping they use that one SCD patent and have a new dock that supercharges the next new switch and puts it next gen territory.

I'm desperately hoping both Sony and Microsoft go the hybrid route as well as the switch has been a revelation.

Love being able to pick up and go, or have a group of friends over the play mario kart, everyone with their own screen. Its amazing.

Gargus

Banned
Of course they do. This is Nintendo, once they find something that works they milk the shit out of it. We will get dozens of switches in different limited color schemes, in a couple years a few mild enhancements followed by more editions of it, and so on.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I can wait one more year np, but 2 years.... nah, probably will buy new revision if by the end of 2020 there won't Pro version or at least something official about it. I just can't wait two years to play this year's Switch games.

I'm still holding out on the Pro-level model with huge storage, bigger screen, etc. Probably won't happen to get all of my desires in one, but I can hope.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
once they find something that works they milk the shit out of it. We will get dozens of switches in different limited color schemes, in a couple years a few mild enhancements followed by more editions of it, and so on.
Well so long as they don't do what the others have done they can do whatever they want with their hardware.
s-l640.jpg

8bm6nxG.jpg

JCK75

Since the Nvidia shield is now like $139 with a controller and remote, I'm hoping for a Switch TV Only set top box with a pro controller for like $150.
Of course they are going to have to be more flexible with people playing their games across multiple devices for that to work.

Top Bottom