• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo NA eShop Holiday Sale Roundup

Shizuka

Anybody even remotely interested in playing more visual novels on the 3DS should buy Harvest December and Parascientific Escape.

Verelios

I'm really low on space but need AA6. If I delete a game, is its save data gone too? Can I back it up to the computer somehow?
Well...if it's just the save data you can back that up from your SD card to a computer I believe, or just back the whole card up. As for game data, uh, I dunno. I try not to play around with Nintendo's antiquated nonsense and just get bigger cards.

cj_iwakura

Well...if it's just the save data you can back that up from your SD card to a computer I believe, or just back the whole card up. As for game data, uh, I dunno. I try not to play around with Nintendo's antiquated nonsense and just get bigger cards.

Where is the save data stored?

VARIA

Crimson Shroud is amazing guys.

2.99 for a hybrid tabletop RPG is a steal. Great character designs, art, story and an awesome fighting system that incorporates dice rolling like a Dungeons & Dragons tabletop game.

Kazerei

Banned
How addictin/good is inazuma eleven?

It feels a bit rough and outdated, being a remake of the first game. It's also primarily an RPG, with stats and grinding and buying equipment and such, while soccer is more of a window dressing. It's probably better to think of the battle system as like a strategy RPG in which you draw (with the stylus) where to move players and where to pass the ball. So don't go in expecting a soccer game, go in expecting an RPG with a unique and unusual battle system.

The battles are kinda fun, but frustrating at times. What I liked the most was actually the story and collecting all the characters. It's not a game I would easily recommend because it's not super great and it's not for everyone, but it could be enjoyable enough.

StereoVsn

It feels a bit rough and outdated, being a remake of the first game. It's also primarily an RPG, with stats and grinding and buying equipment and such, while soccer is more of a window dressing. It's probably better to think of the battle system as like a strategy RPG in which you draw (with the stylus) where to move players and where to pass the ball. So don't go in expecting a soccer game, go in expecting an RPG with a unique and unusual battle system.

The battles are kinda fun, but frustrating at times. What I liked the most was actually the story and collecting all the characters. It's not a game I would easily recommend because it's not super great and it's not for everyone, but it could be enjoyable enough.

What gets me is that EU has 3 sequels (maybe 4) published, while NA gets jack shit. The games have already been translated, majority of the work has been done, but apparently it's too much to put it on the NA eShop. Meh.

Separately, pretty much any of these smaller Level-5 games are great. Crimson Shroud, Liberation Maiden, etc.. are all good (latter especially). The one I like the most though is "Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale" which is a kind of kids slice of life summer vacation in the shoes of a young Japanese kid mixed in with some monster rumors (don't think Pokemon or Yokai, it's not quite like that).

There is a very good review on Destructoid but I hesitate to recommend it because I think its better to go into the game fresh.
https://www.destructoid.com/review-attack-of-the-friday-monsters-a-tokyo-tale-258514.phtml

Anyway, it's $3, just buy it, it's much better then the price would indicate and has no right to be this good for this price (much like Crimson Shroud).

daffy

Banned
This is frankly embarrassing. + these meager price drops should stay down and not jump back up to full price ffs

Dr. Worm

Banned
(m=ecuKGgaaaa)(mh=38JA2FkPd9pTiHxn)10.jpg

Sycoraxic98

Neo Member
Ctrl + F, Fatal Frame - 0 Results.

There's always next year I guess. Maybe Nintendo will put it on sale for the 2 year anniversary. Was hoping maybe they got in the christmas spirit and would update it.

The issue with that is that there is no precedent for DLC going on sale, and technically Fatal Frame is a piece of $50 DLC attached to a free download. They probably don't think there's an incentive to put it on sale if the sale price won't surface on the store page or on any eShop listing. (The DLC is two menus deep on the eShop at minimum).

HotHamBoy

Snagged Steamworld Heist for 3DS.

My recommendations: Steamworld Heist, Attack of the Friday Monsters, and Weapon Shop de Omasse.

The first two have already been mentioned, but Weapon Shop de Omasse is a lot of fun. It's a light, fun rhythm game with a lot of personality to it.

I have long been curious about Weapon Shop de Omasse. I was bummed that it seemed to review poorly. What makes it so mediocre? $3 is doable.

