• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Nintendo Network" logo spotted on 3DS box

A picture of the Japanese Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm box has been tweeted, and a logo for a "Nintendo Network" has been spotted.

The Nintendo Network name is what Nintendo have previously used as the network for their e3 coverage, as well as being used for Mario Kart 7's online.

What could this be? Distribution platform for DLC? Replacement for the Nintendo WiFi Connection? New unified network for 3DS and WiiU?

A financial report and investor's conference has been scheduled for next Thursday, so we may hear more then.

TxXIn.jpg

for the lazy. Maybe it's a rebranding for their wifi service

[Nintex]

That logo is quite shitty I must say. A lowercase N and a thingy that looks like an RSS feed(the orange gives that vibe too). Is Nintendo going for a full rebrand with a new logo or what's that weird N doing there?

I could see Nintendo go full on Apple/HP on us and brand all their shit with a lowercase N.

It's worth noting that the Nintendo WiFi Connection branding hasn't been used for a good long time; none of Nintendo's recent WiFi titles have used the branding.

[Nintex];34430123 said:
That logo is quite shitty I must say. A lowercase N and a thingy that looks like an RSS feed(the orange gives that vibe too). Is Nintendo going for a full rebrand with a new logo or what's that weird N doing there?

gonna go out on a limb and say the "n" miiiiight stand for "nintendo" and "network" and thus indicates the game in question supports said network

just making crazy guesses here

[Nintex]

gonna go out on a limb and say the "n" miiiiight stand for "nintendo" and "network" and thus indicates the game in question supports said network

just making crazy guesses here

I know it just doesn't seem to fit with any of the current fonts/logo styles they use.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Theatrhytm is releasing (in Japan) on Feb. 16th. Nintendo is holding an investor conference next Wednesday, Jan. 26th. Expect to hear something about it then.

My guess is that Nintendo is going to announce an unified Network system for all their consoles. With their recent efforts on the 3DS, the Club Nintendo integration, their Nintendo Network E3 coverage, and rumors of the E-Reader Nintendo Powers to go along with VC content; I imagine Nintendo Network will be your access to everything Nintendo.

[Nintex];34430177 said:
I know it just doesn't seem to fit with any of the current fonts/logo styles they use.

It looks a little like the GameCube-era typeface they used, or perhaps - though it's hard to tell from such a small image - even the typeface they use for the "Nintendo" part of the Nintendo DS/3DS logo. It's certainly not out of keeping with the typefaces on the 3DS game packaging, and the orange "N" is a bright, clear indicator that it has online functionality, and the two radiating curves (though a little cliche) are fairly familiar shorthand for "online" through use in other web logos.

It's not going to win any awards, but it's clear, eye-catching and it works with the rest of the packaging. Job done.

A unified network of some sort is an inevitability because it could be profitable in so many different ways. Even if this brand doesn't herald its arrival, I wouldn't be surprised to see something this year.

Top Bottom