Anyone played Aeroporter?

I assume you have Crimson Shroud? That's probably the best Guild game.

HotHamBoy

Bad deals all around.

Nintendo keeps losing.

The eShop has embarrassingly weak sales compared to PSN, MS and Steam.

Mostly just a parade of the same shovelware with the same meager discounts on already cheap software.

If nothing else, why not put VC games on sale more regularly? I feel like VC is rarely ever discounted.

oatmeal

Banned
The eShop has embarrassingly weak sales compared to PSN, MS and Steam.

Mostly just a parade of the same shovelware with the same meager discounts on already cheap software.

If nothing else, why not put VC games on sale more regularly? I feel like VC is rarely ever discounted.

Yeah it's super disappointing.

HotHamBoy

Is the sale over already? Axiom Verge shows up full price for me.

That's because Axiom Verge isn't on sale.

Soul Axiom is, though.

Just overall I was hoping for more really

Atlus has sales at least once a month and probably pretty soon. They usually have great discounts.

Sega 3D Classics have been going on sale fairly regularly. Most are worth buying full price ($6) but certainly grab them when they get discounted.

I personally would like to get Fantasy Life at a discount but the one time it went on sale it was a pretty shitty one. It has yet to be discounted since. A lot of eShop stuff stays full price and rarely goes on sale for a good price.

Atlus has sales at least once a month and probably pretty soon. They usually have great discounts.

Sega 3D Classics have been going on sale fairly regularly. Most are worth buying full price ($6) but certainly grab them when they get discounted.

I personally would like to get Fantasy Life at a discount but the one time it went on sale it was a pretty shitty one. It has yet to be discounted since. A lot of eShop stuff stays full price and rarely goes on sale for a good price.
Yeah I'd be down for that Sega 3d if I didn't play em on ps2 then on ps3 haha. Atlus definitely one I'm looking forward to seeing a sale from. I haven't played any of their RPGs on 3ds besides Devil Survivor 1 and that port. I'll be okay I still have pokemon sun, monster hunter and Mario tennis GBC

HotHamBoy

Yeah I'd be down for that Sega 3d if I didn't play em on ps2 then on ps3 haha. Atlus definitely one I'm looking forward to seeing a sale from. I haven't played any of their RPGs on 3ds besides Devil Survivor 1 and that port. I'll be okay I still have pokemon sun, monster hunter and Mario tennis GBC

Get Crimson Shroud and Steamworld Dig.

Taramoor

If you are hoping for good sales on Nintendo games then you should prepare for more disappointment.

Even when their games do go on sale, which is rare, the discounts are laughable - even on older software.

To be fair, the Daily Deal on Xbox One right now is a special on virtual currency for NBA 2K17.

So... it could be worse.

M3d10n

AA6 get! I just landed at Khura'in, expecting a good time!

I'm really low on space but need AA6. If I delete a game, is its save data gone too? Can I back it up to the computer somehow?
You're given the choice to backup the save on the SD card itself before deleting a game. The backup is automatically restored when you redownload the game later.

HotHamBoy

Wow... so no new deals on Christmas. Eshop sales are notoriously bad but they've always had Christmas blow-out sales in previous years with most major publishers represented. Really surprised at the lack of Sega and Atlus.

If they don't do a big New Year sale on Thursday I really just don't know what to think about how Nintendo views their customers. Show some appreciation for the new hardware owners!

John Blade

Wondering if Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is the best game to start if you never try Monster Hunter game and want to stick with single player which I tend to do. Just wondering.

renzolama

Another win for the big N
(This sale is terrible)

Edit: Wait, Steamworld and MonHun are on sale, so it's not a total loss

John Blade

It eases in new players more better than Monster Hunter Generations.

What do I lost if I don't get Monster Hunter Generations? Also, is they an update of Monster Hunter Generations coming out sometime next year? Just want to have a rough idea as I heard stuff but don't know much of this franchise at all even though it look like the games I would like to play a lot.

Don't know if this has been mentioned already but if anyone wants a physical copy of Monster Hunter Generations, GameStop is selling them for $19.99.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Was hoping Starfox 64 3D would be on sale, scanned through the whole list -- should've read the OP first.

Hard to find that game discounted in the US.

Top Bottom